Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338650 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter Confirmed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter Confirmed  (Read 2665 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/24/street-fighter-x-tekken-and-tekken-x-street-fighter-confirmed/

During the Super Street Fighter IV panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, Capcom producer, Yoshinori Ono, pulled the curtain back on the another fighting title being produced by the company in collaboration with Namco Bandai.

Actually, make that two fighting game titles. The first, titled Street Fighter X Tekken, is being built on the Street Fighter IV engine at the Capcom end, under Ono’s supervision. The other is titled Tekken X Street Fighter and is being developed by Namco by Tekken series producer, Katsuhiro Harada.

In short, the rumours were true. Both games are being developed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »

Pretty crazy indeed.  I can't help but wonder if this is going to be the new trend.  Dare I say SF vs. Mortal Kombat, DoA or VF in the years to come?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »

Really hope it doesn't turn into a Street Fighter 4 game with Namco characters involved.  Whatever mechanic they showed at the end of their gameplay video certainly wouldn't freshen up the gameplay enough for me personally.  It's early in the dev cycle so hopefully there is something to make it stand out from Super.

Oh well.  At least they are talking about adding 3S to XBLA/PSN in the future.  Sucks it's not CvS2 though.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »

There's a gameplay vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U7jZ-qMfI

It looks really cool, actually. Looks like there's ground rolls, and a lot of other Tekken only gameplay mechanics. It look a lot more offensive than SSFIV. I groaned when I heard that they were making this, but now I'm fairly impressed. I'm not a huge fan of Tekken. I stopped playing after Tekken 3, but I never had anything against the games. It would be funny if they put Kuma in the game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »

Really wasn't expecting this. I think it's pretty cool.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

I really wish it wasn't just Tekken and SF.  Capcom and Namco have so many great characters from their other games, it feels like a waste to just use ones from those two franchises.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition was the big announcement for me. Time to parry online!

I really wish it wasn't just Tekken and SF.  Capcom and Namco have so many great characters from their other games, it feels like a waste to just use ones from those two franchises.

There's this game called "Namco X Capcom" and... oh wait, your avatar is from that game. Nevermind.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »

It's also not a fighting game, and it's also not out in the US.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »

It's also not a fighting game, and it's also not out in the US.

But there is a translation patch.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »

Honestly, I think this is a great announcement. Mainstream quality fighting games have been lacking in recent years and this might be what the fighting genre needed to reboot in a sense. Also, the gameplay footage for Street Fighter X Tekken looked smooth and faster paced then Street Fighter 4 which is good. I'm not a HUGE fan of Street Fighter gameplay mechanics, but the game basically towers over any recent fighting game.

Now I just need an announcement of a new Soul Calibur, because customizing your own character in a fighting game is BAD ASS.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »

They're obviously saving that for the sequel. All these new MvC3 characters could've been in the prequel but then there wouldn't be anything new to put in this one. Tekken will be enough to sell this one. Expect soul calibur in the next.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »

Honestly, I think this is a great announcement. Mainstream quality fighting games have been lacking in recent years and this might be what the fighting genre needed to reboot in a sense. Also, the gameplay footage for Street Fighter X Tekken looked smooth and faster paced then Street Fighter 4 which is good. I'm not a HUGE fan of Street Fighter gameplay mechanics, but the game basically towers over any recent fighting game.

Despite the game being far far away (Ono said 2 years away), I really don't ever see this game being called a reboot in any fashion.  Even if they spruce it up and add mechanics, it's still going to feel like S/SF4 unless something drastically changes.  As far as being faster paced, as a fairly regular S/SF4 player, it looks exactly the same speed (but obviously subject to change).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »

Interesting interview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-29-capcom-talks-street-fighter-x-tekken-interview?page=1

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »

Cammy:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2011/05/street-fighter-x-tekken-new-challenger/

Yes! I love Cammy!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

Everyone loves dat ass. :)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: