Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341140 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Food!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Food!  (Read 3822 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »

I really want to try balut actually.  I think it's more a mental disturbance than the taste.  I'd probably have to close my eyes eating it.  And that dinuguan, is that the same as black pudding?

They're pretty good though, it's just the mental disturbance thats making it look yucky.

I'm not sure if it's like black pudding, but dinuguan is served in liquid form mixed with pork broths.

Oh and is that coconut and brown sugar next to the rice cakes?  That looks really good.

Yup.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 11:06:05 AM »

That coconut thing is a lot like putu mayam, I think? And yay, pictures!

Anyways, as a result of not visiting home this summer, I'm currently craving these:

(fruit fried in batter- usually bananas)

and

(Putu Piring- compacted rice noodles with coconut and melty brown sugar on the inside)

This topic would be hell on fasting month. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

I'm extremely picky, so I like most food plain.
fast food is nice to have occasionally, especially breakfast stuff that should be served all day long.
I like chicken preferably battered or grilled, particularly on top of macaroni and cheese from this place because it's literally heaven
I only like rice if it's steamed and lo mein is really amazing if it's completely plain, sesame chicken or general Tso (mild) is awesome with soy sauce.
i'm probably the only person that only eats pizza with cheese and bread with sauce and I only have ice cream if it's completely melted, except if it's a milkshake.
macaroni on bottom left

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »

pinoy food? ay nako

bow to your god

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »

goatse ^

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »

I like a lot of different types of food, but I get really freaked out by offal. Basically I can only eat muscle meat, I pass on organs, and when I eat shrimp they have to be de-veined. The exception to this is that Foie Gras was excellent the one time I tried it, and I finally got over my weirdness enough to enjoy soft shell crabs. A second exception would be with stuff like pork roll and scrapple which are delicious and I can't tell what's in there anyway.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 06:34:04 AM »

You can all shove it with your delicious local delicates!

I'm eating a Lunchable right now. I feel 5 years old.

The true art of a Lunchable lies in making sure you don't just end up with a bunch of crackers at the end.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »

You can all shove it with your delicious local delicates!

I'm eating a Lunchable right now. I feel 5 years old.

The true art of a Lunchable lies in making sure you don't just end up with a bunch of crackers at the end.

i had one of those recently
most lunchables have yucky food, but this one was exceptional especially since I love subs with turkey and cheese

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »

14oz shell steak rare, country style mashed potatoes (extra lumpy, none of that whipped shit, please)with gravy, and oven roasted carrots. Everyone else can kindly get the hell out, though I will admit I do enjoy irish black and white puddings (blood sausage).

There's a place near my house that makes white castle style burgers (sliders) and fries as well as grilled hot dogs. 2 things they have on the menu though that you won't see anywhere else and are damned well worth it are the ripper, which is a new jersey specialty actually, and a philly chesse steak with french fries, gravy, and a hot dog added inside. The ripper, btw, is a deep fried hot dog.

TASTY!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »

Downright the best burger I've ever had is at a local stall in Ampang (K.L, Malaysia). It's a sloppy monster of beef, eggs and a mayonnaise with chili sauce mixture. There's nothing like getting a ramli special burger at two in the morning and washing it down with iced tea.

http://www.placesandfoods.com/2009/02/the-best-ramli-burger-special-ampang.html

(that's a blog entry I found about the burger- makes me hungry just thinking about it!)

EDIT: Found a YouTube link of the fellow making the burgers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQ_Ns8rVzg
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:27:58 AM by CastNuri » Logged

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »

I made my own vegetarian Japanese curry last night using a package of S&Bs Golden Curry. I cooked with some onions, potatoes, carrots and tofu.

I've been going crazy trying to find a restaurant in Boston, and the surrounding area that makes a vegetarian or vegan version of Japanese curry, but I've yet to find one. I took matters into my own hands and discovered this lovely box of curry that contains no meat. Before I became vegetarian, Japanese curry was something I enjoyed a lot, so it killed me when I couldn't find a vegetarian version anywhere. Next time I make it, I'll take some pictures. It's SO good!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »

Agent D just reminded me of Tido and his Junkyard Dogs.  It's pretty much a hole-in-the-wall place in New Brunswick (NJ) on Easton Ave near Rutgers that has amazing dogs (they make a killer ripper), hand cut fries, fantastic chili, the place is grubbin' at its finest.  If I didn't get fat on Fat Sandwiches, I got fat at that place.  Okay, and at La Familia too, which is my favorite pizza in New Jersey.  

When it comes to hot dogs, I'm a man of simple tastes.  Just brown mustard and relish.  Ketcup on a hot dog is just wrong.  If I see you do that, I'll give you one of those disapproving parent headshakes.  

One local food I want to try is an Al's Italian Beef sandwich in Chicago.  I've seen all the Al's vs. Mr. Beef shows, and I just want to bathe in Al's giardiniera.  Sorry to my Windy City friends, but as much as I love Blues Brothers, Gunsmith Cats, and the Paradigm Shift manga, I'm a NY/NJ guy when it comes to pizza.  Thin crust slices that you can fold, that's pizza.  Deep dish is good and all, but it just isn't pizza to me.  It should be named something else.  New York City is the epicenter of pizza and the goodness of pizza is directly proportional to your distance from NYC.  There's a reason why LA pizza is terrible.  

My mom was abroad in India this past month and brought back this street sweet typical of Kerala.  It's fried chunks of plantain in this coating of molasses and spices (like ginger and stuff) so it's like old-school candy.  I like it a lot.  Not too sweet and a nice ginger kick at the end.  

EDIT: And I am still on a quest to find the best veggie burger.  I hear The Spot in Hermosa Beach CA has an amazing veggie burger, but I've never been. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:45:34 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »

goatse ^

Hahahahaha good one.Well played.

I enjoy all the LA food we got except I could only eat half of the Krispy Kreme burger

Its two donut buns,angus beef,mayo,onions,two slices of cheese and smoked bacon.Heavy as hell,I had to give up half-way for the sake of my heart

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 10:08:19 PM »

When it comes to hot dogs, I'm a man of simple tastes.  Just brown mustard and relish.  Ketcup on a hot dog is just wrong.  If I see you do that, I'll give you one of those disapproving parent headshakes.  

I eat veggie dogs now, but it's still a "hot dog". Anyway, I would do the same to you. I hate mustard and relish, and don't think they belong on a hot dog. Ketchup only for me. I can't say enough how much I hate mustard. Mayonaise too. Both are disgusting.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »

I put mustard on fucking everything.

Anyway I just remembered the ice storm of 2005 that knocked out power for like a week (http://www.draves.com/ice05/ice05.htm) which was awesome, and if I wanted *hot* food I had to light a can of sterno on the porch and heat a bag of channa masala over it.

Because bags of channa masala were the only damn thing I had in the house that was vegetarian for whatever reason and it was illegal to drive for most of the week because the roads weren't usable and reserved for emergency vehicles and repair trucks.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: