Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:54:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327192 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3?  (Read 6593 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »

It resembles MML (well duh) but it's heavily mission based so its not purely explorational (mix of battles, puzzles, and exploring) and you have a hideout that you can interact with or improve (like leveling the Servbots, improving stuff, etc.).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »

I may have to check it out.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Larahl

Say, fuzzy pickles.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 04:23:16 AM »

Apperantly I was right, and they are developing it on the 3DS.

But looking at this actually makes me feel good about the console decision. Just look at Street Fighter and Resident Evil: Revelations. They look freaking great.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:35:52 AM by Larahl » Logged

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »

Somebody please go to California and check on our web designer.  I'm afraid he might have suffered death by orgasm over this.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 11:09:48 AM »

Just imagine Megaman Legends on the 360/PS3/PC.. an immense, full featured console experience.

I have a love/hate relationship with handhelds for that reason.  On one end, the games look, technically, shittier than on an actual high-powered console.  But at least they are "pick up and go" games that you can do when you're going nuts from studying ten straight hours.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »

Who gives a crap what the game looks like?  The gameplay is what's important, and this is MEGAMAN LEGENDS THREE.

I will NEVER understand the "It's on a handheld, therefore the graphics are TERRIBLE, and therefore the GAME is terrible" arguement.  It's like saying that a painting done in a classical style is somehow worse than one done in a modern style.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 01:59:53 PM »

Who gives a crap what the game looks like?  The gameplay is what's important, and this is MEGAMAN LEGENDS THREE.

I will NEVER understand the "It's on a handheld, therefore the graphics are TERRIBLE, and therefore the GAME is terrible" arguement.  It's like saying that a painting done in a classical style is somehow worse than one done in a modern style.

Totally agree with this statement.  Whenever I see a PS3 with nice graphics I'll say "That looks nice" but that's it. It's not an important factor. Besides, there are some handheld games that look great. In the future handhelds will have the same graphical power as a PS3 or 360 anyway.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:28:13 PM by Fadedsun » Logged

"Oh, a hunter..."
Larahl

Say, fuzzy pickles.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 02:26:55 PM »

Same. I really don't understand what's the point in being a graphic whore. Is it because it the big screen TV, or what? In the last couple years all I played was handheld. As long as make it fun like the other two, than I'm fine with it.

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »

Who gives a crap what the game looks like?  The gameplay is what's important, and this is MEGAMAN LEGENDS THREE.

I will NEVER understand the "It's on a handheld, therefore the graphics are TERRIBLE, and therefore the GAME is terrible" arguement.  It's like saying that a painting done in a classical style is somehow worse than one done in a modern style.

Totally agree with this statement.  Whenever I see a PS3 with nice graphics I'll say "That looks nice" but that's it. It's not an important factor. Besides, there are some handheld games that look great. In the future handhelds will have the same graphical power as a PS3 or 360 anyway.

At least it's anew MML game (not a port) - so I'd hope graphical improvements are ...innate?

I liked MML, but the blocky chunky movements sometimes got on my nerve.
I can't wait for this though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »

I will NEVER understand the "It's on a handheld, therefore the graphics are TERRIBLE, and therefore the GAME is terrible" arguement.  It's like saying that a painting done in a classical style is somehow worse than one done in a modern style.

If Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 were actually released for PS3, the PSP versions would be praised by haters.

It's like wanting to fuck Angelina Jolie (home console) but having to fuck Jennifer Connely (handheld).  Neither are bad, and you'd rather do them both, but people will feel a sense of loss at not getting what they wanted.

analogies

I'm going to insist that the 3DS is more than just a handheld because of the actual 3D graphics.  You could argue that this handheld is better than HD consoles, because they can't produce actual 3D graphics.  The graphics can't be better on a home console because they can't be replicated.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »

That's a terrible analogy and you should feel bad. I expected better from you. Home console games are just generally more feature rich than handhelds.

And if we don't care about these features? Or possibly more importantly if these features don't mean a damn thing for the game? We're not even talking about it being released as a DS game, but rather a 3DS game, a platform that looks to be exceeding the PS2 in raw power and likely have more than enough space for the game and whatever the developers really want to do, not to mention Nintendo's taking online more seriously if that's actually relevant for the game. My only issue is the lack of a right analog stick, and the game's undoubtedly being designed with that in mind.

That, and it's a game that nearly didn't get made at all. Bitching about this is like bitching you "merely" got fresh clean water when you just went days without drinking anything, it's not like Dragon Quest where the game clearly would've still done great and had no trouble getting made if it were on a console instead.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »

That's a terrible analogy and you should feel bad. I expected better from you. Home console games are just generally more feature rich than handhelds.
Quit being a fucking ingrate and complaining about retarded things.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 08:24:57 PM »

I am sorry that I prefer the more theatric and feature rich home console experience, especially for the sequel of one of my favorite games.

You can at least stop being a smarmy asshole.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »

I am sorry that I prefer the more theatric and feature rich home console experience, especially for the sequel of one of my favorite games.
If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it. Acting like a spoiled little brat isn't going to change anything.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 09:44:52 PM »

hey guys do you remember when thoren said that japan makes much better games on handhelds these days

i sure do
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: