Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319313 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 85 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 72199 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »

i think an online mode similar to trials of graces could work in a console version of a radiant mythology style game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: May 28, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »

We have a live press conference coming up from the TalesFes (I doubt they'd bother unless there was something "somewhat super" to announce).  It's still somewhat reasonable to GUESS that it MAY BE Symphonia HD.  Someone compiled the evidence a bit better:

...we haven't seen any trademarks crop up, so that means we're probably getting a game related to a game we already have (like last year, there were not trademarks and we got a Tales of Xillia 2).

This is Symphonia's 10 year anniversary in Japan, the series' 15 year anniversary in North America (where Symphonia is the most successful title), the OVA just recently ended, and to top it all off, they've revealed Lloyd and Emil are going to be on the cover of an upcoming Tales magazine. It fits.

Tempest R is another good guess, but Namco seems to like to release a "big" game every fall, and Tempest R wouldn't fit that profile, especially if it is on Vita. Furthermore, I have a feeling they let Seventh Chord develop that just like they did the other two R titles.

I'm predicting a remake of a game, probably Symponia, though if they screwed our expectations and went for Eternia...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: May 30, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »

So now there is an LE in addition to the CE apparently....

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/30/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition-announced-for-u-s/

If I am reading this right, I am seriously disgusted with this announcement. This means that if I wanted the costumes say, I have to buy a LE in addition to already shelling out 100 for the CE.

I'm a huge fan of special editions in general but seriously... if you have a fan forking over 100 bucks shouldn't they get the same crap they could have for 60 and then some?

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: May 30, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »

So now there is an LE in addition to the CE apparently....

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/30/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition-announced-for-u-s/

If I am reading this right, I am seriously disgusted with this announcement. This means that if I wanted the costumes say, I have to buy a LE in addition to already shelling out 100 for the CE.

I'm a huge fan of special editions in general but seriously... if you have a fan forking over 100 bucks shouldn't they get the same crap they could have for 60 and then some?

That image of the DLC wasn't always there though, I can't see them selling an LE without the DLC codes as well.
I'd chill and wait on it.

Oh, Misono (the singer for the Symphonia Openings) is attending the Tales Festival with an announcement..... *shrug* I'm not saying a ToS HD is on the horizon, but damn the evidence is compelling.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: May 30, 2013, 03:57:44 PM »

Are those preorders only through the namco store, or all retailers? If so, gonna preorder it next week.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: May 30, 2013, 04:19:41 PM »

That image of the DLC wasn't always there though, I can't see them selling an LE without the DLC codes as well.
I'd chill and wait on it.

Oh, Misono (the singer for the Symphonia Openings) is attending the Tales Festival with an announcement..... *shrug* I'm not saying a ToS HD is on the horizon, but damn the evidence is compelling.

According to the update on that article, it would seem otherwise. I agree with Chroma, that is utter BS. It even sounds like the Music CD is better in the LE, opting to call it a "Music CD" instead of a "Music Selection CD"

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: May 30, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »

Well I had no interest in the figure so I'm pretty happy at least ;)

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: May 30, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »

Well I had no interest in the figure so I'm pretty happy at least ;)

I *kinda* want the figure, but they jsut collect dust in the long haul.  I just want the 100 page artbook.... but given the price difference, I may have to reevaluate given my broke ass (and a bunch of sh** coming out in that time frame).

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: May 30, 2013, 05:56:10 PM »

Boy, they sure want our money. That's pretty scuzzy there Namdai (but not unexpected).

Thankfully, I give zero fucks about the DLC (Awakening got me to buy theirs so it has to be at least that good if not better for me to sink $ on). I'll bet the difference in Music CDs will be all of one song. And besides, the art book sounds better than the character profile book and that's probably what counts the most.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: May 30, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »

Update: We’ve gotten clarification regarding the contents of the collector’s and limited edition of the game. From a Namco Bandai e-mail sent to Siliconera:

“The costumes, character profile booklet and music cd are exclusive to the Limited Edition, while the Milla Maxwell figure, art book and music selection CD are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/30/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition-announced-for-u-s/#vk1Khwosl5Me3ORI.99

all that limited edition stuff should be in the CE too.....
at the very least give the CE the costumes
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:24:23 PM by Alisha » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: May 30, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »

Yeah, there's just something really...."incorrect"-feeling about that line of thinking for an additional $40 premium LE.  I really don't think it's THAT hard to print more codes, soo....

also, this should maybe just be with the Tales topic?
But I do like opportunities to yell at companies in seperate threads

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: May 30, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »

I think people should calm down for a second.  The art book in the CE is almost certainly better than the "character profile book" in the LE so that's not much of a loss.  The CDs are the real mystery, though I seriously doubt either one is the full soundtrack.  It's just a question of which tracks they selected for each (and how much overlap there is).

Not including the DLC costumes in the CE is kind of weird, but do people really care about DLC costumes that much?

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: May 30, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »

i do. millla looks fabulous in male costumes

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 30, 2013, 09:06:11 PM »

Not worth its own topic, merged. And I'd wait on more details and some confirmation, so long as the music CD in the CE is the same or contains all of the LE's and more, and likewise for the book while also throwing in the DLC I wouldn't be too fussed. The book probably IS a combination of the LE's and new content anyway.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: May 30, 2013, 09:57:44 PM »

I would say that the LE is more for people who missed out on preordering for the CE and giving them something to compensate at least than to bleed Tales of Fans dry (but then again, this is Namdai we're talking about so there's always the chance for scuzziness).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 85 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: