Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 11:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327640 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  drunk thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: drunk thread  (Read 23212 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 01:36:22 AM »

What's worse than a dead baby?

Whatever the fuck anime I'm watching on Adult Swim right now. Jesus christ this is weird.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 08:38:12 AM »

What's the anime called?

What's worse than a hundred dead babies nailed to a tree? One dead baby nailed to a hundred trees. <-- the one joke that stuck with me, it's horrible. :(

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »

What's worse than a hundred dead babies nailed to a tree? One dead baby nailed to a hundred trees. <-- the one joke that stuck with me, it's horrible. :(

That is horrible. But, actually, I think 100 dead babies is still worse.

Oh, and I have never been drunk because I don't drink. :P

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »

I got drunk once, but that was a long time ago, and it's gonna be my first and last.

Overall I don't drink due to health reasons. I'm glad I'm not the only one in this forum who doesn't drink. :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 10:12:22 AM »

I got drunk once, but that was a long time ago, and it's gonna be my first and last.

Overall I don't drink due to health reasons. I'm glad I'm not the only one in this forum who doesn't drink. :P

:)

We need a "people who don't get drunk" topic now.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 10:28:24 AM »

:)

We need a "people who don't get drunk" topic now.

I went straightedge back in January.  I used to love to drink (used to smoke and do drugs too, but quitting those was 3000 times easier than stopping drinking).  I have my share of drunk stories and I did drunk-post in the final minutes of the Valentine's Day 2009 thread and lost the best romance novel avatar contest because of drunken stupidity.  That entire thread was a beautiful trainwreck.  Granted, it makes no sense now since we have "normal" avatars.   http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=5371.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:34:22 AM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »

Haven't gotten drunk in ages... I don't really like it anymore. it just gets kind of embarrassing and generally gross when you have too much. :P

I mean I'll likely still drink from time to time, just not enough to get wasted.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 01:10:34 PM »

I've tasted alcohol before but I don't drink for personal and religious reasons. I make enough bad mistakes when I'm sober, at any rate. :P

Not drinking (or going "straightedge", like Neal) can be a bit of a social dilemma- liquor is a huge part of British culture, from what I've seen, so sometimes I'm the only one in the room with her head screwed on right. It's a wonder that they don't raise liquor taxes over here. Then again, cheap liquor keeps the general public satisfied/distracted.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »

What's worse than a dead baby nailed to a tree?

A live baby nailed to a tree.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »

Straightedge= don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs.  Other people who claim 'edge go beyond those precepts to include not engaging in promiscuous sex, adopting a vegetarian or vegan diet, or not consuming caffeine or prescription drugs.  

For me, I just do the don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and don't engage in promiscuous sex.  I don't like to drink soda, but I'll bite the bullet if that's the only non-alcoholic offering.  Soda still tastes absolutely nasty to me.  I gotta have my afternoon cup of good coffee, though.  And I'm not vegetarian.  

My friends in the local punk scene are really supportive since many of us are vegetarian, vegan, edge, or whatever.  What surprised me was that while all my peers think it's great that I'm 'edge, it was my cousins at a mini family reunion a few weeks ago who repeatedly kept pressuring me to have a beer with them, not quite "getting" that I take 'edge seriously.  Like Nuri said, it gets hard sometimes when the center of any social scene is a bar or some sort of event involving drinking.  I don't enjoy going out to bars any more, because I don't drink.  It gets hard when "normal" people think you're strange because you don't drink.  Of course, anyone who's a vegetarian probably gets it worse because meat is key to the diets of most world cultures.  

I used to drink a fair bit.  I LOVED beer and was into beer tasting (I loved ales, porters, and stouts.)  I still have notes on some of the beers I've had.  I tried going a month without drinking last August just to see how I felt (at the time I was limiting myself to 1 beer a week), but after that month I had massive beer cravings.  Then back in late December last year or early January this year, I cracked a bottle of Dogfish Head (one of my personal favorite beers) and it tasted like poison to me.  That's when I knew it was the right time for me to go 'edge.  It's not an easy commitment, but I don't miss booze one bit.  I also learned recently that alcoholism runs in my dad's side of the family so I dodged that bullet big time. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:35:43 PM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

The wife and I share a bottle of wine on Saturday night. Two glasses of wine = tipsy, but far from drunk. I have never had any interest in taking it any further. Even when I was younger I never hung out with people who drank much. We had all sorts of fun without it.

If you can't party without alcohol, you don't know how to party.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 01:36:24 PM »

My partner and I have a bottle of wine with Sunday dinner. That's all though.

I do get drunk at Hogmanay (New Years) though.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:38:12 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

Actually I'm a teetotaler vegetarian !!

i just get drunk on life.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

Dincrest I just lost all respect for you man :(
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 09:14:42 AM »

I tried sobriety for 3 and a half years. It was ok but I like the taste of my beers and a good whisky or scotch once in a while. I get drunk maybe 3 or 4 times a year; most of the time I stay at a constant buzz. My tolerance for alcohol is pretty high. Takes a lot to get me loaded.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: