Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319774 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 226 Print
Author Topic: Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!  (Read 195017 times)
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2565 on: July 17, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »

^ I loved Frollo as a villain

Me too - his "Hellfire" song is outstanding.  It doesn't make you actually sympathetic to him, but it really highlights what's actually behind his antagonism.  He's hot for Esmeralda and simply cannot control it, and he hates himself for it, but he hates her even more because she makes him feel that way.

"Hellfire" is one of my personal favorites from Disney movies. While I think Frollo is one  of the darn best villains ever, I think it's his voice actor that gives me chills when he sings and spews judgement on everything. Had it been someone else, my opinion would greatly differ.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2566 on: July 17, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »

Me too - his "Hellfire" song is outstanding.  It doesn't make you actually sympathetic to him, but it really highlights what's actually behind his antagonism.  He's hot for Esmeralda and simply cannot control it, and he hates himself for it, but he hates her even more because she makes him feel that way.

"Hellfire" is one of my personal favorites from Disney movies. While I think Frollo is one  of the darn best villains ever, I think it's his voice actor that gives me chills when he sings and spews judgement on everything. Had it been someone else, my opinion would greatly differ.

I actually love Disney villains on a whole usually for their charisma and doing their damned worst to make life a living hell for each hero/ine.

Lady Tremaine had the step daughters ruin Cinderella's dress and locked her in her room to sabotage her chances on going to the ball and meeting Prince Charming (and basically damning her to a life of servitude; the third film actually had a kinda cool plot with that respect)

Malificent turning into a dragon and encasing the kingdom in thorns is badass.

Hades definitely represents excellent villainous charisma for death and destruction (and his deadpan, nonchalance is played extremely well).

Ursula has sass up the wah-zoo.  Nothing like her saying she's "wasting away", but also grants Ariel's wish in the most tribulating way and doubles to rile up King Triton

I'm also a big fan of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.  I loved that he still tried to take out the Beast after not finishing him off; and while not my favorite as far as "acts of villainy" he performs like a champion as a true Lothario.  That voice actor nailed it.

I even liked Mother Gothel from Tangled insofar that Rapunzel is completely under her thumb, oblivious to the truth.

Frollo, of course, is a great for the above; I can't help but read into his issues within the context of The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Catholicism in general.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2567 on: July 17, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »

Let's not forget Lady Tremaine had a cat named Lucifer.

I hate Gaston though.

Frollo's probably the most sexual Disney character, which is...weird.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2568 on: July 17, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »

A warning to anyone who hasn't watch all Disney movies and is weakened by Spoilers: BEWARE~!
Just want to throw that out there now before going any further.

I actually love Disney villains on a whole usually for their charisma and doing their damned worst to make life a living hell for each hero/ine.

Lady Tremaine had the step daughters ruin Cinderella's dress and locked her in her room to sabotage her chances on going to the ball and meeting Prince Charming (and basically damning her to a life of servitude; the third film actually had a kinda cool plot with that respect)

Hades definitely represents excellent villainous charisma for death and destruction (and his deadpan, nonchalance is played extremely well).

Ursula has sass up the wah-zoo.  Nothing like her saying she's "wasting away", but also grants Ariel's wish in the most tribulating way and doubles to rile up King Triton

I'm also a big fan of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.  I loved that he still tried to take out the Beast after not finishing him off; and while not my favorite as far as "acts of villainy" he performs like a champion as a true Lothario.  That voice actor nailed it.

I even liked Mother Gothel from Tangled insofar that Rapunzel is completely under her thumb, oblivious to the truth.

Frollo, of course, is a great for the above; I can't help but read into his issues within the context of The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Catholicism in general.

It's uncanny how destructive each villain was with their desires. One of my other favorite Disney villains is Clayton from Tarzan (again, great voice actor). Clayton's dive into madness while cutting the vines to free himself to attack Tarzan was his undoing, leading to one of the more violent deaths--in my opinion--in Disney movies that left a heavy impression on me. Frollo's death, on the hand, was one of the most ironic and coolest (It's right after Clayton's death in that vid).

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2569 on: July 17, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »

I nearly forgot about Clayton...  The thunder-lighting really does it.  As if a tensed vine wasn't enough to get it across

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2570 on: July 18, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »

A warning to anyone who hasn't watch all Disney movies and is weakened by Spoilers: BEWARE~!
Just want to throw that out there now before going any further.

It's uncanny how destructive each villain was with their desires. One of my other favorite Disney villains is Clayton from Tarzan (again, great voice actor). Clayton's dive into madness while cutting the vines to free himself to attack Tarzan was his undoing, leading to one of the more violent deaths--in my opinion--in Disney movies that left a heavy impression on me. Frollo's death, on the hand, was one of the most ironic and coolest (It's right after Clayton's death in that vid).

Chipping in on this, you also have Jaffar, who's obsession with power becomes his own downfall when be goes so far as to make himself into a Genie and becomes a prisoner of his own power. And later you have the second Aladdin movie where Jaffar's single-minded obsession with getting revenge on Aladdin causes his plan to unravel at the end due to not paying attention to Aladdin's chums and Iago turning on him.

Also there's the Lion King where Scar's treachery leads him to try to pin the blame on his own hyena hoard when he's confronted by Simba which results on them turning on him after his defeat.

As for the bad guy of Mulan, well, he, I guess, didn't consider that a woman could beat him, or something...? I don't know, I don't think there was any real focus on the Mongolian hoard outside of the fact that they're invading China and they're ruthless killers (because, you know how invasions go, raping and pillaging the land and all that).

Not like every Disney classic had a villain that went overboard on their ambitions to cause their downfall. Hell, look at Lady and the Tramp. Who even was the bad guy in that picture? The Aunt? The Cats? The Rat? The Dog Catcher? Or what about Dumbo? What it the Elephant Troupe? Racism? Dumbo's Ears/Deformities?

Still, McClintock from The Rescuers Down Under would probably be my favorite Disney villain just for the bad singing, being a smug bastard for most of the time, and for being a random poacher with a third grade level education. He's not some evil counterpart to somebody or a wizard or something but just a random douchebag who presses the :moreevil: more times than he should (as well as being the villain in one of the first movies in the theater I remember seeing through all the way).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2571 on: July 19, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »

Was looking for galaxy tossing and

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2572 on: July 19, 2013, 03:16:41 PM »

Alarming photo (to Canadians)

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2573 on: July 19, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »

EDIT: Just going to add this in here.

mom: *knocks on door*

me: just a second donít come ió

mom:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:53:17 PM by Wild Armor » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2574 on: July 20, 2013, 03:50:04 AM »

mom: *knocks on door*

me: just a second donít come ió

mom:

Your mom is a robot?

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2575 on: July 20, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »

Can't there be some rule in this thread that discussions aren't allowed, since this is the "random and amazing pictures" thread? I want to see  the pictures, not scroll through pages of text. There are plenty of other places to discuss things here, guys.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: July 20, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »

Forgive me for my flippant response but...

Come on - we didn't even talk about it for a full page of comments.  If it had gone on very long, I (or one of the other staffers) would have said something.  But it's natural for people to want to comment on the things they see here and find interesting, and it's gratifying for those who post when someone finds their picture worth commenting on.

I mean... come on.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
óKurt Vonnegut
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2577 on: July 20, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »

I wasn't referring specifically to this previous conversation, but it's happened before where I've even gone through an entire page with no pictures here. It's not unfair to say a picture thread should be only pictures. I go to lots of forums where image threads are moderated as such. Eh, whatever, I'm just nitpicking, I suppose.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2578 on: July 20, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »

Source(s): #1, #2
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2579 on: July 21, 2013, 04:16:20 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/pDAfzU8.jpg
Too big to post, but Will Smith's "I Am Legend" featured a Batman-Superman logo..... not only did it predict the future, but they made a better logo, IMO.

Would my brother get upset if I send that to him (or better, his fiancee??? HMMMMMMMM)

Drunk Superman
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:37:58 PM by Dice » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 226 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: