Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2015, 08:34:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362792 Posts in 14697 Topics by 2300 Members
Latest Member: SegaDreamCat
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Transistor (iOS)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Transistor (iOS)  (Read 485 times)
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »

I picked up the recent iOS release of this game, and it has a bit of a learning curve but sort of feels like a cross between Final Fantasy XIII and Parasite Eve.

Any one else play previous versions or are working on the latest release? This is my first time since I don't own a PS4/Xbone/graphically-advanced PC.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:23:03 PM by Der Jermeister » Logged

CoreSignal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:56:59 AM »

I thought Transistor was good but not great (played PS4 version). The game has a great artstyle and soundtrack, and I actually liked the story better than Bastion. Agreed on the battle system, it really
feels like the closest thing to a updated Parasite Eve system. My one issue with the battle system is that real-time attacks aren't really that useful. I pretty much used the turn()/function mechanic 90% of the
time. Otherwise, mixing and matching all the different skills and abilities is pretty fun. My main issue with the game is that it gets repetitive after awhile because the game is mostly combat. There's very little
interaction with the world so there's pretty no much exploration, puzzles, or NPCs to talk to. Still, I enjoyed it.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »

Beat it today. Was generally enjoyable, and I don't mind short games at all.

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »

A review of this baby (iOS version) is in the works.  It did kinda get put on our back burner because of E3 and because it's not a new game, but we're covering it. 

Bastion on iOS was very well done.  Controlled great on an iPad and looked killer too.  Supergiant knows what they're doing when it comes to adapting controls to tablets.  This puts them a cut above other developers, in my book.  You'd be surprised how many very reputable developers fall flat when adapting and tuning game controls for tablets. 

I have nothing funny to say.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: