Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 11:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329713 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  League of Legends
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 4478 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »

Orianna is one of my mains on Summoners Rift, but as you say, she needs the team to be co-operative.

I play mid a lot, Ahri is pretty good if you are playing solo - gank bot lane and make them snowball.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 06:59:27 PM »

If she ever goes on sale I really, really want to try Cassiopea. Just because I like the idea of literally turning enemies to stone unless they run away from you. XD (Right now I'm only getting 6300 IP champs I want with RP when they go 50%; just because runes are so darn expensive.) I hear Ahri is pretty good but supposedly if you're bad with her it really shows. Might try her while she's free this week sometime.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »

Cass is a top AP right now.

Morg, Cass,Gragas, Ahri, Twisted Fate and Vlad are the top AP picks in competitive play. She has a lot of POTENTIAL damage with her E, but its not always easy to be able to fire off 3 E's at once. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 04:46:49 AM »

Strangely I haven't seen a whole lot of Cass in the tournament vids so far. Maybe the top teams just aren't practicing with her as a lot of people do seem to universally agree about her power.

I can't wait to hit level 30. I want to practice with Karma but from what I've played so far I don't think she's going to be viable until I can hit every bit of CDR on the mastery trees. XP

Edit: Oh sweet~! Arcade Sona releases today. <3 I know which skin I'm buying for my Sona. XD
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:15:38 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »

Arcade Sona looks fucking amaze-balls. I will probably join you in buying it.

Currently right now I have just waiting on Syndra being released on the PBE server. WANT TO PLAY SO BAD

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »

I'm really looking forward to her as well. *_*

Uuuuuuugh. I'm never playing morning hour Dominion again. Holy crap do these people suck at this game mode. X-x And I'm not talking 'bad day' or 'rookie' or anything; I mean fundamentally failing to understand how to play it. I miss my night schedule. Hurry up Friday. >.<
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »

Sometimes when I look at the people I'm paired with... I truly wonder how low my hidden ELO rating could be.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »

For every man who has lost 8/10 games because of his team, there is a man carried higher because his team made up for his shortcomings.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »

Not really sure you can 'carry' in Dominion though. It feels very much like old WoW WSG matches where 9/10 of the people on your side are just dinking about mid-field and only one guy's trying to run the flag. XP Some losses are slow, painful bleed outs.

Speaking of painful; this SR match may have sapped any desire to play this game for a few days. Nothing like playing support and having your team being out-killed 3-1+; only to have to keep dying because two trolls won't surrender and the nonsense drags over over 15 minutes after the snowball begins. ~_~ Ugh.

Edit: After a few more games I think what happened is I finally hit high enough 'level' to run face first into the MOBA Community 'Wall'. XP Can I go back to being level 1 now?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:48:48 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »

Nah, things get better at level 30. I've played about 1200 (1347 to be exact) games and I would HATE to have to play through levels 1-30 again.

You may also be playing against smurf accounts sometimes at that level.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:31:21 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »

Hopefully so. Although I think I'll just stick to Dominion from now on. Those games don't last long enough for me to get frustrated. @_@ I'm actually an incredibly laid back person but even I can start to feel twinges of 'gamer rage' from enough SR. Not that I'd start spewing the drivel that comes from a lot of hate mongers mind you. I just really don't like feeling angry; at all, ever. .//.

This is true. Ah well; I should be 23 on Saturday. Won't be getting a whole lot of playtime tomorrow even though I'm close to leveling. Actually played a Karma game in Dominion this afternoon and had fun. Although it surprises me you actually have players going "OMG, Karma sitting there doing nothing!" when I'm trying to sit on Windmill and defend it. It's like Arathi Basin all over again. People fail to understand middle bases will get hit and need constant defense. I have that same problem with Orianna too; usually left solo for defense. Only for some reason no one has ever complained about it before. XP

Kinda sad that Arcade Sona might not be out until tomorrow actually. So much conflicting information on the LoL boards. I should just stay away from them. XP

Edit: Holy crap Cass went on sale! XD *buys and tries* ....I think I love this champion. ._. Her burst is insane. Coming off playing Orianna, Cass is pretty much easy burst mode. @_@ Q-aiming is a bit titchy but other than that...wow.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:16:52 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »

Rekindled my love for Lux last night when playing with some friends.

Lux's sheild is secretly OP and no one knows. All they think when they see Lux is OHMAHGAWD lasers.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »

I've actually grown slightly fond of Caitlyn this week just from some basic bot play. But I haven't tried her out practically yet. Been more interested in actually earning decent XP and IP in the few hours a day I've been playing so it's pretty much been one game of VS AI for the First Win of the Day and a few rounds of Custom against Beginner Bots.

Kinda tedious but it's an easy 400~ IP and 500~ XP due to it being impossible to lose.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »

I'd suggest you play the least possible against bots.
I have friends that did it too much and now they have the hardest time against players because they are used to the carebear nature of the bots.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »

I only play Bots for SR maps because I really care nothing for SR. XP Dominion is pretty much what I'll be playing exclusively against people unless Season 3 introduces a new game mode I happen to like better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: