Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:58:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334535 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 25008 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »

I feel that. "Souls exhaustion" is why I didn't get the DLC immediately. Playing it consistently over time is the surest way to burn me out.  In a few months or so I'll get them and play them all at once.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »

Nothing goes over my head.  I'm far to quick....

But yeah, I have zero desire to play the last piece of DLC.  I wouldn't say they were outright bad, just more of the same and lacking some of that Souls magic.  I should be good and excited for Bloodborne by the time we reach February.  I think the changes to the core gameplay will go along way to assuaging my fatigue, too. 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2014, 01:17:20 AM »

The difficulty in the Lost Crowns Trilogy went as far as it could have gone. And I can't say I share much of the same feelings Rob has with the DLC.

Regarding the Fume Knight, the (Blue) Smelter Demon is much more of a challenge to defeat.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2014, 02:04:35 AM »

I liked the DLC plenty myself, though I haven't had a strong urge to do the optional part of the Ivory Crown one. It's just too annoying and summons can be hard to come by. Maybe someday, but it's not as if I beat all the optional bosses either.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2014, 01:52:26 PM »

In the last 2 weeks or so I've done long sessions of DSII to get the Platinum Trophy. I took a very long break from the game before I did this to wait for all the DLC to come out and have new energy to get back into DSII.

And with parts that are still 'stupid hard' and everything, I still enjoy the game a lot. Ironically however, I still like Demon's Souls the most.

What get me the most is how the lore in Demon's was much easier to follow and (IMO) had a lot more heart to it and meaning when everything was said and done than Dark I or II.

Either way, I'm pretty tired of DSII again but I'm in NG+2 now and I'm on my way to get the Master of Pyromancy and Miracles trophies. I've never been able to kill Vendrick (because he's a Grade-A douchebag), though, I think I'll have to farm Soul(s) of a Giant to get that done quickly. Any tips anyone here can give me would be appreciated. :)

---

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/16062962.html

Udon published the Design Works book in english of Dark Souls, right? They are most likely gonna get busy publishing the Design Works of DSII if that's the case.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:16:51 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »

I still like Demon's Souls the most.

What get me the most is how the lore in Demon's was much easier to follow and (IMO) had a lot more heart to it and meaning when everything was said and done than Dark I or II.

I absolutely agree.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: