Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 11:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327639 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3?  (Read 6653 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 11:35:18 PM »

This is absurd. It's not like the PS/PS2 era where there was a clear cut "winner." Every system is economically viable, and it makes sense to put games on systems that will be most benecial to both companies and consumers. If it were up to people like you, everything would be on one system and every other system can rot in hell. You would rather have the monopolistic practices of companies like Nintendo durng the NES days return instead of allowing developers free reignm just so you can have an easier time. The fact that we're even gettin MML3 is huge, yet people are acting like a bunch of little bitches about it. Would you rather we don't get the game at all?

Grow a pair and get over it.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 11:40:37 PM »

This is absurd. It's not like the PS/PS2 era where there was a clear cut "winner." Every system is economically viable, and it makes sense to put games on systems that will be most benecial to both companies and consumers. If it were up to people like you, everything would be on one system and every other system can rot in hell. You would rather have the monopolistic practices of companies like Nintendo durng the NES days return instead of allowing developers free reignm just so you can have an easier time. The fact that we're even gettin MML3 is huge, yet people are acting like a bunch of little bitches about it. Would you rather we don't get the game at all?

Grow a pair and get over it.

Funny, I never said anywhere that I wanted "everything on one console". I said that I desired a clear cut console identity for game series so that I know what I'm getting into when I buy a console. Nintendo can have it's long line of great titles, so can Sony, so can Microsoft. Hell so can Apple. I honestly don't care who gets it so long as it stays in place for the duration of the generation or two. The PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era was a great example of this and all three did well enough that I fail to see how "monopolistic" could apply to the scenario at all.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:42:17 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MML3 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel MML3 for 3DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This is the second most retarded statement have read on this thread (the first being ZeronHitaro's piracy comment, but that's already been pointed out).

It's a good thing we have self-proclaimed 'experts' here to pigeonhole the Japanese people into ridiculous stereotypes for us.  Obviously by this logic Final Fantasy VII must have been a huge failure since nobody would buy it after Square 'screwed over' their fans by not putting it on a Nintendo system.  I won't bother to check the sales numbers on that because who needs facts when you have absurd stereotypes?  I'm sure somebody at Square had to commit seppuku to make up for it.

Also, nobody is being screwed here.  It's ridiculous to think that putting a sequel on a different system is even an issue when the game it was a sequel to is already two generations out of date.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50:21 PM »

Kid yourself if you want, but the only must own console last gen was the PS2. The other consoles just couldn't compare, in terms of library. I would much rather have console library diversity than what we had last gen.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MML3 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel MML3 for 3DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This is the second most retarded statement have read on this thread (the first being ZeronHitaro's piracy comment, but that's already been pointed out).

It's a good thing we have self-proclaimed 'experts' here to pigeonhole the Japanese people into ridiculous stereotypes for us.  Obviously by this logic Final Fantasy VII must have been a huge failure since nobody would buy it after Square 'screwed over' their fans by not putting it on a Nintendo system.  I won't bother to check the sales numbers on that because who needs facts when you have absurd stereotypes?  I'm sure somebody at Square had to commit seppuku to make up for it.

Also, nobody is being screwed here.  It's ridiculous to think that putting a sequel on a different system is even an issue when the game it was a sequel to is already two generations out of date.
Dude... I hate to break this to you, but tha post was a joke. It's based off an internet joke rant when FF13 went multiplatform.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »

This is gold. Hold this train of thought, I need moar popcorn.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:50 PM »

Dude... I hate to break this to you, but tha post was a joke. It's based off an internet joke rant when FF13 went multiplatform.

Oops, guess my sarcasm detector isn't working right today.  That does make me feel better, though...

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2010, 11:59:05 PM »

Obviously by this logic Final Fantasy VII must have been a huge failure since nobody would buy it after Square 'screwed over' their fans by not putting it on a Nintendo system.

There's a bit of a difference between shifting a series at the start of a generation and in the middle of a generation. FFVII wasn't that big of an issue because it was early in the console's life cycle and basically said "Hey, we're Sony and we have Final Fantasy this generation. Keep that in mind before buying your console because if you want to play Final Fantasy you need to come with us."

I'm sure there might've been a difference if FF VII was kept under total wraps until halfway through the life cycles of the systems only to be sprung only after most consumers had bought their console of choice.

Kid yourself if you want, but the only must own console last gen was the PS2. The other consoles just couldn't compare, in terms of library. I would much rather have console library diversity than what we had last gen.

Honestly I'm not in 100% agreement with that. Was PS2 by far the more impressive of the three consoles? Yes. But despite being a PS2 owner there were plenty of titles on the Gamecube and the Xbox that made me look over and go "Wow...I wish I had that instead right now." from time to time. You can have console diversity without taking the titles of Game Adventure's 1-5 and tossing them one at a time into random hats and deciding "Whichever hat they land in is the system we'll publish on!" ala Kingdom Hearts.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2010, 12:03:22 AM »

Oops, guess my sarcasm detector isn't working right today.  That does make me feel better, though...

Yup, see for yourself!

Anyways, we had games jumping across platforms all the time even within a single generation. You had Klonoa on GBA and PS2, you had Castlevania on Everything, and even Mega Man didn't stay to a single platform TOO much. Getting angry about that is the stupidest non-multiplatform console switch to get angry about.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2010, 12:04:09 AM »

There's a bit of a difference between shifting a series at the start of a generation and in the middle of a generation.

What the hell?  The system isn't even out yet.  And the last one was a friggin PS1 game.  Please explain to me how this is anything like switching in 'the middle of a generation'.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 12:05:10 AM »

Also: the only other probable alternative is the PSP2. Which no one owns yet, so you're not being screwed by making the 'wrong choice' yet.

Anyways, disregarding the business angle developers may want to do something specific on one console that can't be done on another, which is the true ideal for platform releases and exclusivity. The 3DS has power no other handheld has, and 3D would probably help a lot for a Mega Man that actually takes place in a 3D space. Failing that, the 3D gimmick and getting out in a relatively timely manner on the 3DS means it'll have visibility it wouldn't have on the PSP at this point. Hell, who knows, maybe the PSP2 will be unveiled and Capcom will announce "Oh hey you can get this on PSP2 as well", making this whole thing extraordinarily idiotic when hindsight kicks in.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:08:37 AM by Eusis » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 12:07:28 AM »

There's a bit of a difference between shifting a series at the start of a generation and in the middle of a generation.

What the hell?  The system isn't even out yet.  And the last one was a friggin PS1 game.  Please explain to me how this is anything like switching in 'the middle of a generation'.

Because I count generations by Home Consoles rather than handhelds. And even if it's in "3D" it's still being marketed as DS, so pretty much the same handheld we're had since the original DS. Unless there's some major change to the console besides adding the 3D gimmick I don't see how this handheld is anymore of a "Generation Jump" than the DS to the DSi wasn't.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »

You hate Nintendo.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2010, 12:12:53 AM »

What the fuck. The 3DS isn'tout yet and it's been one generation cycle. By your own rationale your argument doesn't hold water. You're just pissed because it's on a system you don't own.
You can have console diversity without taking the titles of Game Adventure's 1-5 and tossing them one at a time into random hats and deciding "Whichever hat they land in is the system we'll publish on!" ala Kingdom Hearts.
Except Nintendo paid S-E to make 358/2 Days for the DS. Nomura is a well know Sony fanboy and Sony systems have always been his primary focus, barring corporate meddling. This "trend" you're bitching about doesn't exist.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:48 AM »

x.x

You're gonna fight this battle to the bitter end, aren't you?

It's on a handheld. I'm sure Nintendo are very, very sorry that you won't be playing their game - As it is not up to your standards...or whatever you are trying to say.

EDIT: Oh, also - you are wrong about the 3DS, if you look at some of the information, you will see it is significantly improved.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:16:20 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: