Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 06:46:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334518 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Israel to world: Fuck off
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Israel to world: Fuck off  (Read 14067 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 10:58:08 PM »

Operation Bomb the Bejeezus Out of Lebanon continued today. Hezbollah again decided the best way to stick it to Israel would be to punch some missiles up Haifa's hoohah, killing 8.

Israel's retaliation resulted in seven Canadian tourists dying from warplane fire, and there are 40,000 or so that are stuck in the danger zone. That's not including Lebanese citizens.

Meanwhile the Bekaa valley near Syria got whaled on today too. When Syria enters the fray, you may as well add Iran, Egypt, and a good chunk of those terrorists/insurgents in Iraq to it as well. Does this sound familiar?

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 03:55:59 AM »

Canadian tourists. Oh, that's just wonderful. Guess what my boss and his wife are.

(And I found out today they're in Beirut too.)

Not that I'm not concerned otherwise... but I don't exactly want this guy who's also a friend coming home in a coffin.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 04:53:13 AM »

Tourist no matter their nationality dying as a result of this is utterly horrible.

To think I was debating going to Israel sometime this summer with my mom to visit "The Holy Land". It's probably a good thing we decided against it. While I fully support Israel's decision to stand up for themselves one way or another, innocents caught in the crossfire is very saddening to hear.

Despite it not being an official war, the phrase "War is Hell" is entirely apt to this situation.

As it is for myself, I'm sure is true for others. Our prayers go out.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 06:25:53 AM »

Anyone remember Israel's last invasion of Lebanon?  Known as Israel's Vietnam, Lead to the creation of the Hezbollah, introduced the suicide bombing concept to the middle east, and it mixed with the rise of the Ayatollah in Iran(who initially funded him) strengthen the idea that "Islamic Fundalmentalists are getting the job done" in the people's minds.  Shit hitting the fan again.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 11:55:37 AM »

Maybe, but they don't really seem like they'd be eager to try if they could.

You should pay more attention to the news then. In an interview Lebanons prime minister said that he was pretty much powerless to stop hezbollah, and that he wished for help in extrapolating them from being the main political force.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

Quote from: "Lucid"
Maybe, but they don't really seem like they'd be eager to try if they could.

You should pay more attention to the news then. In an interview Lebanons prime minister said that he was pretty much powerless to stop hezbollah, and that he wished for help in extrapolating them from being the main political force.

If that's how he feels, and Israel focuses more on rooting them out and kicking their asses, this could go better than we fear.

But I have a feeling that given the overall climate, this could easily escalade.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »

As one Israeli analyst mentioned on CNN today:"The Syrians will continue fighting Israel until the last Lebanese is gone, and the Iranians will fight until the last Lebanese and the last Syrian is gone."

I guess this statement pretty much sums up the entire problem. The Syrian and the Iranian governments use those terrorist organisations to fight proxy wars against Israel. Since Hezbollah is very powerful inside Lebanon (as demonstrated by the last general elections), destroying them seems to be pretty very difficult, if not impossible. Then again, I definitely don't blame the Israelis for trying to at least weaken them.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »

Can't say I'm super surprised something errupted in the Middle East. I was expecting full out civil war in Iraq first, though I'm sure that's coming shortly.

I'm a fairly optimistic person, but I've been thinking/saying since 9/11 that WW3 will start in the Middle East. There's just too much shit going on right now. Pray to god that Syria and Iran do not get more involved then they are now, becuase if they do you can bet the U.S. will get into it, and then Russia and China will put their hands into the pie because of their support of Iran. It will be a very, VERY bad situation all around.

While I don't blame Israel sticking up for itself (I mean, my god, EVERY middle east country and terrorist wants EVERYONE dead) and as a Jewish person I get tired of people blaming Jews for everything going wrong in history, but I do get tired of Israel's entire 'bomb first, ask questions later' policy with every conflict they seem to have. Way to make new friends! Though at this point they probably don't have that much choice.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 07:53:18 PM »

Iran can't get involved.  They aren't exactly going to roll their military through Iraq, and firing Silkworm missiles over Iraqi airspace would be insanity.  We'd have to get involved if it happened, and Iran would have nothing to gain from it.

Not really sure about Syria, on the other hand.  However, if Israel attacks Syria, they wouldn't have too many sympathizers left.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »

Israel= the little kid who was always picked on by bullies and always did what they were told to do about bullies: report them.  But that never worked so they did what any kid would do- take matters into their own hands because that's the only thing that seems to work/be in any way effective.  You bullied me?  I'll take a gun and shoot you.  It's like Columbine on a grander scale.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 11:55:28 PM »

Israel is no better than those it's claiming to fight. I fail to see how launching missiles at civilian targets is a suitable response to the kidnapping of two soldiers.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 02:26:10 AM »

That's really the great advantage of being a militant group attacking a country: The country's fucked six ways from Sunday no matter what.  Want to target their civilians specifically?  Go right ahead!  If they fight back by whatever means, you can have your base in a dense urban area, you're already spread out amongst the populace, and even if all the deaths from a bombing are actually militants, they still look like civilians so you can drum up the PR!
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 05:55:19 PM »

In related news, Hizbollah escalates this situation, declaring they're ready to attack the U.S. and Israel. This looks like it's heading to a point of no return.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 07:53:11 AM »

So they want to attack Americans, eh?

They won't have to go far.

Fucking insanity. By basically completely shutting down the country, Israel's managed to trap entire families of innocent people in the middle of a warzone.

But I'm sure there will be people who try to make their deaths seem insignificant compared to those of Israelis.

I understand Israel is defending itself, and it has every right to, but this is ridiculous. It would appear to me that the only reason they're showing this much muscle is to scare fundamentalist militants, who are by every stretch, simply a bunch of ragtag criminals. This is a "justified response" for the abduction of two soldiers?

I suppose if someone took a couple of National Guardsmen down to Mexico at gunpoint, we can bomb the shit out of their civilian areas?

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 11:44:03 AM »

Tijuana here we come!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: