Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 04:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Maybe it's the weed - but I find this horribly amusing...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Maybe it's the weed - but I find this horribly amusing...  (Read 16117 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2010, 01:53:29 AM »

http://stopavatarmovie.blogspot.com/
http://leftwingandbraveworld.blogspot.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/board/thread/167026994?d=167026994&p=1#167026994

Somehow, I think they're missing the point (in regards to movie posts).
Apparently, Toy Story 3 is heterosexual propaganda.  Toys... heterosexual propaganda. ...Yeah, absolutely the intent.

Funny enough, this promotion of gay rights, say, more gay people would turn the world into a birthless one.
I do acknowledge the above links as extreme cases of hoping for an absolute gay-friendly world.

I personally just found this more humourous and nonsensical.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:26:43 AM »

weed

really?
I'm only slightly tired and that thing about lack of apparent (or probably stereotypical) gay people made me do a facepalm mentally

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 09:22:03 AM »

Mandatory male on male buttsex is the only 100% certain way to end abortions.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »

Gee. Uh. Kinda pathetic. Gays have their own crazy people too.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »

btw I've never met a transexual that wasn't dangerously insane, although admittedly I haven't met that many transexuals. Most of the ones I haven't met still seem pretty crazy though because it's like all they talk about. It's like holy shit get a life.

That being said Buck Angel is pretty hot.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »

Gee. Uh. Kinda pathetic. Gays have their own crazy people too.

Craziness is the ultimate non-discriminatory force (followed unerringly by pure stupidity).

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »

Dice I am very disappointed that you are using illegal mind shaping hallucinogens.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »

Dice I am very disappointed that you are using illegal mind shaping hallucinogens.

I ...uhh... use it for my chronic headaches.... no pun intended....?...!
Dpctor said.  True.  Sorry...

DISCLAIMER

Dice do not condone the use of recreational, hallucinogenic drugs in order to produce feelings of euphoria. Any feeling that she has about them is one behalf of the individual, and not that of rpgfan.com.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »

I dont need drugs, RPGs are my anti-drug!
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »

I dont need drugs, RPGs are my anti-drug!
lol, you dork
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »

Dices threads always seem to take a different direction than she probably indented...

I think the last one went off on a tangent about Indian food and now it seems to be going the way of drugs.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »

I suppose I'm flattered.  I'd like to consider it a free chance to spam, and a way to freely socialize more openly, then by a topic-by-topic basis.

When it comes to weed, I personally feel the taboo is much to strong (and I do it very very occasionally anyways).
That, and I work at a bar.  I can genuinely say I prefer calmed stoners to drunken losers.  Either way, both make you dumb.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

Links are funny because the projection of the sentiment is nonsensically misguided, even though the sentiment itself is far from ill-intentioned.  Anti-gay extremism like Pastor Martin "eat da poo poo" Ssempa in Uganda is horrifying.  Good intentions often pave dubious roads, right? 

I went straightedge back in January, but I have had issues with drugs and drinking in the past.  Being edge isn't easy, especially since I don't drink fruit juice from cartons or soda either.  I gotta have my afternoon cup of coffee, though.  Black, naturally.  

EDIT: I will say that various Native American tribes had my favorite (and arguably the most progressive) view of homosexuality.  They referred to homosexuals as "Two-Spirits" or "Dual-Spirits" meaning that this special person was blessed with the spirit of a man and a woman.  Because this is such a rarity, Two-Spirits held exalted positions in tribes such as shamans, spiritual leaders, advisors, etc.  I'll bet many chiefs (particularly the great chiefs) were Two-Spirits.  

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:12:52 PM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »

This kind of thing always gets on my nerves. It's these kind of stupid people that want 100% political correctness all the time that are ruining our world. I have no qualms about being free with your sexuality and not feeling you should be ashamed about it. That being said, the writer of that article is an idiot. They remind me of extreme feminists. Who I also hate.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »

Links are funny because the projection of the sentiment is nonsensically misguided, even though the sentiment itself is far from ill-intentioned.  Anti-gay extremism like Pastor Martin "eat da poo poo" Ssempa in Uganda is horrifying.  Good intentions often pave dubious roads, right? 

I went straightedge back in January, but I have had issues with drugs and drinking in the past.  Being edge isn't easy, especially since I don't drink fruit juice from cartons or soda either.  I gotta have my afternoon cup of coffee, though.  Black, naturally. 

EDIT: I will say that various Native American tribes had my favorite (and arguably the most progressive) view of homosexuality.  They referred to homosexuals as "Two-Spirits" or "Dual-Spirits" meaning that this special person was blessed with the spirit of a man and a woman.  Because this is such a rarity, Two-Spirits held exalted positions in tribes such as shamans, spiritual leaders, advisors, etc.  I'll bet many chiefs (particularly the great chiefs) were Two-Spirits. 

The line is kind of blurry when it comes to Two-spirits. There were Native Americans who were married to a member of the same sex and were not considered, nor wanted to be considered, two-spirits. Being a two-spirit was generally decided by the parents at the age of puberty depending on what sort of things the child was interested in. If it leaned towards cooking and sewing, they were male-bodied females but if interests lay in hunting or war, they were seen as men, even if they had male partners.

Still progressive, but they just had a different way of thinking about sexuality than we do these days. So it's hard for us to grasp concepts that for them bore no shame or were considered unusual.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: