Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 09:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330064 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 98 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 91732 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

WHy are we still on this "it stays in Japan ALL THA TIME" train still.  We got Graces didn't we?

Pessimism over the state of the industry combined with a track record with gaping holes. Though given the output seems to have been dialed back some I'd be more optimistic about reliably seeing these come over, and Xillia 2 would imply skipping Xillia also skips Xillia 2, and thus going years without new ones.

The only really major titles we missed were the handhelds and, the sort of odd-ball of the bunch, Rebirth and ToD2 [J].  But of all these, I think the only one worth really weeping about was missing the PS2 ToD remake and MAAAYBE Hearts.  I'd raise an eyebrow if anyone here was so keen on wanting the sort of half-assed spin-offs.

Anyways, I feel like the posts from the UK Tales Teams are being ignored, but I certainly would rather hear "stay tuned" than "no plans".

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

It would be nice if we could get Xilia before the end of the year, even better if before that time of the year that all you see selling are the same franchises of sports games, FPS and some annualized series.
Even Nisa and Gust are making an effort to shorten the gap between the releases I truly can't see how it hurts Namco so much to release some games before the South Pole starts melting.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »

You forgot about the PS3 version of Vesperia, which had way more content than the 360 version. Didn't even get a dlc option for it on 360. It's stuff like this that makes me ride the jp onry train.

I hope I am just being a pessimistic fuckhole, but whamco blandai has shit in my cereal before, so I keep a realistic feet firmly on the ground approach to this.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »

Actually, you need to blame Microsoft on that one. They paid big money to have the exclusivity.
Then again, who knows, maybe without MS paying for the localization it would have never come outside of Japan.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: June 03, 2012, 11:18:18 AM »

You forgot about the PS3 version of Vesperia, which had way more content than the 360 version. Didn't even get a dlc option for it on 360. It's stuff like this that makes me ride the jp onry train.

I hope I am just being a pessimistic fuckhole, but whamco blandai has shit in my cereal before, so I keep a realistic feet firmly on the ground approach to this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, very little was missed with Vesperia PS3.  Most importantly, it doesn't save the train wreck of a story it was.  I'm only sad we lost out on a non-copy/paste bonus dungeon.  The other dungeon that was added, meant to be hit thanks to storyline, was an annoying dark/light mechanic sewer dungeon in Dahngrest.  In the PS3 version, you had to cross it, it took about 20 minutes.  In the 360 version, you just had to walk to the other side of town....

If anything, I'd yell at Namdai for keeping files on the 360 that have coding for Patty and English voice clips for Rita's Indignation (fishy fishy).

I'm surprised MS still cares about exclusivity by this point anyways.  The game is OOP, not like they're really making money off it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:42:10 AM by Dice » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

It may be that it's simply too late to bother with at this point, late PS3 ports generally do pretty terribly. In some ways it'd probably do better than ME2's admittedly, new content for PS3 people would care about versus just getting the DLC for free and some comic thing meant to make up for not getting the first game, in which case 360 owners got the better deal anyway (and ultimately COULD buy that comic for cheap.) Besides, it's more important we get the game in a decent state in the first place, and it sounds like the 360 version does have a performance edge over PS3. This isn't like, say, having a bunch of Tales of Phantasia ports, and we only get the worst one of them.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/tales/posts/449805515048995

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »

Heavy speculation that Tales of Xillia will be announced at the gaming expo going on in Europe -- this is a shot from Hideo baba (the big producer-sama behind the series) having "Milla arrive in Europe"... I just wonder, are they gonna "Xenoblade it" and localize it there too??

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »

Heavy speculation that Tales of Xillia will be announced at the gaming expo going on in Europe -- this is a shot from Hideo baba (the big producer-sama behind the series) having "Milla arrive in Europe"... I just wonder, are they gonna "Xenoblade it" and localize it there too??

That's an Embraer 175... so from a Brazilian company.
Tales of Xillia confirmed for South America!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: July 03, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »

That's an Embraer 175... so from a Brazilian company.
Tales of Xillia confirmed for South America!

It also says "Alitalia"...so Italy.

Mind you I'm impressed you know the craft of all things.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:03:04 PM by Dice » Logged

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2012, 10:02:01 PM »

Even if Xillia is Europe-only at least the PS3 isn't region-coded for PS3 games. I do hope they don't pull a Tales of Destiny and deny us part two of the story in Englsih.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »

No way it comes to Europe and not North America.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2012, 10:30:25 PM »

Even if Xillia is Europe-only at least the PS3 isn't region-coded for PS3 games. I do hope they don't pull a Tales of Destiny and deny us part two of the story in Englsih.
Tales of Destiny 2 had a shitty story anyway.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: July 03, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »

A bad story does not necessarily a bad game make.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »

A bad story does not necessarily a bad game make.
It wasn't terribly great in the gameplay department either, IMO.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 98 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: