Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335300 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 106 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 108411 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2012, 10:52:55 PM »

Even if Xillia is Europe-only at least the PS3 isn't region-coded for PS3 games. I do hope they don't pull a Tales of Destiny and deny us part two of the story in Englsih.
Tales of Destiny 2 had a shitty story anyway.

A bad story does not necessarily a bad game make.
It wasn't terribly great in the gameplay department either, IMO.

The bigger offense here being that we missed on the Destiny remake than the sequel.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: July 04, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »

I was one of those that was kinda interested in playing that remake when it was announced, then I lost interest. I also remember that the special edition that Japan got for that game was pretty awesome too.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: July 04, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »

if europe gets xillia before the states i want to know why... heck i still want to know why nintendo did it. i can only venture a theory. i have a lot of rpg playing friends that have been playing handhelds and never made the jump to 360/wii/ps3 but what would stop european rpg fans from doing that too?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: July 07, 2012, 03:01:40 AM »

Xillia will be released here.  I have no basis for this statement other than the fact that Xillia is both the highest rated and fastest selling Tales game ever.  It's not some obscure entry in the franchise.  Unless Namco Bandai wants to abandon the series in the west entirely they're going to localize Xillia.

That said, Graces f still isn't even out yet so they're not going to want to start hyping Xillia already.  I seriously doubt there will be any kind of official announcement until after Graces f is released.

But I will bet $100 that there will be a Xillia localization announcement before the end of 2012.  I'm dead serious about that if anyone wants to take me up on it.

I wish somebody took me up on that bet...I could have used $100.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: July 07, 2012, 03:06:24 AM »

Looks like Namdai has accepted it's fate as a niche developer(until they try to get into western game development again and inflate their egos.  Hey, they only had six failed attempts since the early 90's). 
I just finished Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS, not a bad game, my only real complaint was the over abundance of skits, and the inability to skip them(Vesperia seemed to have a lot less).  Haven't played Graces, is it that bad?

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: July 07, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »

Everything is skippable, but the skits are actually funny for the most part in graces f. The actual story is a bit....lame, even by Tales standards. Gameplay is solid, easy to grasp, though if you played all the other Tales games, the change to an overhead camera and the battle controls do throw you off for a bit. Still, out of all the tales titles I've played, this is probably my favorite in terms of characters and character relations. Maybe not vesperia, but it definitely beats symphonia and is slightly better than the abyss in my opinion.

Eagerly awaiting Xillia now, though hopefully the reason it's going to take at least another 6 months is because they're going to toss some extra content in...cuz as of now, it sounds a lot less impressive in scope then graces f, which had a shitton of content.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: July 07, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »

though if you played all the other Tales games, the change to an overhead camera and the battle controls do throw you off for a bit.

Eagerly awaiting Xillia now, though hopefully the reason it's going to take at least another 6 months is because they're going to toss some extra content in...cuz as of now, it sounds a lot less impressive in scope then graces f, which had a shitton of content.

The camera is pretty adjustable iirc.  There are a couple of settings for the camera in the option menu with a zoom in/out button.  I think it accommodates most people.

As for content, remember Graces F is essentially a directors cut from the Wii version.  Considering ToX2 is in development, I wouldn't expect any extra content.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: July 07, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »

I'm not saying that the camera isn't accomodating, just new and strange at first. Once you adjust to it, which will probably be before you finish the kids arc, it feels much better. Still hate holding up to move towards enemies though...

As far as xillia 2 is concerned, it's in development, therefore not even a concern of anyones in the west yet. Xillia is done and has been out for like a year and change...yet we won't get it here for at LEAST six months yet, being that it's only scheduled for 2013, no other release data. I really don't think 6 months is needed to translate the game and and record voice acting...especially if namco is trying to make money on it. Odds are they are going to re-release it worldwide with extra content similarly to Graces F. Maybe not the entire extra storyline, but I'd bet on some new moves and skits, maybe a bonus dungeon, and some extra skits here and there, similarly to vesperia on ps3. I could be wrong, but kevadu bet on xillia being translated, I'm betting it gets some extra meat. Course, I don't have 100 bucks to bet though...

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »

Xillia is done and has been out for like a year and change...

It's been out for less than a year.  Came out in September last year.

I really don't think 6 months is needed to translate the game and and record voice acting...

Actually, 6 months would be a very reasonable timeframe for that.  In fact I would say it's on the short side.  There's a lot of text in these games.  Though I don't know where you get the 6 months number from.  I doubt this will be an early 2013 release (they probably don't want to conflict with Ni no Kuni anyway).

The real question is why didn't they start sooner.  But this is Namco we're talking about so it's not like I'm surprised.

Odds are they are going to re-release it worldwide with extra content similarly to Graces F.

I just don't see that.  The team has already moved on to the next project.  And if they were going to do extra content then they would do it for Japan first (it's their main market, after all), and it wouldn't make much sense to release it after Xillia 2.  There isn't a lot of time until Xillia 2 launches and they haven't announced anything...there is DLC for Xillia, though.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: July 07, 2012, 11:21:19 PM »

Xillia got announced and there's still people asking for Vesperia PS3. ( ̄~ ̄;)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: July 07, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »

well they suck. vesperia is the most boring tales game ive ever played.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 07, 2012, 11:44:52 PM »

At this point it's degraded to a running gag. If you want it THAT MUCH get a damn 360 already and buy it, it's even available digitally so it's not like finding a copy is a problem now. It's in a far better position than many other JRPGs that never came here, including other Tales games.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:20 PM »

This is fantastic news. I'm almost tempted to get a PS3 at this point. It's hard to believe that the last Tales game I played was almost 4 years ago already. XD
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: July 08, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »

At this point it's degraded to a running gag. If you want it THAT MUCH get a damn 360 already and buy it, it's even available digitally so it's not like finding a copy is a problem now. It's in a far better position than many other JRPGs that never came here, including other Tales games.

You can't really blame people for wanting the shinier version of a game though.
Although, I agree that anyone who still thinks Vesperia is coming here is pretty delusional.
Maybe if they ever do a DC of it on the PS4... but even then I wouldn't be so sure.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »

You can't really blame people for wanting the shinier version of a game though.

I believe it's supposed to run worse actually. It's the version with MORE STUFF though, so that angle still works.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 106 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: