Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 06:15:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles 2, a video log of the entire game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles 2, a video log of the entire game  (Read 1913 times)
lucisz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »

Taken from my thread on another fourm

白騎士物語2 光と闇の覚醒
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES II Awakening of Light and Darkness

Game Cover

Trailer Screen Shots

You can view 1080p trailer that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVhl87qXK0&hd=1

In game/Gameplay Shots

What's In it?
Well it comes with both WKC1 and WKC2 in ONE game.
If you have a CLEAR SAVE from WKC1 you can load it up and choose to either start over or continue from where the story of the first one ended.
For the first game, AFAIK no story element is changed at all, however game mechanics follows the second game.  The skill tree is completely updated and WKC1 here also follow the WKC2 skill tree.  Battle is also WKC2 style fast paced battle.

Thoughts
Those are all very preliminary, I am less than 2 hours into the game ;/

The battle is indeed a lot faster, a lot more fluid and it definitely helps to keep myself engaged more.
Easy to tell enemy weakness now, since orange number flies now

ONE THING I NOTICED THAT DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL OF
I play all my game on my US PSN account.  My WKC1 save was of course on my US PSN account too.  However because this game now require license.  The geonet try to query PSN server for license, and US PSN server do not know wtf WKC2 is apparently and won't identify product code.  I tried to download the product license through my Japanese account, however, unlike previous DLCs, it's not an item you download and patches into your game.  It probably just registers something onto your PSN account.  So currently I have no way to play on Geonet =(.  I don't think I can just copy the game save from my US account to JP account, pretty sure WKC1 save was locked ;/

VIDEO LOG
I will be doing A LOT of captures for this game (and future games i play). I already have quiet a few videos up.
If you want to follow the game, i am logging it @ http://www.lucisz.com/blog/category/white-knight-chronicles-2/
OF COURSE, THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT, the captures WILL/DO contain Spoilers.

Trailers, Both WKC1 and WKC2 trailer
Character Remake
Gameplay, set 1
Gameplay, set 2
Gameplay, set 3
Gameplay, set 4
Gameplay, set 5
Gameplay, set 6

PURE GAME PLAY NO SPOILER VIDEOS:

Gameplay set 1 Video 1
Gameplay set 2 Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
Gameplay set 3 Video 1 Video 2
Gameplay set 4 Video 1 Video 2
Gameplay set 5 Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
Gameplay set 6 Video 1 Video 2 Video 3

The only new town

All material in this post (except the cover image) comes from my own capture.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:02:46 AM by lucisz » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »

I love how they practically force people who played the first game but lack a save file to completely replay it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

I never played the first game (and given what I've heard about this I probably won't), but do the gameplay changes introduced here improve the experience in the first game?  I've heard some pretty mixed opinions about it.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »

Level 5 should stick to making cel-shaded graphics.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »

I liked how the graphics seem overall improved but the characters still look a little weird.
I heard the story of the first one is good which made me interested in it but the slow combat and some other things made me wait a little for it, just to find out that in WK2 we'd have one for free!
Now I can surely wait!

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »

each character, especially that "Lucis" guy, looks almost like an early PS2 and/or wii character (really bad for something trying so hard to look like a PS3 game)
most of those links have an extra "http thing, so each one seems broken
not sure if I'll ever get to watch its battle system in action since youtube loads unbelievably slow

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
lucisz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:59:39 AM »

each character, especially that "Lucis" guy, looks almost like an early PS2 and/or wii character (really bad for something trying so hard to look like a PS3 game)
most of those links have an extra "http thing, so each one seems broken
not sure if I'll ever get to watch its battle system in action since youtube loads unbelievably slow

not sure why the forum parsed it this way... hmm i'll edit the extra http out, however, have you played a ps2 or wii game recently?
i just finished xenoblade before this, i captured the ending as well (boss fight). tell me honestly... those 2 are comparable
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:03:47 AM »

If I understand you correctly this might get me in trouble when trying to play WKC2 online:
  • I imported WKC1 from the US
  • My gamesave is then american
  • However, I have a norwegian PSN account
  • So in the sequel, I'll have to choose between being able to play online, or being able to skip the WKC1 story and import my character?
lucisz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:12 AM »

If I understand you correctly this might get me in trouble when trying to play WKC2 online:
  • I imported WKC1 from the US
  • My gamesave is then american
  • However, I have a norwegian PSN account
  • So in the sequel, I'll have to choose between being able to play online, or being able to skip the WKC1 story and import my character?

you sir, are absolutely right, unfortunately
I imported WKC1 from japan
My game save is japanese
However, I played the game on a US PSN account
I am screwed ;/ i'll pass online this time.

I'd suggest people just start over if they are in this situation.  I started from second half coz i wanna get the captures out fast.  I found out about this with in the first hour into playing the second half so i had a chance to restart
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 05:09:07 AM »

I'd suggest people just start over if they are in this situation.  I started from second half coz i wanna get the captures out fast.  I found out about this with in the first hour into playing the second half so i had a chance to restart

Thanks again. Both for the advice, and the video log. I'll be sure to buy the Euro version, and start over rather than importing again.
lucisz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:08 PM »

Thanks again. Both for the advice, and the video log. I'll be sure to buy the Euro version, and start over rather than importing again.

Another reason I didn't restart was because i spent almost 200 hours on wkc1 online and had some high GR stuff up to level 47 already.  Also I was full of materials that can be used for townspeople quests.  I think this time around i'll just move on to another game.  Even with the upped drop rate and 6 people online, I think my time is better spent to finish my backlogs.
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

^ I fully understand your sentiment. Sometimes I'm a bit afraid to get into MMOs because of that. WKC1 was very grindy too.

Hope you got enough fun with WKC2 though :)
lucisz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »

Uploaded everything from the start of the game to the end of the game,
http://www.lucisz.com/blog/category/white-knight-chronicles-2/
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:56 PM »

lolz at the second to last picture in the OP having a panty shot. lolz

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:51 PM »

Is it worth playing? I never played WKC because everyone said it was shit, but these improvements have me interested again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: