Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327451 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 83094 times)
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: July 08, 2012, 02:57:39 AM »

Pretty much. I don't even want to play my copy of Vesperia anymore. Knowing how much is missing would just make it feel incomplete. But, I still know the basic story, and what's done is done, so I'd rather focus on the new stuff. I'm at least happy we got the "definitive" version of Graces.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »

Out of these 3 which one would you recommend playing first? Abyss, graces F, or vesperia.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

Out of these 3 which one would you recommend playing first? Abyss, graces F, or vesperia.
If you intend to play all three, I'd play them in order of release, since abyss has less features and may feel stiff after graces f or vesperia.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: July 09, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »

Definitely Abyss.  Just be prepared for a fairly long journey. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: July 09, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »

Fourth-ded.  Unfortunately, Abyss hasn't aged the best gameplay wise, but I still say it's years ahead of the others in terms of story.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2012, 04:52:55 AM »

Still haven't played Graces, but I really enjoyed Abyss(aside from the overabundance of skits) alot, and Vesperia.  Leaning more towards Abyss since its story was pretty damn amazing.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

Fourth-ded.  Unfortunately, Abyss hasn't aged the best gameplay wise, but I still say it's years ahead of the others in terms of story.

ok thanks. A good story is a big plus in my book.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »

I still need to open graces but felt Abyss had the best story out of all them. And It was longer than I expected, did no sidequests and took me 60hours!!

Solid game, Story gets better and better in Abyss.

Vesperia might be a slight edge over abyss gameplay wise, but the story is pretty good. the 3rd part is the weakest, its still solid, just felt like 5 hours of going around chasing the end game boss knowing quite well who the end boss is.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »

Fifthed. I feel Abyss has some of the best characters of any game period.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »

Fifthed. I feel Abyss has some of the best characters of any game period.

Ion, appearance and relative wussy-ness aside, has to be one of the greatest NPC characters seen in a while.

Oh. For people who like figures and such, the Tales Nendo's are being shown off.
http://gscmikatan.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/nendoroid-petite-tales-series/
Kinda want? Petites are kinda oblong for my liking.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:54:52 PM by Dice » Logged

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: July 19, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »

Abyss. Though, unlike the others, I think the gameplay is solid. I actually consider the gameplay in Vesparia to be a HUGE step down, I felt like it was trying too hard. Haven't played Graces though (I will soon, because I'm getting a PS3). However, Abyss looks terrible, I'll warn ya. It's practically PS1 level graphics. After Symphonia, it's kinda sad. Vesparia's pretty, has a few really good characters, but is kinda vacant.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »

Easy there prime, abyss doesn't look that terrible. It's competent PS2 level graphics for a mid life PS2 rpg. Having played it only a couple months ago, it was no eyesore or anything, just looks like an older game. Doesn't detract from the game's feel.

TASTY!
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »

Tales of Legendia is the one that looks like a PS1 game, and even it doesn't look that bad. It just looks really budget. The only real way in which Abyss is a step back is that it doesn't have cel shading. That's it. Graces looks kind of blah for a PS3 game, especially considering Eternal Sonata, but it's a remake of a Wii game, so I'll give it some slack.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »

Tales of Legendia is the one that looks like a PS1 game, and even it doesn't look that bad. It just looks really budget. The only real way in which Abyss is a step back is that it doesn't have cel shading. That's it. Graces looks kind of blah for a PS3 game, especially considering Eternal Sonata, but it's a remake of a Wii game, so I'll give it some slack.

Say what?!  Did you see the scenery in that game?  I thought it looked better than 90% of games

Only problem is it's the only of the prev. gen titles that didn't "zoom in" or show any dynamic shots during story events.

Abyss looked awful.  But it got the body proportions most accurate.  I thought Symphonia looked way better if not for the fact the character models all looked like Fisher Price toys.

Problem with the series, and this wasn't fixed till Graces' motion-capture, was the stoic animation. That's one reason Abyss looked awful, the cutscenes were very wooden and quick.

I always found Tales series did backgrounds to a stellar degree though, that's why I've always loved their graphics anyways.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »

I recently started Abyss, and I think it looks great, especially the expressions, but I still think some PS1 games look great, so...

Love the story too. Wish I could play Vesperia, because Yuri sounds awesome.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: