Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:09:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335277 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  I have too many games to play!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: I have too many games to play!!!  (Read 3801 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:49:40 PM »

I've been feeling nostalgic lately and wanted to go back and play all my Dreamcast, PS1/PS2 and N64 games but I have alot of new games to play.  Here is a list of games I have yet to play, and its insane because there are too many games coming out at once.  Here we go,lol:

Playstation 3 Games
-3D Dot Game Heroes (Currently Playing)
-God of War Collection
-God of War III
-Uncharted 2
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Wii
Metroid Trilogy
Super Paper Mario

PSP
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II (Ive beaten these on the Origins collection)
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Star Ocean: First Departure
Star Ocean: Second Evolution

DS
Mega Man Zero Collection
Dragon Quest IV
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans
Front Mission DS

PS2
Front Mission 4
Legaia 2: Dual Saga
Haunting Ground
Star Ocean
Okage
Odin Sphere
Dragon Quest VIII

PS1
Front Mission 3
Legend of Legaia (Bought it in 1999, but stopped playing)

So yeah, I think this is too much to play with what I have but I keep telling myself, "just play one at a time". I just finished the Xenosaga Trilogy which took me about over a month to complete and it was an amazing experience. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:51:16 PM by Ivalice Alliance » Logged

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »

Um, I don't see the problem. Play one, finish it, pick up another, finish that? I mean, they aren't going to disappear while you play another game. Just take your time. There is going to be a drought of good games at some point, and you will be glad you have all these good games you want to play but didn't get around to it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 02:57:26 PM »

Less bitching, more gaming.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

Less bitching, more gaming.

This. Also, I have a huge backlog too, going back to PS1 days at least. I realized a long time ago that I'm never going to play all these games, which is not stopping me from adding new titles to my collection on an ongoing basis. I play one console/one handheld game at a time and complete everything I start.  It's supposed to be fun, not some sort of mission to play every game in the universe.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:05:56 PM by supersonic » Logged
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't really meaning to bitch but just annoyed,lol.  Just sucks because I only get about 2-4 hours of gaming a day because of my 16 hour work days :(

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 03:43:57 PM »

That's not even a tenth of my backlog.  Come back when you have more than an appetizer.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »

Don't turn this into some kind of backlog pissing contest.  I feel your pain, Ivalice.  I think we've all been there.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »

So you have games like U2 and GOW3 sitting around but you'd rather play old games that you already played and then complain that you're backlog is growing too big? OK.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »

If I want to clear some games from my backlog I try to find if one of my friends has the game but has yet to complete it. This usually gives me the motivation to try to beat it first. I do not rush playing, it is just I am less likely to suddenly switch to another game.

Maybe it is slightly petty but it is not as if I tell the other person there is a secret competition going on.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »

I feel like im being hated on now.  Im in the process of beating these but with work and all, I only get to play a few hours through the week.  THATS my biggest gripe.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »

I have a backlog and haven't made a dent in 20 or so months (found other hobbies, etc.) Mine's only 40 games or so, but at least I cherry pick games these days (instead of buying everything above average.)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »

I know what you mean. I work in a gaming store too so you can imagine how often I buy stuff.

Click the image in my signature. It's a site called Backloggery designed to help you make progress through your backlog of games! It's good fun to use.

jalexbrown

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 11:34:15 AM »

I too have a huge backlog of games, and most of them are - surprise, surprise - RPGs.  The only time I ever feel overwhelmed is when I'm picking a game to play; while I'm playing something, my backlog doesn't stare at me and accuse me of anything.  Just pick a game and play.  Your backlog isn't going to play itself, and you wouldn't want it to do that anyways.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

Yeah, I try NOT to get myself overwhelmed.  Thats just all I can is just play one at a time but not rush, have fun with the games.

jalexbrown

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »

Yeah, I try NOT to get myself overwhelmed.  Thats just all I can is just play one at a time but not rush, have fun with the games.
Well, I <i>do</i> sometimes play more than one game at a time; right now I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Age Origins.  Of course when you have at least 15 hours a day of free time every day, it's easier to juggle 'em.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: