Author Topic: Fallout 1,2,Van Buren,Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel Concept Art  (Read 1082 times)

Back2Basics

• View Profile
Fallout 4 is almost here! I'm a big fan of the Fallout series (especially Fallout 1 and 2) so I put together a video showing off the concept art for Fallout 1,2 and Van Buren (Interplay's Fallout 3 which was canceled) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLhavWWp0pk

I also made one for Fallout Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77rvHCE3Opk

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 1,2,Van Buren,Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel Concept Art
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 11:53:31 PM »
Ah, Brotherhood of Steel.  I feel like I enjoyed it when it originally came out, or at least at some point near then, but when I realized we didn't have a review for it several years later, I played it again and realized why everyone hated it.

But the other games are great!  I have a physical copy of Fallout 1, and I've always been impressed by what a cohesive package it is.  Even the manual fits the game's theme and feel.  And of course, those were the legendary days of huge manuals you actually read, so that was a great way to pull people into the game's world before they even got it installed.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 1,2,Van Buren,Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel Concept Art
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:58:37 PM »
And of course, those were the legendary days of huge manuals you actually read, so that was a great way to pull people into the game's world before they even got it installed.

I miss those days. Well, not that every game needs a giant manual, but for particular RPGs it was awesome (Baldur's Gate II is springing to mind) and also a great time-killer during install. The only modern version I've seen is the origami included in Heavy Rain and the instructions provided while the game's installing. Good stuff.