Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 02:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328020 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 91 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 84772 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: April 07, 2013, 10:24:03 PM »

August 6th is fast?  That's nearly two years since it came out in Japan...

And voice recording was done since November, meaning them voices we hear are almost a year old.

Furthermore, unless the Gamestop emp did something personally awful, keep in mind it's our head office that's made up of monkeys that are picking and eating the bugs and other crumbs off each other's backs.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: April 07, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »

Tales of Vesperia PS3....

August 6th is a fuckton sooner than I expected to see Xillia, as I never expected to see it period.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »

Oh come on, we got Vesperia and we all know why we didn't get the PS3 version (Microsoft paid for it).  It was announced that Xillia was coming last year, so why are you acting surprised now?  Especially after we got Graces f, which frankly was less expected.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: April 07, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »

Oh come on, we got Vesperia and we all know why we didn't get the PS3 version (Microsoft paid for it).  It was announced that Xillia was coming last year, so why are you acting surprised now?  Especially after we got Graces f, which frankly was less expected.
Dude, when it comes to Tales, anything we get is like a kiss from a pretty girl (boy if you swing that way). I'm always happy if I get it, I don't care when I get it as long as I get it, and if I don't get it, I just keep on trucking at this point, cuz dem ladies is flaky

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #499 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »

Could be that they're waiting for the summer because that's generally a slower release time, and the drought would give the game a better chance of scoring some extra impulse sales.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: April 08, 2013, 01:32:13 AM »

[/quote]
Dude, when it comes to Tales, anything we get is like a kiss from a pretty girl (boy if you swing that way). I'm always happy if I get it, I don't care when I get it as long as I get it, and if I don't get it, I just keep on trucking at this point, cuz dem ladies is flaky
[/quote]

..."cuz dem ladies is flaky". words to live by, my friend. words to live by. :)

And I'm kind of in the middle. I'm happy to know exactly when it's coming(hopefully), but I'm sad that I still have to wait a few months. I'm ready for this game and I've been ready since I finished Graces F over a year ago!

pigTails of...
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: April 08, 2013, 01:46:26 AM »

To be honest, I was preparing for a rerun of Vesperia or maybe Symphonia again finally. Knowing this is gonna be here in 4 months makes it easy to skip that for now.

TASTY!
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: April 08, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »

To be honest, I was preparing for a rerun of Vesperia or maybe Symphonia again finally. Knowing this is gonna be here in 4 months makes it easy to skip that for now.

I know I'm planning on replaying Graces...maybe. I'll have a few games to keep my busy in the mean time. I still gotta finish Ni No Kuni. Project X Zone isn't too far off either. Plus my back log of games that I'm yet to pick up again. Haha!

pigTails of...
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: April 08, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »

I may be able to pull off a solid Symphonia run if I can get my hands on my Wii again. My sister's a bit of a grubby whore about it, always saying it's hers even though I paid for half of it, and bought EVERYTHING she has for it. I did graces F well enough that I don't need to go back anytime soon.

Personally, I think I oughta re-do my Abyss run, got to the last third of the game and just got sidetracked in life. Sucks, was enjoying it immensely.

TASTY!
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: April 09, 2013, 12:19:51 AM »

I may be able to pull off a solid Symphonia run if I can get my hands on my Wii again. My sister's a bit of a grubby whore about it, always saying it's hers even though I paid for half of it, and bought EVERYTHING she has for it. I did graces F well enough that I don't need to go back anytime soon.

Personally, I think I oughta re-do my Abyss run, got to the last third of the game and just got sidetracked in life. Sucks, was enjoying it immensely.

yes! Do that!! Abyss is fantastic!!

pigTails of...
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: April 09, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »

Same thing happened to me with abyss!

I also never played vesperia because of it x-box exclusiveness. I got an x-box not too long ago with soul purpose of playing the title actually-LoL

I really wanted to get to vesperia soon. It was my next intended venture so to speak. But I fear if I do a tales run now I may burn myself out a bit for xilia later this year. But seeing as how now its august as opposed to july maybe I'll reconsider...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: April 10, 2013, 01:54:09 AM »

I wanted to play Graces and Xillia, but I'm probably going to buy a Wii U over a PS3 at this point considering it's at the end of its run and there's not much else for the system I want. You think I'll be able to download/stream them on the PS4 when that comes out? I already know buying the actual discs would be useless because of the "no backwards compatibiliy" thing, but I'm not really sure how the other two are going to work.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2013, 02:07:30 AM »

You think I'll be able to download/stream them on the PS4 when that comes out?

Downloading changes nothing.  The lack of backwards compatibility has everything to do with the processor and nothing to do with the discs.

Supposedly Sony is working on some sort of streaming thing, but I wouldn't count on it.  I'm not sold on game-streaming tech in generally, it doesn't sound like it will be there at launch, and even when it does arrive who knows what the library of supported titles will be like.

If you want to play these games then get a PS3 when the price drops (there has to be a price drop soon, they didn't even drop it when they introduced the super slim model and now the PS4 is imminent).

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: April 10, 2013, 10:42:46 AM »

Well that stinks. :/ Looks like I'm just missing out on these ones then.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: April 10, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »

Well that stinks. :/ Looks like I'm just missing out on these ones then.

Now, now, I would become a negative-nel over it (see what I did there... your name is nel...LoL) if I were you.

I personally think Kevadu is right about a ps3 price drop. Actually I think he is right in a huge way. If you look at the prices of ps3 games pre-owned now (not too expensive) and take into account how long the ps3 has been in production you can see that in the not so distant future, these systems and games are going to be hella-accessible pretty cheap. In other words, whereas in the past it took many years for games and systems to devalue and get mega price-cuts, I really don't think your going to be waiting that long to see the same relative drop in this gens hardware and software.

In fact I'll be so bold as to predict that shortly after the release of the PS4, if you watch ebay instead of retailers, you can get at least some model of the ps3 and a copy of graces F for under a 100 bucks. And  if that is not the case, I at least garuntee you'll be able to get the system for that.

I may sound nuts but I really believe with how long this gen has been around in high production there is gonna be more hardware floating around that people are trying to pawn off, come this time next year, than you can shake a stick at.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 91 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: