Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 10:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338107 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 113207 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »

Well, since we're talking about things that were taken down, I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned in the thread.  If it was, apologies.

This was leaked by the same people who leaked the original Symphonia CE:
https://twitter.com/flamfas/status/448851599260020736

We're, if the leak is correct, getting the Ludger Ichiban Kuji figure this time.
If you're interested, here he is:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/194369

Flamfas is a good guy, I'll trust it and whatever leaks (hell, the voice acting has been done for a while so I don't think it'd be too much a stretch... I'm surprised there aren't any announcements for what's a relatively soon release).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: April 18, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »

It's official now. Tales of Hearts R will arrive this next Winter 2014.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »

It's official now. Tales of Hearts R will arrive this next Winter 2014.

Link for the interested.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: April 18, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »

Well guess I'm buying another RPG for my Vita then haha.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: April 18, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »

It feels like there have been a ton of seemingly unlikely localization announcements lately.  In fact I'm running out of titles to complain about not being localized...well, there's still Sega at least...

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: April 18, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

AND THE FANS GO WIIIILLLLD!

I'm more curious about new titles right now I think (and following up old announcements) with E3 and TGS this year.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: April 18, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »

Somewhere, on some site, people still complain that it's not Vesperia PS3.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: April 18, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »

Hah!  This is so true....

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: April 18, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »

If that game were to be real outside Japan, I'd buy a PS3 just for it.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: April 18, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »

Hah!  This is so true....

Given the track record of rereleases and ports, I think it's safe for fans to hope on a PS4 Anniversary thing maybe.
I love Vesperia, and I thought it would have been a relatively safe bet to bring the PS3 version, and I think fans have a right to get mad given the evidence in the 360 version and the mean teases made by Bamco... but whatever.  The ship has sailed, and I'm more curious for new titles!  Also, having taken the plunge when ToV PS3 got cheap, I'm happy to say that the additions weren't *TERRIBLY* game changing.  Interesting? Sure.  But nothing too vast (and I thought the "animated mystic artes" were kinda tacky; what with Judith demonstrated the most forced 'jiggle' I've ever seen and the pretty and elegant 'feather effect' from the opening turning into a literal GIANT BAM-BAM FEATHER...but I'm nitpicking... but I still think it looks stupid). 

Plus, we did get the lesser expected Tales of Graces, which has since shot into my Top 10. :)

I want to get off topic a bit too:  Mainly because I've wanted to talk about game graphics and haven't really taken the time...  I don't really care if it gets responses, but I'm curious what anyone else thinks.
Also, in Vesperia, I don't think any title has come CLOSE to the level of beauty and atmosphere of the, now aged, 2008 title.  I really think they hit an AWESOME look with the cel-shading technique that was both a great reference to its anime style and kept a very bright tone (whereas the series is way too comfortable with more dull tones).
I - mean - just - look!!

I'm saying it: Vesperia looks 100 times better than both Xillia and, so far and honestly, Zestiria (again, so far) which is having crazy trouble with anti-aliasing (look at all them jaggies!).
I also don't really get what's happening with the lighting effects in Zesteria either.  While I like the semi-textured, semi-art style of the title, they pull off weird colour dodges that add unnatural lighting (and I think that Atelier Escha & Logy pulled off almost flawlessly and that Tales of Vesperia pulled off a WAY more interesting/impressive contrast in).

Nitpick again, but I'm kinda getting bugged by having different artists on the team.  Design-wise I think it's a great idea, but graphically the characters look so...different (look at the eye designs).

I really hated Xillia's overworld, I think it is actually one of the worst ever made.  But despite my criticisms, I do hope we get something more varied and interesting like Xenoblade.  And the world map [?] screenshot I posted looks semi-hopeful.  And I'm hoping the game looks way better actually in motion (a lot do).

Obviously I'm not tossing Graces into this.  What it does it does well enough with crisp, uncomplicated graphics and bright colours but it was made for the Wii so YMMV.

Anyways.  That was that.  I still look forward to Zesteria (more than been-there-done-that Vesperia and Hearts), even if the graphics don't sit right.  And something about a plot around dragons sounds badass.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:08:09 PM by Dice » Logged

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: April 18, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »

I think part of it might be that Vesperia did not use motion capture, so the character designs could be more stylized. Dawn of the New World was the first Tales game with motion capture and the characters jitter around like they've had too much coffee and while it isn't as bad, it's still present in Graces and Xillia. Weird proportions don't work too well with motion capture, as Eternal Sonata shows.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: April 18, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »

WHERE IS VESPERIA PS3???

j/k aside, I agree that Vesperia hit a high note in graphic style.  The cel-shading looks stunning and most likely reduce demand on the graphics card because it is a bit more blurry?  I don't see why would they not to attempt to try that style again.  The world design of Vesperia looks a lot better than say Xillia - some of the areas in Xillia looks downright uninspired e.g. copy-pasta of the trees on those cliffs.

Is tales of Hearts R any good?  How is the game with the noise about it being a "demake"??
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: April 18, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »

WHERE IS VESPERIA PS3???

j/k aside, I agree that Vesperia hit a high note in graphic style.  The cel-shading looks stunning and most likely reduce demand on the graphics card because it is a bit more blurry?  I don't see why would they not to attempt to try that style again.  The world design of Vesperia looks a lot better than say Xillia - some of the areas in Xillia looks downright uninspired e.g. copy-pasta of the trees on those cliffs.

Is tales of Hearts R any good?  How is the game with the noise about it being a "demake"??

From what I've seen: It's kinda basic Tales.  I'm sure it'll work well for a handheld, but (and I've said it before) I think the game did more as an NDS title than it will as a Vita title.  But I've heard decent things (some good, some bad) and I'm sure it'll be worth to see a technically missing title.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: April 18, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »

What! I'd never do something like that! At least, not before complaining about not getting that PS2 Destiny remake.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: April 18, 2014, 11:48:13 PM »

From what I've seen: It's kinda basic Tales.  I'm sure it'll work well for a handheld, but (and I've said it before) I think the game did more as an NDS title than it will as a Vita title.  But I've heard decent things (some good, some bad) and I'm sure it'll be worth to see a technically missing title.

Good to know.  Other than the graphics difference, I am curious what other major differences are.  I have heard that the combat is quite good.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: