Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334483 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  PSP video out problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PSP video out problems  (Read 562 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:35:23 AM »

Not really the normal topic of discussion here but I couldn't find anything from a quick googling and I know there are a lot of PSP users around here so maybe somebody else has experienced something similar.  Recently I tried using my PSP's video output and discovered that the colors were very off.  Upon further experimentation I tried fiddling with the component video connection to the TV and realized that unplugging the blue cable had zero affect on the image quality, so it seems like the blue just isn't getting any signal.

Now I suppose it's possible that my video out cable is bad, but that seems unlikely to me.  I haven't been doing anything with the cable and it used to work.  When I'm not using it I tend to just leave it plugged in to my AV system with the PSP connecter out in the open so I can just plug the PSP in without fiddling with cables.  The PSP, on the other hand, gets carried places, stuffed in luggage, and banged around.  It just seems more likely to me that if something is going to break it would be on the PSP end.  (On the other hand, I haven't had any other problems with the PSP and this is a very specific problem)

Still, I can't completely eliminate the possibility of a bad cable.  I only have one cable and one PSP to test it with, though.  Cables aren't that expensive but I don't want to have to buy another one only to find out that it was the PSP after all.  Any suggestions as to how I should go about testing these things?  Anyone else had similar problems?

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »

The chances of just the blue output being faulty on your psp is highly unlikely man, it honestly sounds like the cable. You could try going into a computer store and be like, "I want a monitor that can display my psp but i dont know much about computers!" and then watch as those sweaty guys get their kicks off showing some newb how its done, and after you've used them like the dirty whores they are, leave.

But hey, thats just me.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 04:03:42 AM »

Well, in my experience with doing this with my PSP your problem could stem from from one of two different things:

1) Bad cable. The first one I bought to do this was too.

2) You've plugged it in wrong. This is obvious, but I did this with my second cable and couldn't figure out why everything was orange. I changed the cables around and everything was fixed.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: