Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2016, 09:58:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
244430 Posts in 7313 Topics by 2386 Members
Latest Member: Richard111
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Favorite game companies?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Favorite game companies?  (Read 712 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »

Last mainline Dynasty Warriors came out in November, the next one's due in August. In that time period, so far we've had Arslan and Hyrule Warriors Legends, while Attack on Titan, Berserk and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 are likely before the year is out. They now how to turn those out.

That said, I'm all for these games when they have larger than life characters. One Piece Pirate Warriors was surprisingly fun, almost by virtue of its wacky art alone.
O.o What? Last main game I can find for Dynasty Warriors is 8 which came out in 2013. Last expansion version of 8 was Empires which came out Feb. 2015 in the U.S. I must be missing something here.
Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

Crocodile, Side-Eye Style

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »

My mistake--it was the Vita version of 8 Empires that dropped in November, not the console version.

Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 04:44:44 PM »

Yeah Tecmo has been at the forefront of a lot of stuff recently... they secretly make like a 1/3 of Nintendo branded games, plus of course DoA series and all the hubbub over that and everything.

Towns Car Marty
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 05:16:07 AM »

Aside from Hyrule Warriors and Project Zero 5, what secret 1/3 would this be?

Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Today at 01:13:43 AM »

Aside from Hyrule Warriors and Project Zero 5, what secret 1/3 would this be?

Well I guess they're not Nintendo branded per se, but like Nintendo associated perhaps, and I'd count Valhalla as basically Tecmo/Team Ninja/Valhalla as sort of the same thing to be honest, since it's mostly the same style, which adds in...

Devil's Third, Other M, HW legends, DOA: Dimensions, all Nintendo-exclusive, plus of course HW for Wii U and Project Zero 5 that you just mentioned... considering how few Nintendo-exclusive pure first party projects there are that's kind of big relative to the larger size.

I know Other M is sort of old but I just mean in general they've been dedicated to them for awhile it seems, the earlier Fatal Frames on the Wii for ex.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:18:13 AM by Artimicia » Logged
Towns Car Marty
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:30:55 AM »

Valhalla definitely isn't Koei-Tecmo, and would probably would hate to be lumped in with them. Itagaki left them on very bad terms in 2008.

You have definitely highlighted the Wii-U's lack of third party support, but I don't know if I'd agree with your statement. Koei Tecmo have way more releases at the moment that *aren't* on Nintendo consoles. Ie, all of the other forthcoming Musou games, Toukiden, Ni-Oh, etc.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: