Author Topic: Humble Bundle

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 06:41:29 PM »
yogscast-jingle-jam is not better then some of the regular humble bundles currently, which at most cost half this price. It is made even worse by the fact that the recent Itch bundle absolutely destroys it, if steam keys is not your end all be in determining if you want to buy a bundle or not.
https://itch.io/b/149/a-good-bundle
The $30 really needs some quality before it justifies that $30 price tag, when I can just wait until the steam sale, and spend that $30 on wishlist games that I actually want.
I am usually supportive of Humble, but this bundle is really mediocre so far.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
new bundle is out. The big ones are Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Day of the Tentacle Remastered and VA-11 Hall-A. Might be worth the $10 just for Vall halla.

I did finish Day of the Tentacle because it was free for ps plus this month, that game was made way back in 1993 and it shows sometimes. There's a lot of those old school adventure game leaps of logic as to what to do, but I found a lot of that quite charming actually. The game Maniac Mansion is also in there as well if you care to play that. There's a lotta 90s humor too and the directors commentary track is interesting.

edit=new bundle's out. Big standout is Shadowrun Hong Kong for about 3 bucks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:46:54 PM by kofvscapcom »
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:35 AM »
FREEEEEEEDOOOOM!!!

But seriously, good games and good causes.

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
FREEEEEEEDOOOOM!!!

But seriously, good games and good causes.
Unlike that underwhelming/bad charity bundle back in Dec. Jump on this immediately...like yesterday....absurdly nice value for the money . 

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
If you are planning to get that Humble Freedom bundle you might want to jump on that soon. Games are starting to run out of keys, and some of those games will not have their stock refilled.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »
Damnit, what was I thinking hetting that bundle? 80% of it turned out to be some of the weirdest games I've ever seen on Steam. At least they all seemed to be well acclaimed, but I only got the bundle for 4 games anyways, and I redeamed...5 more on top them, I think. Anyways, for those of you who want something unique without costing you anything financially, here's a list of Steam keys that I have leftover:

• Day of the Tentacle
  • Overgrowth
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Invisible, Inc.
  • Octodad Dadliest Catch
  • World of Goo
  • Mushroom 11
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • VVVVVV
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • The Swapper
  • Thirty Flights of Loving
  • Spirits
  • Human Resource Machine
  • ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
  • 2064: Read Only Memories
  • A Virus Named Tom
  • 7 Grand Steps
  • Tower of Guns
  • Waking Mars
  • Song of the Deep
  • Sproggiwood
  • Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora Deluxe
  • Girls Like Robots
  • Streamline (Early Access)
  • Ninja Pizza Girl
  • Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

Actually, in retrospect, I already had about 9 or 10 of these that I'm listing. I guess it more of a 60/40 ratio of weird vs. not weird. Anyways, if you want any of 'em, let me know so I can PM you the gift link.

A little annoyed that I couldn't give anything to the devs, but with so many different ones onboard, I doubt it would've mattered. They're already getting plenty of advertisement from this as it is. I certainly haven't heard of more than half of these games before, at least.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:58:23 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Chronix112

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »
When it rains it pours. A bunch more games were just added to FREEDOM!!!! This is turning out to be the best bundle ever.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »
When it rains it pours. A bunch more games were just added to FREEDOM!!!! This is turning out to be the best bundle ever.

Goddamnit, I just got done making that list less than 30 minutes ago. >:(

EDIT: Here's an updated list:

• Day of the Tentacle
  • Overgrowth
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Invisible, Inc.
  • Octodad Dadliest Catch
  • World of Goo
  • Mushroom 11
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • VVVVVV
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • The Swapper
  • Thirty Flights of Loving
  • Spirits
  • Human Resource Machine
  • ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
  • 2064: Read Only Memories
  • A Virus Named Tom
  • 7 Grand Steps
  • Tower of Guns
  • Waking Mars
  • Song of the Deep
  • Sproggiwood
  • Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora Deluxe
  • Girls Like Robots
  • Streamline (Early Access)
  • Ninja Pizza Girl
  • Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
  • Rituals
  • Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble
  • TIMEframe
  • JumpJet Rex
  • Potatoman Seeks the Troof
  • Ballistick
  • GRAV (Early Access)
  • Team Indie
  • Luna's Wandering Stars
  • shutshimi
  • Beat Hazard Ultra
  • Dusty Revenge: Co Op Edition
  • Super Galaxy Squadron EX
  • Monster Loves You
  • Hands of Fate

Again, if anybody wants 'em, let me know.

EDIT: Dang, I crossed two out, and then had to put two more back on. I think they had to add games to make up for the lack of keys for certain games...

Also, Monster Loves You got more keys, so maybe there's hope for Super Meat Boy getting more keys. I already have it, though.

Got the list updated, just FYI.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:55:43 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
man they're adding more stuff. Well, a lot of those were free for ps plus so I have played quite a few of them. Here's my personal recommended plays in no particular order

1. Day of the Tentacle Remastered= it's a classic adventure game, doesn't hold up as well today but it does have that nostalgic charm and 90s humor. The directors commentary track is included and it's cool to hear stories of what went into the development of the game. And it suffers from adventure game logic where sometimes the proper thing to do is a bit of a logical stretch

2. Nuclear Throne= a previous game of the team that made Enter the Gungeon(also a really good game). It's more fundamental and less RNG than it's successor since there's way less powerups and the moment to moment gameplay is very tight. The characters are also way different unlike Enter the Gungeon where they mainly just start out with different items(except for the two hidden characters)

3. Invisible Inc= imagine a roguelike srpg. plot is you're breaking into and stealing from corporations and the longer you stay in each area the more security is dispatched. So there's that constant balance of "do I stay and try to get some more loot or hightail it outta here?." Specializing your agents with gear and cybernetics is really fun too. Going in guns blazing is a big no no, you're far outmatched in terms of manpower and the focus is staying undetected or just knocking guards out since they're wearing trackers for their heartbeats.

4. Super Meat Boy= let's be honest, you've probably played this game already. A platformer that just gets the run and jump physics right. It's kinda refreshing to see something so basic, no upgrade system, no items, just master the mechanics of the game.

5.World of Goo= man I played this like a decade ago or something. Fun little physics/architecture game and very charming. Just feels satisfying building bridges with your little goo guys. Introduces pikmin style differences between the goos with them each having their own properties.

6. Guacamelee= It's metroidvania meets beat em up. The combo system is cool, fun to play with but not dmc level complicated. Humor's also a highlight but a lot of it is video game reference stuff.

7.Chroma Squad= was in a previous bundle too. Power rangers srpg that really brings in the flavor of sentai shows. Would've liked it to have some more mechanics or be a bit deeper but it's just not the kinda game they were aiming for I guess. It's light, it's fun, it's got a good soundtrack.

8. Hand of Fate= A roguelike that uses the batman arkham combat system. Played a bunch of it on ps4, the real big innovation imo is the system of playing 3 card monte to determine what happens at event crossroads instead of being pure rng(except with 5 cards I think), if you're good enough at following the card you could potentially up your odds of success. The build your own encounter deck's also an interesting mechanic. I really hope they make a sequel to this.

Stardew Valley and the Witness I've heard good things about but haven't played
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.