Author Topic: Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!
« Reply #4035 on: December 29, 2015, 07:28:25 AM »
6am at Comiket:

That... looks kinda nice and fun. Must be a smelly hell on earth during the summer, but this doesn't look so bad.

And those people look a lot more sane than the ones who line up for Tsunacon in the Netherlands. Imagine this: it's January, freezing and still dark out, it will be atleast another hour before the convention opens and some dude dressed as Luffy is not wearing a shirt.

At least an hour, eh?

I did mention I took that picture at 6am, right?  Comiket doesn't open until 10.

I did notice there's this weird duality towards lines in Japan.  When just waiting they're the most polite people in the world.  People would actually leave their spots to go to the bathroom or buy something to drink, come back, and nobody would even have tried to take their spot.  I can't even imagine that happening in the US.

But when the line starts moving all bets are off.  I've also never been in a line with as much pushing and shoving as this (and I've been in a lot of lines...).  Some people try to just barrel through the whole crowd or something.  And these were the same people waiting so patiently a minute earlier.  It's kind of strange.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: December 29, 2015, 08:24:53 AM »
6am at Comiket:

That... looks kinda nice and fun. Must be a smelly hell on earth during the summer, but this doesn't look so bad.

And those people look a lot more sane than the ones who line up for Tsunacon in the Netherlands. Imagine this: it's January, freezing and still dark out, it will be atleast another hour before the convention opens and some dude dressed as Luffy is not wearing a shirt.

At least an hour, eh?

I did mention I took that picture at 6am, right?  Comiket doesn't open until 10.

Yes, but those people are wearing weather appropriate clothes and seem to possess atleast some common sense. They're not standing around half-naked, risking hypothermia just for the hell of it

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: December 29, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »
6am at Comiket:

At least an hour, eh?

Yes, but those people are wearing weather appropriate clothes and seem to possess atleast some common sense. They're not standing around half-naked, risking hypothermia just for the hell of it

I don't know how much of that is personal choice vs how much is just rules.  You're not actually allowed to show up to Comiket in cosplay, believe it or not.  They have changing rooms and you're expected to show up in plain clothes and use them.  I don't know what specifically prompted this rule (I could hazard a guess but that's all it would be), but that's the way it is.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #4038 on: December 30, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: December 30, 2015, 02:08:08 AM »

I don't know how much of that is personal choice vs how much is just rules.  You're not actually allowed to show up to Comiket in cosplay, believe it or not.  They have changing rooms and you're expected to show up in plain clothes and use them.  I don't know what specifically prompted this rule (I could hazard a guess but that's all it would be), but that's the way it is.

I'm aware of the rule (I think it's there because cosplaying in public is frowned upon and the organisation wants to avoid problems by providing changing rooms), but rules rarely keep all the idiots in check.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: December 30, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »

"Isaac got a Hard Nut"

What is this from and did you take this screenshot?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »

"Isaac got a Hard Nut"

What is this from and did you take this screenshot?

Looks like a Golden Sun game. (?)

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: December 30, 2015, 11:57:09 AM »
^ Shows how many of you actually read my journal =P   (J/K. I know it's boring and TL;DR)

"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: December 30, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »
Maybe if he were a playable Smash Bros fighter (at this point, why not; they went with Dork Vamp Corrin over Not Dork Girl Corrin).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #4044 on: December 30, 2015, 12:50:12 PM »
^ Shows how many of you actually read my journal =P   (J/K. I know it's boring and TL;DR)

Childish.... and absolutely hilarious. x)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: December 30, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »

I tried playing Golden Sun a long time ago and dropped it because it was too boring.
Nothing personal ;)

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: December 30, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »

I tried playing Golden Sun a long time ago and dropped it because it was too boring.
Nothing personal ;)

How boring would you consider Golden Sun to be? Would you consider it to be as boring as the ancient scripts of an elderly monk being recited two thousand, two hundred, and twenty two times? "Yes. No." Or would you consider it to be as boring as watching the many raindroplets fall steadily down from up on high at a torrential rate for many many days? "Yes. No." Would you consider it to be as boring as an afternoon spent waiting patiently in the patients waiting room at a doctor's office prior to seeing the doctor about your scheduled visit to the doctor? "Yes. No." Or would you consider it to be as boring as playing one of those lesser RPGs like The Final Fantasy Eight or The Dragon Quest Seven? "Yes. No." Ah well it is a very good thing indeed that you should happen to have available to you this wonderful game called Golden Sun for those times for when you should find yourself in such an uncomfortably boring or tedious or dreary situation or any other possible circumstance in which you are finding yourself with less interesting things to do like say playing role playing games that are not Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age or Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

*cue a response from all of your party members, including that one girl who's spent most of the game kidnapped or otherwise incapacitated from the active party as well as that old guy who never shuts up or does anything remotely useful or interesting, who then begins his own tirade about his experiences with whatever they were talking about with the occasional cosmetic choice prompt thrown in for good measure, whilst everyone is constantly bobbing and bouncing their heads about and the text shows up on the screen at about twenty words every two to three minutes here*

Did you get all of that? "No. Yes."

How boring would you consider Golden Sun to be....

*thirty minutes of the above again later*

Now then about those suspicious characters that you came here to ask about and are currently seeking....

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: December 30, 2015, 08:32:15 PM »
500 something wallpapers if you need a new one: http://imgur.com/gallery/XXeq7

How boring would you consider Golden Sun to be? Would you consider it to be as boring as the ancient scripts of an elderly monk being recited two thousand, two hundred, and twenty two times? "Yes. No." Or would you consider it to be as boring as watching the many raindroplets fall steadily down from up on high at a torrential rate for many many days? "Yes. No." Would you consider it to be as boring as an afternoon spent waiting patiently in the patients waiting room at a doctor's office prior to seeing the doctor about your scheduled visit to the doctor? "Yes. No." Or would you consider it to be as boring as playing one of those lesser RPGs like The Final Fantasy Eight or The Dragon Quest Seven? "Yes. No." Ah well it is a very good thing indeed that you should happen to have available to you this wonderful game called Golden Sun for those times for when you should find yourself in such an uncomfortably boring or tedious or dreary situation or any other possible circumstance in which you are finding yourself with less interesting things to do like say playing role playing games that are not Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age or Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

*cue a response from all of your party members, including that one girl who's spent most of the game kidnapped or otherwise incapacitated from the active party as well as that old guy who never shuts up or does anything remotely useful or interesting, who then begins his own tirade about his experiences with whatever they were talking about with the occasional cosmetic choice prompt thrown in for good measure, whilst everyone is constantly bobbing and bouncing their heads about and the text shows up on the screen at about twenty words every two to three minutes here*

Now then about those suspicious characters that you came here to ask about and are currently seeking....

Games that make NO the default choice in long text dump really should be burned.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: December 30, 2015, 11:54:07 PM »
Loooook, a snuff film!

Now take your mind off of it with some decorative livestock!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:58:07 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: December 31, 2015, 05:13:01 AM »
500 something wallpapers if you need a new one: http://imgur.com/gallery/XXeq7

Games that make NO the default choice in long text dump really should be burned.

Games that give you nothing but superficial choices that have zero effect on any outcome shouldn't be allowed to have any Aesop-like moral to the story, because its not like you had a goddamn choice to begin with. Also...

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=082712

...the alternative to my post (assuming the image loads for you, as it doesn't for me).