Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 91016 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »

Maybe her newer material isn't good? I don't listen to BoA's Japanese music as much anymore either.

--

Based on what I've read, it looks like Team Symphonia is doing the battle system and Team Destiny doing the story and stuff.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2010, 02:51:23 PM »

I listened to her more in the middle of the decade. My Story, Secret and such when she had the occasional heavy track. I dunno, I've tried with her recent stuff but I get bored.

Had to admit she had epic PVs over the years. I can't imagine the $$$ sunk into some of them.

I never actually listened to BoA save a couple songs. I heard her English song last year, it was catchy? But I think it flopped anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2010, 03:07:21 PM »

I like BoA's Korean songs the most. The song she did for Tales of Graces last year was good, but her songs in the early 2000s was when she was in her prime.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »

I like BoA's Korean songs the most. The song she did for Tales of Graces last year was good, but her songs in the early 2000s was when she was in her prime.

I loved Valenti a while back.  Her English is getting worse though, she tends to repeat lines.  A shame she didn't do better here, I think NA has more love (I don't mean this in a bad way, just observation) for black rappers than asian pop stars.  I can't even think of any Asian chart toppers here... =/
Utada, who's fluent and accent-less can barely catch a break (however, I'm not too crazy about the tunes released here compared to her jp ones).

I liked Ayumi Hamasaki - I should scout newer stuff, because she reall isn't that bad

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »

I downloaded the tales of graces f demo from the japanese psn and didn't like it, character design is atrocious imo and I didn't like the overall look of the game, xillia looks very interesting though, I hope they bring it to the west.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2010, 03:18:23 PM »

I downloaded the tales of graces f demo from the japanese psn and didn't like it, character design is atrocious imo and I didn't like the overall look of the game, xillia looks very interesting though, I hope they bring it to the west.

I *HATE* Inomata.  From her flowery designs (for men and women) to really bizarre to just plain bad choices of colour.  I fucken hate Farah's design (green and orange farming attire...seexy...), Sophie's grey jumpsuit, and Reala looks like she just came to life from a fucken glass doll museum ...and died soon after.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

I think NA has more love (I don't mean this in a bad way, just observation) for black rappers than asian pop stars.  I can't even think of any Asian chart toppers here... =/

LOL

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »

Like a G6 ring any bells? But yeah, Far East Movement makes the same exact music as everyone else. I bet most people don't even know they're Asian.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »

^ Exactly.

Utada, while fantastic in her Japanese releases, released extremely mediocre material here that would never stand out on our airwaves. She views Japanese and American audiences differently, and yeah while they do generally have different tastes (she even said Japanese care more for good lyrics), her stuff here is still a letdown even with big name producers.

Hmmmm... I think Valenti was a song I had. And Rock With You. To be honest I never heard BoA's Korean stuff but I have heard she puts more effort there. I remember now that her JP stuff was too sugary for me (and so was some Ayu.... Also why I never got into Morning Musume.)

Fun fact: I used to confuse her with Boa, the British one who did the awesome Serial Experiments Lain theme.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »

Like a G6 ring any bells? But yeah, Far East Movement makes the same exact music as everyone else. I bet most people don't even know they're Asian.

Name more for a cookie. =/

I'd love to hear her [BoA's] Kpop, I loved what I've heard in the genre (yes, even Gee, I was real late on the bandwagon though).

And I love Utada, a shame she has like 2 good tracks per english album though.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2010, 03:59:38 PM »

I can PM both of you some of BoA's Kpop. I don't wanna flood this topic with Kpop, since Jpop is at least somewhat on topic here.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »

Name more for a cookie. =/

Bruno Mars too. :) Plus, maybe Charice and Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls?

I listened to her more in the middle of the decade. My Story, Secret and such when she had the occasional heavy track. I dunno, I've tried with her recent stuff but I get bored.

Have you listened to her earlier albums like Loveppears, Duty, and I Am? Those are her best albums imo. Plus her many remix albums like Ayutrance, Ayumixes, Acoustic Orchestra, etc. I'm soooo excited that she's coming out with a new Ayutrance next year!

I never got too much into most of BoA's stuff, but I've been liking some of her recent Japanese songs like Eien, Possibility, and her new one that's coming out soon.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/12/tales-of-xillia-or-tales-of-faithus-which-one-is-the-name-of-the-next-tales-game/
Xillia, Faithus, Xestia.
those names sound stupid
similar to "legendia"

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »

Kind of an old article, but yea, they like their "-ia"'s. Remember Symphonia, Vesperia, and Phantasia?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:47:09 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »

Don't go forgetting Eternia
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: