Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338077 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?  (Read 11242 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 05:45:41 AM »

After hearing all the hype I decided to try out the demo and I have to be honest: I don't get it.  What's so special about this game?  It looks and plays like a million other TPSs.

It's fun. Main difference compared to other TPS on the market is speed, if you make good use of the slide the game's pacing becomes a lot faster than your average TPS. It's not original at all, we already knew that, it's just chaotic and fast, the sensory overload just makes it stand out, some people seem to find it overwhelming though.

First PS3/360 comparisson is up:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vanquish-demo-showdown-blog-entry

It's pretty much what people have been saying on forums, they are pretty much identical. The 360 version isn't v-synced though. They say that this area probably won't be featured in the full game, that's interesting.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »

I know right? In Bayonetta the taunts were almost 4 seconds long which took balls to pull off in battle.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »

I know right? In Bayonetta the taunts were almost 4 seconds long which took balls to pull off in battle.

Bayonetta? Balls? HA! :D
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »

Epic trailer:-

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31177

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:15 PM »

The demo is short and doenst spoil anything.

God damn does the game feel good to play once you get decent at it. Jetting around everywhere, poppin slo'moz to wipe out a group of enemies. B)
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »

I have to admit, I didn't care for this one bit until I played the demo. It just felt so polished and fun, and the weapon change effects were awesome. Depending on how much content the game actually comes with, it might be a buy for me. I'm going to play it regardless though.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »

Bayonetta? Balls? HA! :D

lulz

EDIT*  Holy Shit that trailer was amazing! Oh god, please let this be good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:09:15 PM by Uru » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »

Ok, so I DLed the demo. I picked "casual auto" whatever that means. It was pretty tough, regardless.
I love the whole boost slide thing, and the slow-mo shooting. It's crazy fast, and a lot of fun. The more I played, the better I got at it. Didn't beat the big ass robot, though.
It feels like Gears of War on speed. I have a feeling this game will hand me my ass, so it's not one I would buy right away. When it eventually drops to $30 or something I'll pick it up.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 05:41:50 AM »

I played the demo twice and always picked normal. I don't even know what the difference is, gotta check it out but from the name I can tell that it makes the game too easy.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 06:36:59 AM »

I played the demo twice and always picked normal. I don't even know what the difference is, gotta check it out but from the name I can tell that it makes the game too easy.

Casual = casual
Auto = auto-targetting the first time you aim

Even tho it's not much of a difference between them really and I'm glad, compared to Bayonetta's easy modes which made the game feel awkward doing random combos. Who even plays these modes?

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:56 AM »

You'd be suprised how many do. Some people dont find memorizing combos as fun as the rest of us, lol.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »

Casual = casual
Auto = auto-targeting the first time you aim

Even tho it's not much of a difference between them really and I'm glad, compared to Bayonetta's easy modes which made the game feel awkward doing random combos. Who even plays these modes?

<---Plays almost every game on easy mode. Hard games =/= fun to me. I have yet to play Bayonetta, but I hear it has a zillion difficulty levels. I'll probably not pick the super easy one. Whichever mode is the next below normal is what I will play in.

I didn't notice any type of auto anything in the mode I played. I guess I was expecting a lock on or something. Once I got used to it, I was doing ok, regardless.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 06:04:10 PM »

I have yet to play Bayonetta, but I hear it has a zillion difficulty levels. I'll probably not pick the super easy one. Whichever mode is the next below normal is what I will play in.

The big problem with Bayonetta in my opinion is not the difficulty. Is that it can be way too over the top for some people, the game enjoys how fucking ridiculous it is and if you don't like that aspect of the game you're not going to enjoy Bayonetta even is you try really hard.

...not to mention that the plot is all over the place, but that's part of the charm.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »

I have yet to play Bayonetta, but I hear it has a zillion difficulty levels. I'll probably not pick the super easy one. Whichever mode is the next below normal is what I will play in.

The big problem with Bayonetta in my opinion is not the difficulty. Is that it can be way too over the top for some people, the game enjoys how fucking ridiculous it is and if you don't like that aspect of the game you're not going to enjoy Bayonetta even is you try really hard.

...not to mention that the plot is all over the place, but that's part of the charm.
I absolutely loved the demo, so I'm pretty sure I'll dig the game.
I just finished the Vanquish demo. Just had to get used to how things work. It's far too easy to overheat, though. I suppose that's part of the challenge.

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »

I know what you mean about overheating  -_-    I always get caught up in the moment looking "cool", dashing over to those giant bi-pedal robots (robocop anyone?) and performing a Casshern kick only to come off my "cool" high surrounded by robots and get zerg rushed.

Going down in difficulty for Bayonetta is normal, easy, automatic easy (which is the mode where you can beat the game pushing one button).

For me, I love my games hard. Not stupid difficult where all the devs do is alter damage taken/given but where the enemies fight you with different patterns. I love games where your limits are your own reflexes. And thats why i play everything on super hard. Its however you enjoy playing!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: