Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334562 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  tales of vesperia makes me sleepy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: tales of vesperia makes me sleepy  (Read 5191 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 01:25:28 AM »

Do you mean pickup as in when do the other characters shut the fuck up and stop talking after cutscenes of them talking?  Never.  When does the actual storyline pickup?  Probably like halfway through.  Then in typical Tales' fashion the game keeps going after it should've ended a good 10 hours earlier.  To be fair though, ToV is better than 75% of the RPG's on 360.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »

I play it now and it is boring for me too. Especially combat (Last Hope has much more enjoyable combat) is boring and later dialogues start to be annoyingly long and boring. Yes and there is that hundred times scripted stuff (first talk to all party members scattered around the town then go sleep and progress) which is later boring too. But I think I will finish this game.
Problem is that I played too many similar but better JRPGS like Tales of something and Star Ocean, so this game become later the pain. But not that bad pain like "Final 3Dmark XIII".
But people who dont play JRPGS often or beginners may enjoy this game. It is not hard game and story is there.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »

I actually felt like ToV ended too soon...same with ToS.

One of the best games this gen, and I would buy it again on PS3 if they ever brought it over.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:19:46 PM »

Go play Abyss. I liked ToV, but it took me 40 hours over the course of a month to beat it while it took me 47 hours over the course of a week to beat Abyss.

ToV is good, but no real improvement on the battle system and Estelle made the game a solid B in my mind.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »

Why does everyone seem to hate Estelle?  She's a pretty stereotypical character, to be sure, but she's not that bad.  At least within the confines of her archetype I thought she was just fine.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 11:01:56 PM »

She was even more annoying than the typical character in her archetype, and half my hate comes because of her mentally deficient AI.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 01:07:42 AM »

Why does everyone seem to hate Estelle?  She's a pretty stereotypical character, to be sure, but she's not that bad.  At least within the confines of her archetype I thought she was just fine.

I love her.

Her Japanese voice I think gives the wrong idea - she sound over-sweet and high pitched (at least compared to her NA counterpart).  Her english voice kinda...makes her sound nerdy.  Rather, she sounds more book smart.  And more earnest and a 110% giver.  She was cute, sweet, smart, and naive.

Speaking of retarded AI... anyone notice the AI in SO4 would occasionally have a enemy/player NPC just kinda "wait it out" in the corner?  Doing nothing...?  NOW THATS retarded.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »

She was cute, sweet, smart, and naive.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »

She had the most retarded healing AI ever. I would even rate hers worse then FFXIII *shudders*
I died some times because the bitch was either not healing, standing around like a dumbass or trying to attack in boss fights.
She wasn't a bad  character storyline wise,a bit overly cheerful and naive though, I also liked her design. ^ just killed her for me

*ques Estelle running past Yuri into enemy backlines, then yelling PROTECT ME!*
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »

I was amazed that I didn't get sick of that much pink on someone....!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 07:30:31 PM »

This game has yet to grow on me.  I didn't get addicted to it like I did to Abyss.  Once I picked up Abyss I couldn't put it down.  With Vesperia, I keep picking it up and playing it in stages.  I can go a month without playing it and then I'll go back to it.  Granted, it's a lot better than some of the JRPGs I've played on this generation's consoles.  But there's still something missing from it - I can't quite put my finger on it.

i agree with you i think i'm gonna add you to the list of rpgfan reviewers i trust!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 03:42:30 PM »

The strongest point of Vesperia is Yuri. If Yuri wasn't in the game, its score would plummet to the ground. Still, you have to remember that to people with a 360 only, this is the best JRPG out there.

I agree that SO4 has a better combat system... but everything else in that games makes me sick.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »

Is SO4 really so bad? I enjoyed Till the End of Time, even the voice acting that people said was god awful was bearable for me.
I hear the same kind of complaints for SO4. But like I discovered a long time ago, the sites that review rpgs don't normally play or like that Genre unless it's a mainstream game. (RPGFAN not included luvu)

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »

Is SO4 really so bad?

I loved SO1, SO2 and SO3... and I did not like SO4 at all. There was a lot of debate about this on the Gamefaqs board. If I take everything said there, I can make a checklist for you:
- Childish characters (Lymle, also counts for horrible voice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0)
- Horrendous voice acting (Sarah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQfWI9tq_Y)
- Retarded story (One of the most stupid scene in the history of gaming - SPOILER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSw_rTh4h4)
- No optional character, so same team every time.
- Disc swapping (I thought this was a relic of the past by now...)

Keep in mind this is the 360 version, PS3 does not have the disc swapping and has dual audio. If you can tolerate the other elements in the list, you'll love the game.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:18:54 PM by Annubis » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »

in reguards to yuri i felt he was inferior(in battle) to luke,emil,and lyod. in fact the characters in general seem pretty boring.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: