Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 03:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337848 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Just started Strange Journey...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Just started Strange Journey...  (Read 4980 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »

Just picked this game up and I enjoy it.

It's the first game I've played in the Shin Megami series and I really like the style.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »

All I have to say is my hat is off to anyone who managed to get through that last dungeon without using a faq.
I already complete game two time (normal and chaos ending) without using any FAQs or map... Hmmm... Manual may be faqs or not???))

You are my hero for the week.
I really don't know how they (developers) expect us to figure out the mechanics of movement in those areas you cannot see. I'm at Area 4 of the game, the area that have those streams, like a river that keep carrying you around, and after you go up a few floors, there's something like it, but you can't see how they work because it's one of those areas you can't see on the map.
I went on GameFaqs to see a map for it, and when I saw how complicated it was I just put the game down and I don't plan on coming back to it. I have others SMT games here I haven't played and I bet they are a lot less frustrating.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »

Uh, you can still see your position on the mini-map, you just have to remember where the auto-move areas are and where it's safe to stand.  Especially in area 4, where there's so much space that's mapped out for you, so it's pretty easy to tell where the blanked out sections go.  And besides, in THAT VERY AREA there's an App that lets you see in the dark areas.

Or you could, you know, do it the way we used to in the 80's and map it out yourself on graph paper.

Young'ns give up way too easily these days.  It's kind of depressing.
riderin

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

You are my hero for the week.
thx))

I really don't know how they (developers) expect us to figure out the mechanics of movement in those areas you cannot see.
you must find rare material to upgrade your demonica for have visulazier function.

I'm at Area 4 of the game, the area that have those streams, like a river that keep carrying you around, and after you go up a few floors, there's something like it, but you can't see how they work because it's one of those areas you can't see on the map.
You miss somehow(i really don't know how) rare forme. I already have VisA in this moment on the game.

how they work because it's one of those areas you can't see on the map.
With all this funny features you real quick received "Demonica QA Tester" achivments. And it isn't funny T_T.

I just put the game down and I don't plan on coming back to it.
I don't know why but i real like SJ... It have intiresting gameplay and lot of feaures in game.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »

Put me down for another person that made it through the game without using one FAQ to figure something out. The last dungeon really isn't that hard. It's more annoying than confusing. It's just a lot of trial and error.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: