Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 07:38:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340892 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth  (Read 1424 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 04:59:04 AM »

They're quite different games and you should probably get the one in the subgenre you prefer.

Persona Q is in the Wizardry/EO/First dungeon crawler genre, but with more of a story.  Not quite as much as Unchained Blades, where the characters just did not shut up, ever, but it's pretty story heavy.  It honestly feels very fanservicey, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your opinion on the subject.

SMT IV is, er, SMT mainline?  It has a very different feel to it than Persona.  It has less overall focus on characters and more focus on the bigger picture . Also, named playable non-MCs are only uncontrollable guests and your party is entirely composed of demons and your MC. If you've played SMT this isn't anything new for you, I just feel the need to mention it because it does turn some people off.  It also has a really annoying Smirk system that I hope to all Gaming Gods they remove in the next game.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Today at 05:01:43 PM »

I've started playing this with the volume muted, since some idiot at Atlus thought it would be cute to not completely silence the voices when they're officially turned "Off". I don't need some moron telling me that their attack missed, that they leveled up, that someone's dead, and so on. I know some people can tolerate that crap, but I can't.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: