Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 04, 2015, 09:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363795 Posts in 14737 Topics by 2303 Members
Latest Member: vaan762
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics?  (Read 2793 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2015, 09:05:22 PM »

I never had a MAJOR issue at Zirekile Falls, though getting mindflayer enemies could be problematic at times. My worst locations for fights were Barius Valley, and the one area you go through in chapter IV after Meliadoul with the long river map and the chocobos...

Fucking hated chocobos in tactics so bad.

Finath River would've been more of an issue if showed up sooner and/or didn't eventually develop an alternate route around (or didn't eventually have two non-random encounter locations adjacent to each other). But that particular fight can be brutal no matter the circumstances.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2015, 11:29:26 PM »

That was like 1 of 2 battles in the entire game where if you over leveled, you would fight monsters that were at your level. And as you know, monsters at higher levels got stronger, but players at higher levels only knew more abilities, and they weren't necessarily stronger for it. To be fair, once you had a coral sword available to you, most equipment would suffice for battles, but even super gear would sometimes leave you fucked if you were dealing...with CHOCOBOS. Seriously, chocoball and chocometeor were so fucking ridiculously strong...I've seen Ramza at 99 on squire with the super escutcheon and maximillian and the best helmet that I forget get 1 shot by a chocoball.

Goddamn chocobos.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2015, 12:46:20 AM »

That was like 1 of 2 battles in the entire game where if you over leveled, you would fight monsters that were at your level. And as you know, monsters at higher levels got stronger, but players at higher levels only knew more abilities, and they weren't necessarily stronger for it. To be fair, once you had a coral sword available to you, most equipment would suffice for battles, but even super gear would sometimes leave you fucked if you were dealing...with CHOCOBOS. Seriously, chocoball and chocometeor were so fucking ridiculously strong...I've seen Ramza at 99 on squire with the super escutcheon and maximillian and the best helmet that I forget get 1 shot by a chocoball.

Goddamn chocobos.

On the other hand, Chocoballs/meteors/cure were all they had. After that, they had to rely upon raw stats/innate abilities to keep up with your Teleporting Wizard Samurai or your resident Thunder God. As for your Ramza, you probably had awful compatibility with that Chocobo's balls, which is probably why he reamed your sorry ass. Remember; Brave, Faith and Compatibility means more for surviving an enemy's attack than equipment and levels (since equipment and levels only add HP and in the case of the former maybe add some resistances or a fixed buff, or in the case of the latter alter some base calculations slightly).

Honestly, Level only really matters for the main storyline since those fights were fixed. What you didn't want to deal with was characters who were grossly underleveled since they would be missing the odd point in Speed or AT or MT and a bunch of HP/MP which sort of was a big deal until you had abilities to compensate; and if you didn't have the EXP, you probably didn't have the JP either. Its why Gained JP Up is almost mandatory for the entire game, since that's the real deal maker/breaker.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »

I saved Boco finally, and I got a black chocobo in my party as well ^^

Nilson
Contributing Editor

Your mother and I think you should leave.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2015, 07:46:48 PM »

Keeping NPCs alive in these games is such a crapshoot - Arycelle in Tactics Ogre requires some hax to keep alive. 

It's my time of the night: http://nilson.itch.io/gravecamp
Chronus ate his children in the Dungeon of Love simply because he had no time to cook a proper meal, my man. He never read the guide to -Fast Food-...
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »

Yeah, I just barely made it past the battle with Mustadio (I think that's his name) with the single X-Potion I had, even a Hi-Potion wouldn't have protected him from the enemy's attack :/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: