Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 06, 2015, 11:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
347475 Posts in 14170 Topics by 2235 Members
Latest Member: chiefjim
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Legacy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Legacy  (Read 3298 times)
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 11:25:36 AM »

And I love that the developer is bucking the trend and saying "no DLC, the game will be 100% complete right out of the box."  You don't see that very often these days. I like the idea of the game being the full monty right out of the box.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/2483.html

I concur,  the idea of leaving code in the game with the intent to charge for its access at another date is ludicrous.  What I really like from dlc is if it's planned and developed after the game is released because they built a complete game first then made extra content afterward.
Ayreos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »

As usual, if the game sells well in Japan, it will be ported over. That said, it looks pretty bad to me. That team sounds like a group of SE leftovers trying to ride the Bravely Default deranged bandwagon, with uninspired graphics(1999's Threads of Fate still looks better), characters (generic chibis) and plot(that writer...). "Avalon", really? Is there really nothing more creative than what is virtually the dictionary term for "Mystical Island"? That said, again, we can't really tell much from a few trailers. I'm just conveying my impressions. That said, for the final time, i expect nothing from these guys, other than a good OST to add to my collection.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »

It seems to have sold okay so far, sales-wise. I don't usually put much stock in Famitsu, but it scored okay there. 8's and 9's. I want to get excited to see what new gameplay features they come up with, but that pop-up environment still bugs the hell out of me, I can't even watch the trailers.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 02:55:02 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/30/mission-accomplished-the-legend-of-legacy-sold-to-saga-fans/

It did really well for its first week, all things considered. If it can keep up the momentum, then yes, it will have sold well.

As usual, if the game sells well in Japan, it will be ported over. That said, it looks pretty bad to me. That team sounds like a group of SE leftovers trying to ride the Bravely Default deranged bandwagon, with uninspired graphics(1999's Threads of Fate still looks better), characters (generic chibis) and plot(that writer...). "Avalon", really? Is there really nothing more creative than what is virtually the dictionary term for "Mystical Island"? That said, again, we can't really tell much from a few trailers. I'm just conveying my impressions. That said, for the final time, i expect nothing from these guys, other than a good OST to add to my collection.

Honestly, I'd much rather have a game from 'SE leftovers' over a game from SE these days. Although, granted Squeenix has begun turning it around with FFXIV mk2 and the way they've been treating FFXV recently, they still have a long ways to go to convince me that they've made their rebound. Besides, Bravely Default was on the right track, it just fumbled the ball hard during the second half. With a new writer (and a new composer for good or ill), Bravely Second might just be able to fix the most glaring issues with BD. As for graphics, most RPGs on the 3DS look like that. Even Atelier Rorona had to downgrade to chibli models to cope with the 3DS's lack of horsepower. Besides, if the DS taught me anything, its that the best games tended to have the worst looks; not that this looks too bad. As for the terminology, most RPGs either borrow liberally from mythology or sends you to its datalog for some kind of explanation as to what the fuck everyone is saying (and even then, it usually just amounts to simply borrowing from some of the more obscure myths and legends).

That said, I'm not the best defender of this game's plot or writing or whatever since I haven't played it yet, and I'm going to hold off on scouring the Internet until I can play it.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »

It seems to have sold okay so far, sales-wise. I don't usually put much stock in Famitsu, but it scored okay there. 8's and 9's. I want to get excited to see what new gameplay features they come up with, but that pop-up environment still bugs the hell out of me, I can't even watch the trailers.

I'm more shocked how many people actually like the pop-in.  I too found it very distracting.

I agree with Ayreos; I really don't think this game would have existed or looked the way it does if Bravely Default didn't do it first.  That said, I have no problem with that provided the game is good.... but SaGa-style is really hit or miss with me to begin with.  Nevertheless, if it saw Stateside release and didn't get a bomb dropped on it by critics, I'd probably buy it.  3DS games don't have that PS3/4/Bone pricetag and are pretty good with grabbing my attentions.  And yeah, I agree with Aeolus (as usual) in that even if it is a sort of 'mirage' of BravelyD, then I guess it can't be that bad a thing; and SquareEnix has a long-ass way to go before I think "they're back" in any capacity.... but hell, if Disney could get out of the slog of shit they were in (hitting brand new lows with 'Home on the Range' and 'Chicken Little' then coming back and out of it with Tangled and Frozen), I'm sure a few good/better decisions will redeem Square Enix.....  it'd certainly be nice to see a remake/remaster of a PSX FF title, but, nah, with 'treasures' like FF6 iOS kicking around....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
timmyFd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 05:53:52 PM »

As usual, if the game sells well in Japan, it will be ported over.

That's what I was thinking about Dragon Quest 7! Still no word.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: