Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332827 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Israel to world: Fuck off
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Israel to world: Fuck off  (Read 13962 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »

Interesting state of affairs. I'm sure we all knew it was coming, just didn't know when.

Thoughts, opinions, predictions?

All I can say myself is, kick some ass Israel.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 05:53:46 PM »

Yeah um...so the situation looks like this:

Israel is either going to be responsible for the biggest middle eastern death toll in world history, or they're gonna be wiped off the map. Cheery.

Above all this will definitely make good television. :P

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 07:22:30 PM »

Quote from: "Dave"
Israel is either going to be responsible for the biggest middle eastern death toll in world history, or they're gonna be wiped off the map. Cheery.

So when you were a kid and some snot-nosed punk started something with you, you never stood up for youself at all?

I fail to see how Israel is solely responsible for this when they have been getting shit on by the world for over the last decade and finally had enough.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

Actually I wasn't trying to put that notion forward. It's no secret that the majority of the Middle Eastern world hates Israel. It's also no secret that Israel has a tendency of letting their tanks do the talking.

Israel is forced into a decision where it's kill or be killed. Quite frankly, I hope they all wipe each other out. Neither side has any intention of NOT fighting, so it's not like anyone can say "oh this doesn't have to happen." They WANT it to.

Both sides are equally "responsible" for this being a full-blown war with civilians in the line of fire. I'm not rooting for either.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 09:10:22 PM »

I think I agree with Dios. The arab countries around Israel can be such instigators. They want a war, well now they'll get one, thanks to their extremist actions.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 09:13:06 PM »

Yeah, the entire reasoning for this war is pretty retarded.

"You blew shit up! Like you....um...always do. So THIS TIME, we're gonna go bomb the bejeezus out of Lebanon."

"OMFG YOU CAME AT US WITH TANKS AND WARPLANES (again)!!! WE'RE DECLARING WAR!! (again) JIHAD X50!!"

I think right about now is the part where Israel says "screw this" and just completely overwhelms them.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 10:57:51 PM »

I don't blame Israel one bit for sticking up for themselves because I would likely do the same. I don't see how killing Muslims is helping to better the situation though. Hate begets hate, plain and simple, and I highly doubt responding with more bloodshed is going to make the Muslims roll over and be friendly. It may create a temporary peace, but I doubt either side will forget it.

Just a sad situation.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 11:28:24 PM »

I'm not rooting for either, especially with civilians involved.

Personally I just cringe every time Lebanon is in the news being bombed or something, my boss is there right now.

I just hope he's really far from Beirut.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 11:54:01 PM »

I don't want to take sides and I just hope my best friend's family is okay.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 06:54:36 AM »

I'm glad I've been to Israel, cause it's not going to be worth visiting when all this is resolved, whenever the hell that'll be.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 12:19:04 PM »

Well, if Israel and Lebanon want to blow the Hell out of each other, let them.  I mean, not trying to sound racist here, but if you have nations that want to solve their issues by blowing up other Countries, then mayhaps it's better if they expunge half their population bases in the process.

I mean, if you ask me, it's pretty selfish to put your own civilians and other Countries' civilians at risk because the big boys are angry at each other.

Come on Israel, there's enough candy for everyone.

GhaleonOne

GhaleonOne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »

Except it's not Israel vs. Lebanon, it's Israel vs. the Hezbollah, who happens to operate in Lebanon. This whole issue is because the Hezbollah kidnapped two Israeli officers. The Lebanon government is pretty much powerless to stop the Hezbollah (especially when many of the officials in the government are Hezbollah, an issue you can give thanks to Syria and Iran for). If any finger pointing needs to be done, it should be towards Syria and Iran for instigating this crap to begin with, considering how much money they send to fund Hezbollah. With every news story that comes out, Iran seems to be begging Israel to start something with them or Syria, just so they can have a reason to get into it. And if Iran gets into it, this is going to escalate a great deal.

-G1
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 01:06:59 PM »

When somebody is throwing rocks at your head, it's too late to council them on the evils of throwing rocks.  If you don't have an effective defense, there's little you can do but convince the agressor that your rocks hurt more.

The violence won't end until Israel no longer needs military might to win the tolerance of its neighbors.  I think that those who are so quick to condemn them do not understand what it's like to have your very way of life under attack.  To have your neighbors denying that you have a right to exist.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 05:03:13 PM »

The Lebanon government is pretty much powerless to stop the Hezbollah

Maybe, but they don't really seem like they'd be eager to try if they could.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 06:01:54 PM »

I've always been sympathetic of Israel's position--especially with a lot of the Palestinian stuff, they're pretty consistent about responding to attacks targeted at their women and children with attacks on military targets.  But for something like this, I just can't help but think that if Israel didn't have the U.S. looming in the background, they wouldn't dare bomb the fuck out of Lebanon--taking a serious fucking shit all over their sovereignity--and instead spend a little more time working with the Lebanese government.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: