Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327927 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 7242 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:36 AM »

Gust being absorbed into Koei Tecmo

Of course Koei Tecmo has owned Gust since 2011, but they nevertheless operated as a largely independent subsidiary.  It sounds like after this Gust as we know it will cease to exist and Gust's staff will be merged into the rest of Koei Tecmo.  There will still be a Gust brand, but it remains to be seen exactly what they're going to do with it.
Well article says that the Gust developmental department will be kept alive, so I take that as there is now going to be a Gust team in Koei Tecmo. So this news doesn't sound too horrible for the immediate future.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/30/breath-fire-6-launches-spring-2015-ios-android-browsers/

A reminder that this is still in the process of becoming an actual thing.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »

^You know, the last two years of seeing people getting salty over iOS games I figured out that being mad at them is as pointless as being mad at MMOs in the long run.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »

I'm less mad about it being an iOS game and more mad that it's an online, possibly social-based RPG, which tend to be really lame almost by their very definition. If they were actually putting effort into it as a singleplayer RPG, I'd probably be okay with it. RPGs tend to play decently with touch interfaces, since they usually don't require intense precision anyways.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm wrong. I see the Wikia page was recently updated and now it sounds...different from what I expected, though I'll still need a few more details. I guess I'll withhold judgment until I at least see some gameplay (and not just battles. What I'm worried about is how you travel)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:41:53 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: