Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2016, 05:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
244145 Posts in 7306 Topics by 2386 Members
Latest Member: Richard111
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Witch and the Hundred Knight coming to PS4 March 1st - $40
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Witch and the Hundred Knight coming to PS4 March 1st - $40  (Read 1327 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/13/the-witch-and-the-hundred-knight-revival-edition-hits-ps4-march-1st/

"If you were one of the Prinnies that hopped in and duked it out last year, you’ll be familiar with Metallia. In Revival Edition, you’ll finally be able to take control of the dastardly witch herself and raise Cain in Medea! She has some pretty awesome magic skills to do things like call down lightning, create a vortex to draw in enemies, or summon a massive sword to slice and dice her way through the Tower of Illusion."

You can vote on the cover too.

https://www.facebook.com/NISAmericaInc/app_303561899745219
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:48:00 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

I love Metallia as a character, but I really don't know if I want to play through this game again. It was okay for the most part, but a lot of it dragged on for too long and I don't feel like there's a lot of replay value.

Will still probably get this, and probably the LE no less, because my love of Metallia is just that great.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »

It looks like the one boxart I don't really like is winning so far. :c

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »

It'll be nice if this game is actually playable, unlike it's PS3 counterpart. I got struck by the 'crash to home' bug every 20-30 minutes. Since they never felt bothered to patch it you can understand why if my trust of this game is a bit...shaky. Until proven otherwise.
Klyde Chroma
LVL. 44 Scratch ticket Ninja

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »

I love Metallia as a character, but I really don't know if I want to play through this game again. It was okay for the most part, but a lot of it dragged on for too long and I don't feel like there's a lot of replay value.

Will still probably get this, and probably the LE no less, because my love of Metallia is just that great.

Your love of Metallia may have secretly sold me on this. I didn't play the first release but if they iron out the things I read about that scared me away I may be on bored based purely on your reverence of the Witch herself Klutz.

Silly question but, does it feel good to move and hit things? I love how "smooth" a game like diablo feels but Diablo III lacks that satisfying feeling of hits IMPACTING enemies. I know this is a strange inquiry but I can't get an idea of how responsive it feels based on video.

Also, how story heavy would you say this is? Can I enjoy it without paying uber close attention? Something like this I think would be more enjoyable with a less demanding narrative for me.

We will never know world peace until 3 people can simultaneously look each other in the eye.

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 08:17:16 PM »

Honestly, it was probably the narrative that kept me going through it. Yeah, near the end there does start to become an element of trying to collect all the best loot but ultimately there isn't really anything satisfying about the gameplay. Quite the opposite, really, as most of the time it starts to just turn into annoyingly trying to hurry up and take down a bunch of damage sponges so you can move on to the next group of damage sponges. Some of the bosses were kind of fun, but again the second half of the game just does everything it can to wear you down. My strategy for the final boss ended up being getting to a level where it's first form couldn't really hurt me and then just filling my inventory with healing items for the second form and wailing on it until it died, with no regard for trying to avoid counter attacks.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for, I realize, but I did want to be honest despite my love for the game as a whole.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 02:06:22 AM »

Honestly, it was probably the narrative that kept me going through it. Yeah, near the end there does start to become an element of trying to collect all the best loot but ultimately there isn't really anything satisfying about the gameplay. Quite the opposite, really, as most of the time it starts to just turn into annoyingly trying to hurry up and take down a bunch of damage sponges so you can move on to the next group of damage sponges. Some of the bosses were kind of fun, but again the second half of the game just does everything it can to wear you down. My strategy for the final boss ended up being getting to a level where it's first form couldn't really hurt me and then just filling my inventory with healing items for the second form and wailing on it until it died, with no regard for trying to avoid counter attacks.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for, I realize, but I did want to be honest despite my love for the game as a whole.

Nah, perfect answer really.

I'll still likely play it, now I just have a better idea of where to squeeze it into my agenda. I appreciate the input immensely. Picking this up for a top-down slayer fix would have a proved a let down. Now I know what I am in for. Often times its not that games aren't bad per se, I just play them hoping for one thing and end up with another experience entirely. Thanks man.

We will never know world peace until 3 people can simultaneously look each other in the eye.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »

Nah, perfect answer really.

I'll still likely play it, now I just have a better idea of where to squeeze it into my agenda. I appreciate the input immensely. Picking this up for a top-down slayer fix would have a proved a let down. Now I know what I am in for. Often times its not that games aren't bad per se, I just play them hoping for one thing and end up with another experience entirely. Thanks man.

I know you aren't really into sexualized games, but since you mentioned liking attacks feeling like the impact enemies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_3Hi2Nry0
Plus with the camera zoomed out a bit and all the crazy stuff happening onscreen at times, the sexualization is hard to notice, coupled with being able to customize characters so they're fully clothed.
And if you're turned off ultraviolence, the color of blood can be changed too.

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »

I know you aren't really into sexualized games, but since you mentioned liking attacks feeling like the impact enemies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_3Hi2Nry0
Plus with the camera zoomed out a bit and all the crazy stuff happening onscreen at times, the sexualization is hard to notice, coupled with being able to customize characters so they're fully clothed.
And if you're turned off ultraviolence, the color of blood can be changed too.

I actually want to play that BAD!!

Looks like a lovely blend of Lollipop chainsaw meets Senran Kagura to me. And that is an enticing blend indeed.

I can overlook the sexual nature of things. I'm not into it and admit, it can prove to be somewhat off-putting for me personally but not so much so that it damns the experience.

I cannot justify paying full price for this when I know it will probably only set me back 20 bucks in a month or two so I'm being patient. Thank you for placing this one back on my radar as I'd almost totally forgot about it since it released.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: