Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329967 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Vanquish, Bayonetta meets Casshern?  (Read 10339 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2010, 06:06:51 AM »

Vanquish lends itself well to the whole Firefight/Horde mode game type. Can't wait for the full game to come out.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »

It's friggin' hard but there's a huge variety of weapons and some new enemies. It really forces you to master the game, it's good practice for the full game (still a month away, fuck!)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

Games like this and Bayonetta prove that the top Japanese developers are still the kings of 3rd person single-player action gameplay.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »

Games like this and Bayonetta prove that the top Japanese developers are still the kings of 3rd person single-player action gameplay.

I agree.  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:31:23 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqD8jsdCr6M

3:41. How many times did this guy play the demo?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:40:41 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »

First review is out (Play UK print only). Someone posted a part of it on gaf:

When it's in the zone, Vanquish is about as good as action gaming can get. Much more than the 'Gears Of War only faster' many were expecting, it draws upon the best ideas from a wide range of influences and blends them into an eye-bleedingly intense whole. The best game of the month.

After the surprise success of Bayonetta, Sega and PlatinumGames return with a shooter that is in contention for game of the year. Vanquish is a fast, frenetic and, above all else, fun shooter that manages to meld a wealth of established ideas together into something that feels fresh. I think it will certainly surprise a lot of people and is a perfect mix of both Eastern and Western gaming styles. 9.3/10

Famitsu was 9/9/9/8 but who cares about that right?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it will live up to expectations.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »

I played the demo and enjoyed it, but this game just isn't a priority for me. Perhaps if Lords of Shadow wasn't coming out...
Even if it's technically a better game, I just prefer the more fantastical world of Castlevania over the "yet another sci-fi shooter" thing of Vanquish. It'll have to wait until the price drop.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2010, 12:21:58 PM »

I played the demo and enjoyed it, but this game just isn't a priority for me. Perhaps if Lords of Shadow wasn't coming out...
Even if it's technically a better game, I just prefer the more fantastical world of Castlevania over the "yet another sci-fi shooter" thing of Vanquish. It'll have to wait until the price drop.

Man, I don't know what to do. I have vanquish and GT5 pre-ordered but I really want to get castlevania too, I don't want to buy 3 games in less than a month but I'll probably end up doing it, castlevania is looking so damn good...

Anyway, Shinji Mikami's profile on 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3181373

"A friend of mine who was really into games had heard that Capcom was having a party, and there would be free food there," he says. "And he had some tickets, so he gave them to me and said, 'Hey, you want to go?' I wasn't very interested, but I heard the bit about free food, so I decided to go and see what the company was all about." The bait worked, and he started with Capcom in 1989.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:23:36 PM by CDFN » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »

You can buy the game for an amazing 34 euros here: http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catvanps3/vanquish-ps3.htm

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2010, 04:55:34 PM »

"yet another sci-fi shooter"

Vanquish is more of an action game than a shooter. In fact, the last update in the blog at Platinum Games mention this.

The feel ofthe game.

Anyway, Shinji Mikami's profile on 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3181373

Good read.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »

Interview with Atsushi Inaba:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-14-platinumgames-atsushi-inaba-talks-vanquish?page=1

I'm really hyped for this, the game is just so damn fun.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2010, 03:19:48 AM »

gameinformer gave this a 7.75 essentially because it had "too much action" and too little story
i'm getting an impression that it'll end up as a game with bad press but good fan reception

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2010, 07:50:38 AM »

So, the is was too awesome for them? I mean, what is this thing with "reviewers" that a video game needs more story over gameplay nowadays... no wonder why people buy bad games everyday.

But anyway, here's the the japanese commercial for Vanquish. Pretty nice.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »

I have the game but I'm too busy playing Fallout NV at the moment.

I tried the first couple of levels though and from what I've seen the story is hilarious. I know that a game this focused on action doesn't need a strong story, but I couldn't stop laughing my ass off.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2010, 01:01:30 PM »

IGN gave it a 8.5.
Eurogamer gave it a 9, check out the review, they were blown away:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-18-vanquish-review

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: