Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 06:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338609 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3?  (Read 7162 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 10:03:09 PM »

I'm not going to respond to personal insults.

The mature act rings hollow when this whole thing started by you acting ungrateful about getting a sequel PERIOD to a cult classic that didn't do great in the first place.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 10:25:11 PM »

I'm not going to respond to personal insults.
Let me guess, this is where you accuse everyone else of having substandard expectations and ruining the game industry by buying into their stupid decisions.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 10:28:09 PM »

hey guys do you remember when thoren said that japan makes much better games on handhelds these days

i sure do

Me too. Japan still makes great games for console though.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »

I just like the more feature heavy focus of a home console game and I think MML has the potential to do well as a full Capcom title release.

hey guys do you remember when thoren said that japan makes much better games on handhelds these days

i sure do

Capcom makes great console games.

And CAPCOM comes from Japan, which, supposedly, makes much better games on handhelds these days
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:17 PM »

Actually, I guess I should ask the obvious question:

I just like the more feature heavy focus of a home console game and I think MML has the potential to do well as a full Capcom title release.

What do you even MEAN with 'feature heavy'?
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:35 PM »

i sure do

Capcom makes great console games.

They make great handheld games too. Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright are excellent games for handheld systems. Okamiden is coming out soon, and I'm sure that's going to be a great game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:08 PM »

Oh my God, you're right. You're such a brilliant market analyst. It's a wonder that your amateur game market analyst skills haven't been tapped by every major publishing company yet.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »

Oh look. Another game series I loved that has unpredictably jumped companies after being part of a franchise that was pretty much a Sony controlled deal...I raise the bird to you Capcom. I raise the bird as high as I can. Seriously this generation of gaming's console jumping tactic almost presents a valid argument for piracy. I miss the days where if you wanted to play a game serious you could always rely on it coming out on a specific console for the duration of it's lifespan (not counting remakes and ports). Now if you want to play the follow ups to your favorite game series you need to own every console from every company as you have no idea if it's going to be Console or Handheld (points to Valkyria Chronicles). Or Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft.

Seriously...it's bull crap. I'm just waiting for the day the industry takes the next dosage of stupid pills and tries something like releasing Fable IV on the Apple Iphone or Microsoft coming out with a handheld and Final Fantasy XV being exclusive to it.

Edit: Damn...that's the first time I've been irked so badly that my sense of grammar was entirely shot. XD *cleans the post up*
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:57:52 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »

Oh look. Another game series I loved that has unpredictably jumped companies after being part of a franchise that was pretty much a Sony controlled deal...I raise the bird to you Capcom. I raise the bird as high as I can.

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MML3 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel MML3 for 3DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »

Seriously this generation of gaming's console jumping tactic almost presents a valid argument for piracy.
This is frankly the most retarded thing posted here so far.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 11:08:08 PM »

Wow, there hasn't been a MML game since the PS1, and you guys are freaking out about betrayal?  I'm sorry you invested so much into your original playstations.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 11:11:40 PM »

Seriously this generation of gaming's console jumping tactic almost presents a valid argument for piracy.
This is frankly the most retarded thing posted here so far.

:-P I said "almost". I was using hyperbole to emphasize my point that all this console jumping nonsense is eventually going to drive the customers away from franchises they've long respected and adored. If you take morals out of the equation you're left with a simple question:

"Why the hell are they expecting me to pay approximately $1140 + tax just for the chance to play five games in a series where no more than 5 years ago I would only have to pay $300 for a guarantee to play my favorite game series? Especially when I can just get it for free from questionable sources?"

Piracy isn't something to be supported I'll say right now. But with so many games series spreading their sequential titles out across multiple platforms they aren't making a very strong case to support their businesses.

Wow, there hasn't been a MML game since the PS1, and you guys are freaking out about betrayal?  I'm sorry you invested so much into your original playstations.

This isn't about just Megaman. There are plenty of other titles pulling this nonsense these days. Hell look at another game series from the PSOne era that's actually doing it right. Parasite Eve. We've known since PE2 that the potential for a sequel was out there and for many years we waited. Low and behold here it is for PSP, not a console product but still a Sony product. Now you have Megaman Legends jumping ship. It's like Kingdom Hearts set the example and for some reason everyone and their dog wants to ride the same trick pony. The horse's legs have to give out sometime.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:14:55 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »

This isn't about just Megaman. There are plenty of other titles pulling this nonsense these days. Hell look at another game series from the PSOne era that's actually doing it right. Parasite Eve. We've known since PE2 that the potential for a sequel was out there and for many years we waited. Low and behold here it is for PSP, not a console product but still a Sony product. Now you have Megaman Legends jumping ship. It's like Kingdom Hearts set the example and for some reason everyone and their dog wants to ride the same trick pony. The horse's legs have to give out sometime.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »

Actually you're just proving my point. During the NES era Megaman was a Nintendo-Only thing. You didn't have to buy every console on the market just in case Megaman 5 went somewhere different than Megaman 4. Not to mention I don't lump all the Megaman games under one "brand". For example during the PSOne era one could always count on Megaman X sequels being on PSOne while you could like wise count on numerical sequels to Megaman Battlenet Work being a Nintendo thing. The two never really jumped sides with the exception of Megaman Command Mission, but that was eventually brought to both sides of the pond.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 11:31:38 PM »

Um...

Wow.  I don't think I've seen a more blindingly oblivious statement in a long time.

Megaman was on all Nintendo consoles during the NES era because the NES was the best selling console.

Then they went to the SNES because the SNES was the best-selling console.

Then they went to the PS1, because guess what?  It was the best selling console.

There has NEVER been a system of "brand loyalty" among game developers, game developers simply develop games for whatever system makes the most business sense.  And by business sense, I mean it makes the most money for the developer.  Yeah, we've had series that have only showed up on certain consoles, but 99% of the time that's because those consoles were the most popular at the time.  Parasite Eve was a "Playstation series" because Playstation was the most profitable system at the time.  It's moved to the PSP because it's more profitable to develop for the handheld, and because S-E didn't think it was a good fit for the type of game that sells well on the DS.

There's nothing more to it then that, and thinking there IS more to it then that is silly.

You don't have to own every console and every handheld to play a series, you just generally have to own the most popular or the most successful one to do so.  It's not the developer's fault that this title has switched hands several times over the years, and it's not really anyone's fault that no system holds that title in the clear anymore.  In fact, I don't know why it would be a "fault" to begin with, having market diversity is a GOOD thing, last time I checked.

People really will complain about fucking everything.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: