Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327891 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 84363 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: April 19, 2014, 12:10:25 AM »

Somewhere, on some site, people still complain that it's not Vesperia PS3.

What! I'd never do something like that! At least, not before complaining about not getting that PS2 Destiny remake.

Eugh. :(
Yeah that one stings.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: April 19, 2014, 12:43:41 AM »

http://www.blade2187.com/2014/04/18/attn-namco-please-fix-these-things-in-hearts-r/

The fan translation for NDS Tales of Hearts has (of course) been cancelled so as to not affect the Vita sales.  How kind.  However, Kaji also lists some of the things he felt was wrong with the new version.  It's nothing TOO bad, but definitely some laziness seems to have been involved.  I can't imagine Bamco making this to "revolutionize" their brand, so...eh.

He also links to some LP videos (mostly to showcase problems, but on the bright side, you see gameplay! :D ).

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: April 21, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »

Time to buy a Vita
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: April 22, 2014, 12:10:53 AM »

Shing has been renamed "Kor" (Kor = Cor = Heart).
And Kohaku, who was "Amber" in Graces (as a secret boss) is back to Kohaku.

I'm more bothered by the latter than the former because of the inconsistency.  But eh.  Fans are otherwise quite 'opinionated' on the issue (to say the least).

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:49 AM »

I definitely, absolutely, prefer Kor.  Good choice, Shing sounds horrible in English.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kohaku/Amber.  Amber is a pretty traditional female name in English, maybe they wanted to make it more, er, foreign, sounding and stayed with Kohaku?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: April 22, 2014, 01:21:15 AM »

I definitely, absolutely, prefer Kor.  Good choice, Shing sounds horrible in English.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kohaku/Amber.  Amber is a pretty traditional female name in English, maybe they wanted to make it more, er, foreign, sounding and stayed with Kohaku?

Yeah.... I personally don't find "Kohaku" rolls off the tongue very well, but funny enough, I get tripped out that "Amber's" design has no shades of yellow or orange in it...it's all jus BLUES and PURPS and HWHITES.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: April 22, 2014, 02:33:21 AM »

Kor sounds weird in Dutch. I swear, like half of the old dudes are named Kor/Cor or a variation thereof. My archery instructor was and it's a small miracle they shortened my dad's name (Cornelis) to Cees instead of Cor.

Oh well, I'll get used to it.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1267 on: April 22, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »

Almost sounds like what Atlus did with Persona 2: Eternal Punishment back in 2000 I think, considering the Americanized name changes in Persona 1.  Nate Nanjo, Ellen Kirishima...

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: April 22, 2014, 11:18:17 AM »

It feels so weird that we got 4 Tales games this year (Symphonia HD, Symphonia DotW HD, Xillia 2, Hearts R).

Is this like... Real life?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: April 22, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »

I won't be satisfied til vesperia ps3 sees a US release. I will wait forever, but I will never stop believing.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: April 22, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »

It feels so weird that we got 4 Tales games this year (Symphonia HD, Symphonia DotW HD, Xillia 2, Hearts R).

Is this like... Real life?

A Tales-filled year, they said (I'm kinda combining 2013 with '14 here because it still applies).  And it's nice Zesteria was announced the day of as well.

CE announced, it's out late August...apparently it's $129 though.  But it does look fancy:

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: April 22, 2014, 12:43:01 PM »

I haven't seen any import reviews (although I haven't looked) so I'm kind of hesitant on Xilia 2. I'd put Xilia in the 8ish range. We'll see I guess.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: April 22, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »

Will definitely be saving money by not getting the CE this time. Not a fan of the metal case or the figure, so that's a bit of a bittersweet blessing.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »

I haven't seen any import reviews (although I haven't looked) so I'm kind of hesitant on Xilia 2. I'd put Xilia in the 8ish range. We'll see I guess.

People liked Xillia 2 much more than Xillia I believe. Better story pacing I guess?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: April 22, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

People liked Xillia 2 much more than Xillia I believe. Better story pacing I guess?

The battle system was smoother too.  But yeah, a lot of love is thrown to the plot this time around.  So I think that's something. I dunno if I wanna drop $129 for a CE though, as nice as it is.  Plus I hate that Dawn of the New World artist.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: