Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 04:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329917 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 10005 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Today at 03:20:14 AM »

The US is een scary place... :(

Half of the American news I see seems to be about policemen making terrible mistakes (the other half is about the economy). I get that the officers are afraid as well since there's always a very real possibility the subject pulls out a gun, but a policeforce that sees everyone who isn't in uniform as the enemy may be more dangerous than actual criminals.

Its not so bad as long as you're white and don't have a beard, don't approach a public school, don't have anything darker than a vanilla complexion, don't wear articles of clothing that look remotely foreign, don't wear concealing garments like hoodies or jackets, don't protest anything, don't stand in the vicinity of a protest, don't talk to the police, and you can speak English if you still end up talking to a police officer.

Then its just a matter of not being in the same vicinity of a person shooting up the place/looking like he's going to shoot up the place, or a bomb planted nearby a nationally recognized event, or a gang war shoot out/hit, or anybody open carrying a gun, or Florida.
Even that won't protect you much. I'm buying a shotgun.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Today at 03:28:22 AM »

I thought it was bad when they stopped my dad for looking suspicious because he happened to have a darker complexion, a beard and sunglasses somewhere during the summer of 2002. Sure, he was back on his way within five minutes, but that kind of racial profiling doesn't make you feel safer. Can't imagine what it's liked to be stopped by cops who are carrying a firearm and may even be looking for a reason to use it.

And then I see cops on the news who have more military toys than our military has, but have had none of the training that's supposed to go with it. Like, don't go pointing guns at people unless you're ready to pull the trigger! It will only escalate the situation if you use it to threaten random protesters! Even I know that.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Today at 05:55:43 AM »

It's an arms war.  I'm not saying that the police always behave appropriately (I mean, they clearly don't), but at the same time they're not exactly wrong to be paranoid.  Police officers are killed in the line of duty all the time.  When everyone has guns it simply doesn't take much to kill somebody and the only 'protection' is to shoot first.  Which inevitably means that sometimes you're shooting people who haven't actually done anything...then the NRA types claim the solution is even more guns.

Of course that doesn't excuse the racial profiling issue.  The fact is you're much more likely to be shot if you're black.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Today at 06:55:44 AM »

So just occurred to me, this topic has not covered the biggest news story in gaming this week. Lizard Squad. Basically a bunch of man children (or idiotic teens) who have been doing DDOS attacks on various web services recently including League of Legends, Blizzard, Twitch, PSN, and I believe Xbox Live. Oh, and they tweeted a bomb threat to a plane with a Sony Executive on it. So yeah, they are going to jail the moment the FBI tracks them down.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Today at 08:41:33 AM »

Yup, just a bunch of babies who think they're H4x0r5 because they learned how to DDOS but haven't learned the difference between playing "vengeful vigilante" and committing a felony.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Today at 02:51:25 PM »

New 3DS XL and 3DS from Nintendo ...almost has a second analog. Instead it has a weird nipple thing
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: