Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327544 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Divinity: Original Sin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin  (Read 1236 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 10:39:11 AM »

Okay, so last night my buddy and I were fighting a bunch of fire monsters in a burning field. We bottlenecked the big boss using fire elementals (that they couldn't damage) while he stealthed behind them to kill the magic totem that was reviving them all.

I made it rain (heheheheh) on the battlefield to weaken them, and then froze the ground at my feet. Since I needed to use ice magic and I have the perk to make it easier to cast magic of the same element you're currently standing on, standing on my own ice patch while hasted had me throwing around ice spells three times a turn.

The strategy and terrain awareness in this game are un-freaking-believably good. Pillars of Eternity suddenly has a lot to live up to.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 03:21:06 AM »

So i finally had some time to sit down and play this a couple weeks after buying it. Re-rolled my party twice because the portraits didn't match my character models, but that's besides the point. Ended up trundling my way to level 4, cleared the light house after cheesing it a bit by running away and resurrecting my party and then zerg rushing.The sneak animation or whatever you want to call it is great. It's Metal Gear-esque and I like how the game doesn't seem to take itself too seriously.

So far this reminds me so much of the whole experience of playing BGI/II for the first time all over again. So good.  Not really sure what to do next, but I'm sure I'll stumble across something.

edit: Actually, a lot of it reminds of me of playing Ultima 7 for the first time. I really do feel like I can do anything. I remember in Ultima 7 when I realized I could rob the mint and get away with it...That was a game changer.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:35:18 AM by ultra7k » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2014, 06:09:49 AM »

Beat the game. I give it a solid 8/10. Good game but has some serious design and balance issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: