Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 08:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332777 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 100127 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:58 PM »

So which tails game are we getting for sure and when?
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: August 31, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »

Tales of Graces F, sometime in early 2012, and Tales of the Abyss 3DS, later this year.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2011, 12:29:19 AM »

I was gonna import Xillia but I have to spend so much on school this semester. :( Oh well, it won't be here in the US until 2013 at the earliest so I still have plenty of time to buy it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2011, 08:41:55 PM »

Game sold 274k on the first day, not too shabby.
The game shipped 500k on the first day and another 100k on the second, they'll probably sell most of it by the end of the week. I'm curious to see how it affected PS3 sales.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »

I have a copy of this game in my hands right now.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »

Game sold 274k on the first day, not too shabby.
The game shipped 500k on the first day and another 100k on the second, they'll probably sell most of it by the end of the week. I'm curious to see how it affected PS3 sales.

Yeah, seeing those numbers, I kinda understood why Bamco says US sales are crap. I don't think we'll ever equal those numbers.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »

I have a copy of this game in my hands right now.

I got it Friday, it's a fun game.  I'm enjoying it a lot.  The loading times, so far, have been really fast thanks to the disk install.  I'm diggin the battle system more than Graces F so far.  There is MP again and spells can be charged to do more damage for a longer cast time.  Haven't played around with Jude's healing spell, but it's different than previous games.  It's either self only or it's an aura-range based.  Perhaps I will look to see what it says when I turn it on next =P

I'm diggin' the free dynamic PS3 theme.  I wish the icons stood out more, but a small nitpick.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2011, 11:22:41 AM »

It sold 525k in the first week... How do you say holy shit in japanese?

Edit: in case anyone was wondering, the game pushed PS3 sales to 64.786 up from 33.831 on the previous week.

So all in all this was a pretty big deal, they are probably wishing they had released a new Tales on the PS3 sooner.

This graph is pretty awesome and really shows that the PS3 should've been their priority for this franchise:

- Highest first week for a Tales game ever.
- ToV and ToG sold more on PS3 than on the 360 and wii despite the delay.
- ToX first week sales are almost as high as total sales for the previous games on both systems.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:13:24 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »

Sorry if this has been discussed already, didnt want to read through all the pages: Will Graces F and/or Xillia come to the US/EU? If so, when?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »

Graces F was announced a long time ago for next year. NA/EU. Xillia, nothing yet.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »

Why is Symphonia suspiciously missing from the graph, wasn't it the best selling Tales game of all time?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »

Graces F was announced a long time ago for next year. NA/EU. Xillia, nothing yet.

Namco-Bandai, or Bandai-Namco or whatever the hell they're called in Europe actually showed off the game at an anime convention there I think, so I think there is a slim chance we could see that one, even if it's just in Europe (and the PS3 isn't region-coded, so...).

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2011, 11:38:56 AM »

Xillia will be released here.  I have no basis for this statement other than the fact that Xillia is both the highest rated and fastest selling Tales game ever.  It's not some obscure entry in the franchise.  Unless Namco Bandai wants to abandon the series in the west entirely they're going to localize Xillia.

That said, Graces f still isn't even out yet so they're not going to want to start hyping Xillia already.  I seriously doubt there will be any kind of official announcement until after Graces f is released.

But I will bet $100 that there will be a Xillia localization announcement before the end of 2012.  I'm dead serious about that if anyone wants to take me up on it.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »

Xillia will be released here.  I have no basis for this statement other than the fact that Xillia is both the highest rated and fastest selling Tales game ever.  It's not some obscure entry in the franchise.  Unless Namco Bandai wants to abandon the series in the west entirely they're going to localize Xillia.

That said, Graces f still isn't even out yet so they're not going to want to start hyping Xillia already.  I seriously doubt there will be any kind of official announcement until after Graces f is released.

But I will bet $100 that there will be a Xillia localization announcement before the end of 2012.  I'm dead serious about that if anyone wants to take me up on it.

Youre beautiful Kevadu.  I hate the fuckers  who are like "WE'LL NEVER GET IT HERE...LULZ"

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »

Even though it sold really well over Japan, Bandai Namco is so surely still thinking we Americans aren't hardcore enough to buy lots of copies.

That or the game is way too Japanese for our limit to stand Japanese games they believe we have.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: