Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341172 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3?  (Read 7265 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:09 AM »

Unless there's some major change to the console besides adding the 3D gimmick I don't see how this handheld is anymore of a "Generation Jump" than the DS to the DSi wasn't.

Don't bother replying until you've watched this.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »

Actually my "standards" have nothing to do with it. XD I'm perfectly fine with Nintendo as a company and with their products. The only thing stopping me from purchasing a DS is monetary problems and life expenses.

I'm not upset Nintendo has the product, I'm just irked and the unpredictability of what games go where this generation and more than slightly irked at myself for assuming certain titles that seemed steadfast Sony titles didn't roll over.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »

Unless there's some major change to the console besides adding the 3D gimmick I don't see how this handheld is anymore of a "Generation Jump" than the DS to the DSi wasn't.

Don't bother replying until you've watched this.

So...basically it's PSP graphics with the stylus gameplay tacked on and supposedly the ability to project 3D images during gameplay? Honestly my eyes aren't really that great when it comes to picking out "graphical superiority" this generation so if I'm off base with this assumption you'll have to correct me.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 12:24:28 AM »

There's a bit of a difference between shifting a series at the start of a generation and in the middle of a generation.
Then what's your problem with this game? Even if 3DS wasn't the start of a new generation, DS and PS1 aren't part of the same generation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:28:14 AM by jj984jj » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 12:29:07 AM »

Dice found ANOTHER video to summarize this thread!!!

IN HERE!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »

There's a bit of a difference between shifting a series at the start of a generation and in the middle of a generation.
Then what's your problem with this game?

With the game itself? My views on console jumping aside I actually do have one valid concern about the game at present (But DS an PSP are part of the same generation, and are within the two generation range I consider to be reasonable for a series to stick with a company): It's on a handheld.

Now I actually have valid reasoning for this. Anyone whose played the original MMLs should at least remember the basic control scheme. The handhelds this generation are about two shoulder buttons and one analog stick short of being able to operate with the same reliability. No second stick and no shoulder buttons means the lock-on or the camera/manual aiming is going to suffer.

Plus there's the fact that the DS's primary control is the stylus. I want to play MML with a stylus about as much as I want to play Starfox with a stylus.

Sure they probably will find some surprising way to circumvent these issues but immediately these concerns fill me with a small amount of apprehension.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:31:35 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »

So...basically it's PSP graphics with the stylus gameplay tacked on and supposedly the ability to project 3D images during gameplay? Honestly my eyes aren't really that great when it comes to picking out "graphical superiority" this generation so if I'm off base with this assumption you'll have to correct me.
Reading the writings smashed out by a retarded blind monkey with a keyboard taped to its wrists is preferable to your intensely stupid diatribes.

It's like you're saying the PS2 to PS3 jump just involves prettier graphics.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:33 AM »

IN HERE!!

I was listening to the FF8 soundtrack (I don't make a habit of it, i'm not a big game music fan, I was just in the mood) and "Succession of the Witches" was playing when I watched that.

Safe to say, Starmongoose doesn't like cats that much anymore. (Though my problem with them probably started when I watched my aunt's cat commit suicide)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »

IN HERE!!

I was listening to the FF8 soundtrack (I don't make a habit of it, i'm not a big game music fan, I was just in the mood) and "Succession of the Witches" was playing when I watched that.

Safe to say, Starmongoose doesn't like cats that much anymore. (Though my problem with them probably started when I watched my aunt's cat commit suicide)

That's a pretty strange kitty Starmon.  I wouldn't have it add to your "dislike" of them, that's just the exception of quite a few sweet kitties!

Or we can counter it - MAY THIS HELP IN IT's ADORABLENESS!!!
Doctor Stephie comes in to save the day of Kittyphobia.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »

Reading the writings smashed out by a retarded blind monkey with a keyboard taped to its wrists is preferable to your intensely stupid diatribes.

It's like you're saying the PS2 to PS3 jump just involves prettier graphics.

Well pardon me for not having a list of changed features at my beck and call 24/7 when the video presented to provide evidence of these led to my simplification of the product. Really now I ask a sincere question and that's the reply? There are many things I could say in response to that but will refrain from doing so simply on the assumption that you're a civil individual only giving into a bout of irrational temper.

Really all that video showed was a handheld machine like the DS with PSP level graphics and an analog stick. I know nothing about the machine except what little marketing I've seen so any differences that are not superficial will have to be explained.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2010, 12:44:44 AM »

@Dice: I should probably stop listening to the music before watching your videos, it can only make the video seem completely sinister.

Don't believe me? Play these simultaneously.

That dog was fighting some serious demons in his head, with that music in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUhY_DFxWgw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzMAXqu8qU

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2010, 12:46:59 AM »

Roughly, though the framerate seems a lot smoother than I've seen with most PSP games. Compared to the DS the vault in graphical quality's huge, easily comparable to the PS1 to PS2 jump even when factoring out 3D, and since carts are a lot bigger (a starting cap of 2 gigabytes rather than a starting cap of 128 Megabytes that expanded to 512) this is definitely going to be akin to getting MML3 on the PS2 aside from the lack of a second analog.

Anyways, since you didn't own a DS you're obviously kind of ignorant about it. Quite a few games didn't focus on the stylus, or even really used it, so at most I'd only expect using it to aim and shoot in MML, and they might not even do that in favor of a more streamlined control setup.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2010, 12:49:30 AM »

You know, I came here to post in jubilation of Mega Man Vollnut finally getting a ride off that spacestation to kick Reaverbot ass and chew bubblegum (and occasionally accidentally walk in on his adopted sister right after her shower) only to find 4 pages of trolls trollin', retarded fandumb, assholes taking the trollbait, and a in depth discussion on pets (and the suicides therein).

I'm just going to leave this here and let ya'll go back to your regularly scheduled fanwanking.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2010, 12:51:05 AM »

But DS an PSP are part of the same generation, and are within the two generation range I consider to be reasonable for a series to stick with a company
Wut? Are you making this up on the spot? XD

Then what's your problem with this game?

With the game itself? My views on console jumping aside I actually do have one valid concern about the game at present (But DS an PSP are part of the same generation, and are within the two generation range I consider to be reasonable for a series to stick with a company): It's on a handheld.

Now I actually have valid reasoning for this. Anyone whose played the original MMLs should at least remember the basic control scheme. The handhelds this generation are about two shoulder buttons and one analog stick short of being able to operate with the same reliability. No second stick and no shoulder buttons means the lock-on or the camera/manual aiming is going to suffer.

Plus there's the fact that the DS's primary control is the stylus. I want to play MML with a stylus about as much as I want to play Starfox with a stylus.

Sure they probably will find some surprising way to circumvent these issues but immediately these concerns fill me with a small amount of apprehension.
It's hard to believe any MML fan would be worried about camera and controls, but the stylus is not the primary control method on the DS so there's no reason for you to worry that they won't use the analog stick for movement and try to make everything as convenient as possible.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »

Roughly, though the framerate seems a lot smoother than I've seen with most PSP games. Compared to the DS the vault in graphical quality's huge, easily comparable to the PS1 to PS2 jump even when factoring out 3D, and since carts are a lot bigger (a starting cap of 2 gigabytes rather than a starting cap of 128 Megabytes that expanded to 512) this is definitely going to be akin to getting MML3 on the PS2 aside from the lack of a second analog.

Anyways, since you didn't own a DS you're obviously kind of ignorant about it. Quite a few games didn't focus on the stylus, or even really used it, so at most I'd only expect using it to aim and shoot in MML, and they might not even do that in favor of a more streamlined control setup.

Well, I did own a DS at one point. But this was waaaaay back when it first came out and about the only reason I kept it around was to play the Phoenix Wright games. So it's been a long time since I've even looked at one's gameplay videos.  I'll probably wait and see how MML3 turns out and what the price tag is on the system before considering whether or not to nuke the PSP and 360 to get it. Thanks for the information. ^_^

Wut? Are you making this up on the spot? XD

It's hard to believe any MML fan would be worried about camera and controls, but the stylus is not the primary control method on the DS so there's no reason for you to worry that they won't use the analog stick for movement and try to make everything as convenient as possible.

No, that's actually something I mentioned in a post a few posts ago or so...I've stopped counting and it doesn't matter enough to try and dig it up now. XP I've had my bark on the subject and I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of it out of my system.

Really? Maybe it was just me then but I thought the MML 1 & 2 controls and camera were pretty decent. If they weren't I guess I just adjusted to them to the point where I didn't notice any flaws. I don't think I'm too worried about them using the analog stick for movement. Although the proximity of the analog to the D-pad looks a bit small. I'm hoping you don't have to switch between the two often. >>;
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:54:23 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: