Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:47:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341238 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 29730 times)
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »

Knowing Gundam X was one of the first to be confirmed as returning made my heart leap for Joy. It's my second favorite full Gundam series after the original.

Same here, except that Turn A boots out the original for my personal favorite. Turn A isn't just my favorite Gundam show; it's one of my favorite anime of all time. So you can guess how I felt upon it's return. :D
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »

I know someone who will be very happy to hear they're adapting the FMP novels into this.

Gundam X is a personal favorite for me. Other returning works are nice but I guess E7 fans will be disappointed. Surprised it took so long for Diebuster to make it into one of these.

Honestly I didn't like E7AO or AGE but I think they'd do fine in Super Robot Wars. It's not like Banpresto themselves are good at anything other than hot blood.

AGE will probably only ever include the Second Gen stuff since its the part of the show that sucked the least (and didn't turn into a massive clusterfuck of Shamaylan-esque twists and rampant stupidity like 3rd Gen did; even Sunrise likes to pretend that particular part didn't exist).

AO will be entertaining just to see how they'd handle the Retcon Gun.

Knowing Gundam X was one of the first to be confirmed as returning made my heart leap for Joy. It's my second favorite full Gundam series after the original.

Even if Gundam X wasn't a full series. :v

Another thing I forgot to be disappoint in was the lack of Gundam ZZ or Hartaway's Flash. Especially when Z1 went and hung that Chekhov's Gun for all to see. Also no Gravion or Original Dancouga for a Final Obari Special (to go with the Final Inazuma Special *crosses fingers*).

But otherwise, I'm not too disappointed in the current roster. This will at least avoid the massive clusterfuck that was Alpha 3's roster additions. Plus, Gargantua means one more for the Stoic Veteran Band of Brothers (though I highly suspect that Gargantua will be handled by having the FMP class take a field trip to Waterworld).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2014, 11:24:05 PM »

I know some people who would like for AGE to be adapted just so they can "fix" the show, like how in Z you had a bunch of characters basically calling Kira and co. a bunch of narcissists.

Honestly now that its been a while since AGE I don't really have any strong feelings about the show anymore, whereas I still think AO is a piece of crap and I still don't like SEED Destiny. I find it hard to hate AGE anymore because it didn't really aim to be anymore more than what it was, being nothing more than a dumb kid's show was the mission statement from day one (the whole generation aspect was a wasted opportunity though).

At any rate if I ever see AGE in SRW I'd actually like to see all the generations, if only to see the hilarity of crazy grandpa Flit.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: