Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330182 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mega Man Legends 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3?  (Read 6772 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2010, 02:30:52 AM »

That'd probably be less relevant for MML3 since it's getting an upgrade in scope as is (PS1 single CD games, about 650 Megabytes at most, moving to a PS2-level system with 2 gigabytes to use) and sometimes that additional power can become a burden instead of a boon. As an extreme example just look at Final Fantasy XIII and what it showed for being developed for 5 or so years.

That, and forcing yourself to hold back can help design even when you think it wouldn't. Peace Walker trimmed MGS4's design and is a stronger game for it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:33:06 AM by Eusis » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »

He's just looking for a reason to argue in bad faith like he usually does. Good chance he doesn't actually believe half the crap he's spewing right now.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2010, 02:45:03 AM »

If you're at loss to counter my arguments, don't throw out petty insults. It's nice to see you have nothing constructive to say.
There's a word that describes you adequately. It starts with "H" and ends in "ypocrite."

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2010, 02:46:09 AM »

Hah. Not really. It's simply called having to feed six mouths on one sub-standard paycheck. If I want the latest and greatest stuff I have to give up the old to make with the new. That means when I buy something new I have to make damn sure it's what I want. XD

Okay, THAT I can definitely empathize with. It makes a much stronger argument than your whole brand loyalty crap. I wouldn't agree but I also wouldn't think you're an idiot for it.

Brand loyalty was probably the wrong argument tactic for me to take. I have ideas and usually they're valid but often times between the brain and the keys (or mouth) they become disjointed. XP Sorry if it seemed like I was stirring the pot. The initial "ZOMG it's on 3DS!" was a bit of a kneejerk but that good old fashioned bickering helped work that out.

Actually something that's been kind of bugging me since the whole MML3 thing came up. Yes, it's a nitpick, but it's one I kinda find important. What art style do you think they will use for MML3? Megaman games in general over the past couple of years or so have been getting some...weird make overs. Mega Man Powered Up and Mega Man Universe come to mind. Do you think they'll go for more a "serious" (I use the word lightly) art style or the quasi-cartoony style that was prominent in those games (and honestly shows up in a fair amount of DS titles I've seen from browsing the cases during window shopping sessions).
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2010, 02:54:04 AM »

If you're at loss to counter my arguments, don't throw out petty insults. It's nice to see you have nothing constructive to say.
There's a word that describes you adequately. It starts with "H" and ends in "ypocrite."

i like how he says that after he quotes my earlier post because apparently there was something in there he thinks was worth responding to

so let me get this right thoren

you are someone who has little faith in the current development of big games in japan and a big part of the problem is sequelitis and spending too much time on keeping up with the graphics and design scale of current gen

and you want them to bring back a cult game that has had no entry for a decade and make what would probably be an overproduced sequel on a big console

yep that makes perfect sense
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:55:54 AM by Hathen » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 02:57:29 AM »

You've wounded me to the core, I've never been insulted by rabid fanboys before. Oh the humanity.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2010, 03:03:00 AM »

It's kind of too late for that, isn't it? You've already pretty much lost it. This is just you trying to save what's left of your dignity.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2010, 03:03:45 AM »

People, Legends 3 wouldn't been possible on a big console. I've always thought that if Legends 3 was made at all it would have been develop for the Wii or some Nintendo handheld. And the 3DS is in perfect timing to rescue my (and all of the Legends fans) hopes to make this possible.

Quit trolling.

Your attitude is quite annoying sometimes. But hey! what do I know right? I'm the idiot who is trolling.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2010, 03:05:39 AM »

Your attitude is quite annoying sometimes. But hey! what do I know right? I'm the idiot who is trolling.
My day job involves explaining things that a 10-year-old should know to grown men and women, it gets quite annoying when people who (ostensibly) know better act like morons.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »

My day job involves explaining things that a 10-year-old should know to grown men and women, it gets quite annoying when people who (ostensibly) know better act like morons.

Bringing your "hate" to the Internet is useless.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2010, 03:12:47 AM »

Bringing your "hate" to the Internet is useless.
I'm saying that I hate it when people who claim to be intelligent act stupid. With Zeton, I can admit that his thoughts are understandable. With other people here, not so much.

Thoren - I don't see how that is relevant other than proving you're a creepy ass stalker. I'm really bad at Halo 3. So... ?

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2010, 03:13:45 AM »

i like how when someone points out thoren's stupidity he either posts pictures/ass-pulled arguments in response or ignores it completely

just shows how clever he is
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2010, 03:16:10 AM »

Every picture I've posted was a relevant reply. It isn't my fault you cannot grasp my sophisticated posting style.
Declaration: MML3 is fine on 3DS.
Retort: Your Halo 3 ranking sucks! Nyah!

Yeah, makes perfect sense... you've completely entered stark raving fanboy territory.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »

It's hysterical how you've broken down to just insulting me now that you've run out of arguements in your defense.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2010, 03:19:37 AM »

Every picture I've posted was a relevant reply. It isn't my fault you cannot grasp my sophisticated posting style.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: