Author Topic: Today In The News

Ranadiel and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Today In The News
« Reply #1785 on: Yesterday at 09:38:07 PM »
I'm honestly terrified about the direction the country is heading in.  And the Democrats are being complete idiots about it.  Boycotting the inauguration?  That just sounds like a petulant child crying, "Waaaah waaah waaah, I'm pissed off, I'm gonna go to my room and slam the door!"  If the Dems really want to make a statement, they should go to the inauguration, show some gumption, and fight!  Be a thorn in the side of the Trump administration to obstruct their policies that basically massage them while gut-punching us, the common people. 

You know, I was with you up until this point Dincrest.  But I'm genuinely confused about what you think going to the inauguration accomplishes.  You say this as if boycotting it is somehow incompatible with showing some gumption and fighting.  Which is obviously silly.  Why can't they do both?

There actually are a number of Democrats being quite critical of Trump's appointments during the confirmation hearings.  Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Al Franken, heck even Chuck Schumer.  They're asking good questions that deserve good answers (though often they're not getting them).  But there isn't much they actually can do when the Republicans have the votes to rubber stamp all appointments and don't seem interested in listening to criticism.

Basically, anyone who doesn't like the current situation and didn't vote: Please kick yourself now.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: Yesterday at 11:26:18 PM »
i think if i was a senator i wouldnt want to go either, but mostly to avoid having to listen to three doors down

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: Today at 12:46:47 AM »
I'm not one for conspiracies, but Jesus H. Christ it's like the Trump team is somehow finding the absolute worst choice for every single cabinet position. It's like watching Lex Luthor assemble the Legion of Doom.
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: Today at 12:47:54 AM »
Meanwhile I just feel completely alienated by America, realize I always have, and the only thing keeping here is not knowing where to run to and my own damn laziness/complacency.

three doors down

Ah, I see they're taking the Noriega approach!
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

glassjawsh

• Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
    • my backloggery
« Reply #1789 on: Today at 01:03:35 AM »
I'm not one for conspiracies, but Jesus H. Christ it's like the Trump team is somehow finding the absolute worst choice for every single cabinet position. It's like watching Lex Luthor assemble the Legion of Doom.

And the GOP will keep voting them out of spite for the left.

To the detriment of everyone.

Dincrest

• Analogy spouting
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Lanterne Rouge
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #1790 on: Today at 06:01:49 AM »
@Kevadu Part of it is me lashing out due to personal frustration with the political climate, and another part of it is that this boycott and that sit-in last year just read to me as childish and immature and not at all lending credibility to a party that sorely needs it.  I 100% agree with the sentiments, but the actions read as childish rather than dignified or even professional.  Instead of crying in their rooms, maybe stand with the protest marchers.  THAT would make a strong statement of being "with/for the people." 

Politics has turned into a bad reality show and I feel like my choice in leadership is either evil smug elitists or incompetent smug elitists. 
Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60