Re: Completion List 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 05:44:49 AM »
1. Items Kingdom Shop
2. Fallout: New Vegas
3. Diablo 3
4.Goat Simulator
5. Dark Souls 3

6. Dark Souls
Still a really good game. The game isn't without it's flaws though. I was not a huge fan of how you basically fought the same boss three times with Stray Demon and the Bed of Chaos fight sucked. Even so, I still really enjoyed it.

7. Demon Souls
Really enjoyed it. It probably has my favourite home base of all the Souls games. Boss fights were fun but once you learned whatever gimmick the boss had, you will probably win the fight easily. They made the right choice moving away from healing grass. They really break the game.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:12 PM »
1. Rise of the Tomb Raider
2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2: Sisters Generation
3. Kingdom Hearts 2.8

4. Atelier Rorona

Got the Cordelia ending, which is fine. Would've never been able to get the pie ending anyway since my level was way too low to handle the upper levels of that final dungeon. Might have had an easier time had I discovered the Windrider recipe much sooner, but oh well. I liked the ending. The True Ending part made my eyes a bit damp.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

glassjawsh

• Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
    • my backloggery
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
Fable II - Very short. No final battle?? Maybe there was one and I didn't realize it? Still fun.

2. Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky.  I'm trying to tie up as many lose ends as I possibly can before the Switch drops.  This was fun but took freaking forever.  The end wasn't as satisfying as I wanted it to be either.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 02:08:45 AM »
Banner Saga 1-2
The Order 1886
Oxenfree
Firewatch

natros

• "We'll probably use algebra like mad today."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
I can finally put an entry on here:

1) Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Had a ton of fun playing through the story missions with my son. We've only unlocked about half of the game's content, but the credits have rolled on the main game, so on this list it goes.

I think I had more games finished by this time last year, but I was playing through them one at a time, instead of 3 or 4 at a time, as I am doing now. At least this way, it feels like less of a chore to play through them. Hoping to wrap up Graces f and Borderlands 2 before the end of March...

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »
1. Rise of the Tomb Raider
2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2: Sisters Generation
3. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
4. Atelier Rorona

5. Atelier Totori

True ending achieved! Truly a wonderful game. So much so that I might have to find a spot for it on my Top 10 games list whenever I have another reason to compile one. And while I've certainly grown fond of the Atelier series these last few months, there's just something extra special about Totori. I mean, I've already started Meruru and I can sort of tell I'm not going to enjoy it quite as much. It certainly doesn't help that the production value of Meruru seems lazy and depressing in comparison, with noticeable framerate stuttering and poor sound mixing even with the volume level sliders adjusted.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Second Chapter

Finally!  About 110 hours.  It really was close to twice the length of FC, despite Jawshy's sarcastic reaction to the idea.

This is as close to a perfect JRPG as I think we can get in the modern era.  Classic aesthetics, but still beautiful.  Incredible writing, both on a dialogue level and regarding the overall plot.  Does utilize a few anime clichés, but handles them well.  The characters are vibrant, interesting, and full of personality.  And the battle system and character building are straightforward, but just deep and varied enough to scratch that itch for customizing.  The ability to approach battles from various angles depending on your party and builds never stops being fun.  One of my most fun battles was when I used Silver Thorn with Olivier and confused all but one of 7 monsters coming at me in a midboss fight.  Most people consider moves like Silver Thorn and Zodiac to be a waste, but I was able to use them to great effect.  A testament to the level of balance in this game, it offers an awful lot of player freedom while still giving that freedom just enough of a boundary.

Final Score: 10/10
A fantastic JRPG with some of the best characters and plot in the history of the genre.

Up Next: Final Fantasy XV!
Current RPG - Final Fantasy XV