Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319703 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?  (Read 9651 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:06 PM »

Do you play Bayonetta, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc on their hardest difficulties?

Lol

I have yet to play Bayonetta, but I hear it has a zillion difficulty levels. I'll probably not pick the super easy one. Whichever mode is the next below normal is what I will play in.

The big problem with Bayonetta in my opinion is not the difficulty. Is that it can be way too over the top for some people, the game enjoys how fucking ridiculous it is and if you don't like that aspect of the game you're not going to enjoy Bayonetta even is you try really hard.

...not to mention that the plot is all over the place, but that's part of the charm.

That was the best part of Bayonetta! Besides the amazing combat, that is. I literally cheered at some of the parts, especially near the end. Just nuts. Anyone who loves over the top stories needs to experience the game.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »

Do you play Bayonetta, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc on their hardest difficulties?

Bayonetta - yup, beat non stop infinite climax mode without using that cheat accessory, (I did use the counter one though, moon of somethimg)

DMC - beat Dante Must Die mode up to three and on four I made it halfway before getting burned out (i put like 50 hours into the game which is nuts) I could make it like halfway through bloody palace on 4, I think thats what i was training to beat

Ninja gaiden Sigma - made it half-way through the game before I sold it due to a god awful story and cinema direction. Loved the difficulty but I couldnt stomach the characters.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »

More details about Vanquish:

The Vanquish Soundtrack
Limited Edition w/ Sam Gideon figurine
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »

The demo for Vanquish IS indeed solid.  It looks like a definite purchase for me.  And personally, I found the default difficulty suited me quite well. A fair challenge without being brutal.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2010, 05:24:36 AM »

I just remembered that this game's release date is pretty close to GT5. I won't be buying 2 full price games in 2 weeks so I guess this might have to wait.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:03 PM »

Vanquish Demo finished in 04:46 minutes.

Crazy japs are crazy. :o
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2010, 12:13:27 AM »

God damn. Twice as fast as I am.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »

Guys, don't forget that Vanquish is going to be awesome. Here's the new trailer: http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-holy-crap-vanquish-has-a-story--184059.phtml

We need to stop that from happening.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

I'd be willing to play this just to move around really quickly like pretty much all videos of this game demonstrate.
damn that looks like fun

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »

This is one of those games that you will want to master. I know I wont be happy untill I'm able to pull off all those crazy moves.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »

OK, after watching that trailer and realizing that for some reason the game is 5 euros cheaper today on one of my usual sites, I had to pre-order it.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »

*gasp* D-Dude... DUDE! D:

Sega Announces Second Vanquish Demo

Holy fucking crap shit! Moar Vanquish for free!?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »

I just gave the demo a third playthrough. Found the sniper rifle and did the QTE on the boss. I tried to use lots of melee this time. This game is awesome, I'm going to have a blast with this. Tomorrow the new demo will be available. Can't wait to play some more of this, I can't believe it's still a month away.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »

The second demo... is freaking hard! It's a challenge mode where you have to defeat round after round of enemies.

Died within 2 minutes on my first try. Then, on my second attempt, at the beginning of the 4th Round I died again. And at last, I was able to finish the demo on my 3rd try!

This demo made sure I used every weapon available, and there are a lot of weapons this time around.

The key to survive each wave of enemies is finding the easy way to kill those giant mechs rather than just shooting mindlessly and throwing away precious ammo.

Overall, it's a very short demo, and probably much harder than what the story mode will offer. So many attacks that kill you with one hit, and once you die it's back to the first round. You have allies, which are useful for one thing only: distracting enemies. They won't do shit other than that.

For example, one time there were 5 of them shooting one enemy I left to survive for a little while longer so I can restock before starting the next round. They kept on shooting and shooting while I grabbed some ammo and grenades, and when it was time to kill that small enemy I find out they hadn't done any damage to him whatsoever. Not a single scratch!

Hopefully they'll add co-op because it's a perfect mode for this game.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2010, 05:44:40 AM »

Nice impressions hell_snake! Can't wait to play the demo. :)

Also, there's a video of Mikami playing Vanquish in the Japanese site. Good stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: