Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331576 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 240 Print
Author Topic: Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!  (Read 228117 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: March 16, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »

I hate to say this but I somehow like the older layout for that castle. It looked more castle-like rather than the more boxy fort like structure they replaced it with. Maybe its the windows or the lack of a staging area.

Oh well, they'll get another chance at it next year when the teenagers come back to burn it down again.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: March 16, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »

I hate to say this but I somehow like the older layout for that castle. It looked more castle-like rather than the more boxy fort like structure they replaced it with. Maybe its the windows or the lack of a staging area.

Oh well, they'll get another chance at it next year when the teenagers come back to burn it down again.

I think the point here is:
(a) Some assholes would actually burn down a park, for whatever goddamned reason.  I honestly think destroying public property, especially a "free play place" set up for anyone, is disgusting.
(b) Beggars can't be choosers.  I think it's wonderful people would come together to rebuild it.  I've been at the old one myself, I loved the hell out of it when I was younger (Toronto is one town over for me).  The important thing is if the new one has a lot of passages. :D

About two towns west of Toronto was this "secret park".  It was THREE (kid-sized) stories tall, tall slide at the top, two wooden houses (girls loved it) and it had a FREAKING ZIPLINE.  It's gone now, but I'd be damned if it wasn't one of the coolest parks on the planet.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: March 16, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »

I really shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at this because it's probably true.

(a) Some assholes would actually burn down a park, for whatever goddamned reason.  I honestly think destroying public property, especially a "free play place" set up for anyone, is disgusting.

We don't always see eye to eye (even though you're generally awesome), but I damn sure agree with you about this.  One thing that drove me nuts about the public library in San Antonio--or rather, about their 'customers'--is that I would try to check out DVDs from there and Every. Single. Fucking. One. was scratched to hell and completely unplayable.  Even releases that had only been out for a month or so.  After this happened with eight DVDs in a row, including an obscure one of interviews with mythologist Joseph Campbell, I just gave up and didn't bother renting DVDs from there for years. 

Oddly enough, I never had this problem with DVDs from the movie store around the corner from the library.  Ever.  I suspect that it's because they keep your credit card on file and charge you for it if you tear up a DVD, which makes people inclined to behave a bit more responsibly.  Mind you, scratching up a DVD is not as bad (obviously!) as burning down a children's park but seeing that kind of abuse of communal property still pissed me off, and not just because it inconvenienced me.

About two towns west of Toronto was this "secret park".  It was THREE (kid-sized) stories tall, tall slide at the top, two wooden houses (girls loved it) and it had a FREAKING ZIPLINE.  It's gone now, but I'd be damned if it wasn't one of the coolest parks on the planet.

That sounds fucking EPIC.

There was a very beautiful park on the island of Kauai (in Hawaii) that was hand-built by the community and a couple of local artists even contributed by doing some painting on it, ocean scenes, that kind of thing.  Wonderful work.  Unfortunately, it was hit by a bolt of lightning and burned down.  I suppose that's somewhat better than the park being by hit a group of assholes that should be hit by lightning themselves, though.

I just started watching Doctor Who a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I've been making my way through the series.  I'm now on the Christmas episode of season three.  It's been awesome.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:30:08 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »

I was surprised that punk kids turned out to be the villains rather than the government tearing it down for being too fun. But maybe canada's not as bad with that kind of thing.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »

I was surprised that punk kids turned out to be the villains rather than the government tearing it down for being too fun. But maybe canada's not as bad with that kind of thing.

This post reminds me of a discussion I saw about an incident in Australia; a construction worker fell off of some scaffolding and died and the government immediately set up an investigation into the cause of death, so on and so forth.  Being used to the Aussie government's nanny tendencies several people commenting on the article declared that scaffolding was going to be banned.  Someone insisted that they were just doing a study for that individual case and weren't going to ban anything.  Another individual countered that, insisting that the conclusion of the study was going to be that you have to have a triple digit IQ to safely use scaffolding and that it is therefore safer to ban it than to try to screen all potential construction workers with an IQ test. :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:37:04 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: March 16, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »

This post reminds me of a discussion I saw about an incident in Australia; a construction worker fell off of some scaffolding and died and the government immediately set up an investigation into the cause of death, so on and so forth.  Being used to the Aussie government's nanny tendencies several people commenting on the article declared that scaffolding was going to be banned.  Someone insisted that they were just doing a study for that individual case and weren't going to ban anything.  Another individual countered that, insisting that the conclusion of the study was going to be that you have to have a triple digit IQ to safely use scaffolding and that it is therefore safer to ban it than to try to screen all potential construction workers with an IQ test. :D

I take it that the IQ guy was just trying to talk his way out of working construction since if he got his way he wouldn't be qualified to work there anymore.

But yeah, leave it to teenagers to wreck shit. Its one of the reasons why we send them off to wars. Have them wreck some other guy's shit instead. :byogawd:

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: March 17, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2013/03/the-real-life-faces-behind-popular.html
Another photo of the people from popular memes.  At least it also contains a meme, so it's cool and kinda funny. :D

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2013/03/night-panoramics.html
URL says it all; and these shots are always ceaselessly pretty.

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2013/03/extreme-photo-75-pics.html
I need to live this life.... D:
...Actually no, I'd be too much of a pussy to try. Dx

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2013/03/funny-puns35-pics_15.html#more
Punny, and awesome.

Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: March 17, 2013, 03:09:27 PM »

I hadn't seen the Che changed my life pic before.  That one's great.  And the pun stuff was awesome.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: March 17, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »

Miss The Bus was my favourite.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: March 17, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: March 17, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

Saw this ad on TV and I was blown away!

Everything's Eventual
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »

Was it because the man and woman in American Gothic are father and daughter?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »

Not my idea, but I think this could be pretty awesome.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: March 19, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »

It's weird saying how I prefer Kingdom Hearts though...

Anyways, enjoy!

Kavinsano has become an overnight legend on Deviart Art.  I feel bad that this was supposed to be a private letter.... but his fault for sharing it on the internet.

Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2009 on: March 19, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »

I can't believe no one cared about the Ninja Turtles electing a new pope. :(

On the other hand, that letter is awesome.

In the 'stuff you shouldn't hare on the internet' category...

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 240 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: