Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329495 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Why would I buy a ps4?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why would I buy a ps4?  (Read 146 times)
glassjawsh

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »

For real though, with the MAYBE possible exception of Transistor are there any halfway decent PS4 exclusive RPG's out yet?  What conceivable reason can anyone give me for forking over 400 dollars for a next gen console?

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »

Not really the place to leave this, but seeing as you're not linking to videos of your youtube channel or articles for gaming websites everywhete, I'll reply civily. Ps4 probably isn't the best option for anyome who's looking for good stuff right now. I got mine on a whim and mostly play FFXIV on it. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's the only game I'm currently messing with. A big seller is coming out in a couple weeks, though. Destiny is pretty hot, so there's a good reason to have a next gen console in general (though it handles quite well on the ps3 still). However, if you're just focused on rpgs....i'd tell you to wait a while yet. There's nothing huge out atm, and nothing massive besides destiny coming before christmas probably.

Bear in mind, opinions vary between people...

TASTY!
glassjawsh

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »

Where should I have posted this?

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »

Typically general discussion or the helper monkey would be places these kinds of topics would go. I'm no mod btw, but seeing as again, you're actually not just dropping links everywhere, I figured you weren't a bot and would actually reply, plus I had insight about your ps4 question.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 07:17:49 PM »

Because you're in a room full of kindergarteners and they all have guns leveled at your head and they'll shoot if you don't buy a PS4.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 10:01:32 PM »

You could have said the exact same thing at the start of the PS3's life cycle, but that turned out OK.

But if there's nothing you want on PS4 right now then don't buy one.  Save some money.  Is that a bad thing?

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:13:03 AM »

I have a PS4, got it for Infamous, loved it.  I also loved Marvel Super Heroes, but I don't think that version was any better than the PS3 version.

But for RPGs?  I got nothin.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:36:49 AM »

At the moment the only real reason to pick the PS4 for RPGs is if you want to get the slightly better versions (when compared to the PS3 versions) of multi-platform releases such as Natural Doctrine, Dragon Age Inquisition, or Witcher 3. I believe the first PS4/XBONE generation exclusive RPG (Lords of the Fallen) is coming out soon, but I don't know if that game is going to be any good.

However eventually you are going to want to pick a PS4 up as it will inevitably be the system for RPGs as support for the PS3 generation dies out over the next few years. Some games that you'll need a PS4 or XBONE (although I don't know why you want an XBONE) to play are Final Fantasy Type-0 and Kingdom Hearts 3. More are sure to follow.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:38:09 AM »

Don't forget, RPGs aren't the ONLY games out there man. There are a lot of great ones on the console, the recent port of Diablo 3 happens to be the best version of the game you can get. Infamous was indeed GREAT, and I actually got Skylanders and happen to be greatly enjoying it. The console has a lot to offer, and come October even more to offer. I love RPGS too, but if you really loved them you would get a Vita (if you don't already have one) or 3DS (if you don't already have one)

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
glassjawsh

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Today at 09:49:05 AM »

Don't forget, RPGs aren't the ONLY games out there man. There are a lot of great ones on the console, the recent port of Diablo 3 happens to be the best version of the game you can get. Infamous was indeed GREAT, and I actually got Skylanders and happen to be greatly enjoying it. The console has a lot to offer, and come October even more to offer. I love RPGS too, but if you really loved them you would get a Vita (if you don't already have one) or 3DS (if you don't already have one)

Valid, but sometimes...I just feel too goddamned old to be walking around in public with a handheld.  And I can't remember the last non-rpg not called The Last of Us that I really enjoyed... I Am Alive maybe?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: