Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 23, 2014, 12:13:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341357 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 112 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 119906 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: April 14, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »

Kinda torn about the CE. Not that it isn't fantastic, because it certainly is, but I have enough crap just lying around that I don't know if a Milla statue would get any use at all. To be perfectly honest, the only collector's bonus item that I've gotten any real mileage out of is that mousepad from Agarest War 1, and I use it proudly to this day.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »

I'm real blue Canada is everything BUT mentioned for the CE.  That's like....almost RACISTSheesh (or Nation-ist? Countrist??)  I'm hoping we hear something by Monday.  If not, get ready for me to bug fellow Fanners to be paid for their American-priveldge. D:

Maybe even Commune-ist. :v

Or perhaps this is the price for having retailers breaking street dates like it ain't no thang.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: April 14, 2013, 04:46:58 PM »

Kinda torn about the CE. Not that it isn't fantastic, because it certainly is, but I have enough crap just lying around that I don't know if a Milla statue would get any use at all. To be perfectly honest, the only collector's bonus item that I've gotten any real mileage out of is that mousepad from Agarest War 1, and I use it proudly to this day.

I still use my agarest mousepad too!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »

I'm real blue Canada is everything BUT mentioned for the CE.  That's like....almost RACISTSheesh (or Nation-ist? Countrist??)  I'm hoping we hear something by Monday.  If not, get ready for me to bug fellow Fanners to be paid for their American-priveldge. D:

Maybe even Commune-ist. :v

Or perhaps this is the price for having retailers breaking street dates like it ain't no thang.

...shit.... karma biting my butt. 

EDIT: Shit.  Xillia has me worried in that I really don't think a battle system is going to make me as happy as the pinacle that Graces reached.  Made worse by the glaring flaws in Xillia's battle system from the get-go.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:56:07 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: April 15, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »

EDIT: Shit.  Xillia has me worried in that I really don't think a battle system is going to make me as happy as the pinacle that Graces reached.  Made worse by the glaring flaws in Xillia's battle system from the get-go.

That is my biggest concern as well. I LOVED the graces F battle system. Going back to something more abyss-ish will really feel like de-evolvotion  to a certain extent.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: April 15, 2013, 02:39:14 PM »

I didn't really like Graces' battle system, simply because the game's difficulty forced you to be good at it. I've never been all that good at Tales' battle system, but at least with games like Abyss and Vesperia, the game let you experience just about everything the games had to offer without being a master of the battle system.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: April 15, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »

That is my biggest concern as well. I LOVED the graces F battle system. Going back to something more abyss-ish will really feel like de-evolvotion  to a certain extent.

While I agree that Graces has an amazingly deep battle system (that I'm still getting the hang of), I won't hate a return to a Vesperia/Abyss style battle system. I loved fighting in Vesperia, so even if it is a step down, I'm sure it will still be fun.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: April 15, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »

kinda funny since i felt graces battle system was dumbed down for wii mote play you have less freedom to make your own como like you could in abyss.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: April 16, 2013, 10:48:19 AM »

Are you in Europe? If so, you could always get the Day One Edition.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »

I don't know what came over me last night when I went to pick up Soul Hackers at the midnight release for Injustice but I simply could not help myself... I pre-purchased another Xilia LE... they told me I could buy a third if I wanted... I can see this becoming a problem if I let it...

In other news I am happy to hear that the Tales series will never become Skyrim.-Lol
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/15/tales-of-producer-talks-about-jrpg-changes-over-15-years-of-tales/

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »

Are you in Europe? If so, you could always get the Day One Edition.

I am not, but that is a sweet deal. Still, artbooks and soundtracks come to my place to die, unfortunately. I usually give the book a look through once or twice, but they never really sweeten the pot. And soundtracks might get a listen, but usually if there's a song from the game I wanna hear I go to YouTube. I know, I'm horrible :/.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: April 17, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »

I personally think Graces F's battle system is the best in the series.  They have really pretty much perfected it.  I don't see a tales game with much more improvement in the system itself... I really hope they keep most elements of it.

The things I really liked about graces f' system comparing to Vesperia, Abyss, Symphonia, and so on:

1) Give you rewards for actually turning up the difficultly
2) Allow you to unlock all difficulties in one playthrough, which means you can experience almost everything in one play-though
3) Godly number of mystic artes
4) Combo activated MA, which rewards high # of hits
5) Switch characters on the fly without cycling, this is important and open up a lot of single player combo opportunities.  I believe this is the first in the series to do so
6) Multiple way to learn/earn artes
7) If you are good at the battle system, you can master the titles really quickly, very few/almost no grindings needed.
8) Varieties of optional bosses

I can go on and on..

Personally think Graces F is the pinnacle of JRPG battle system/mechanics design.  This is it, there will be no better ones.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: April 18, 2013, 01:12:54 AM »

thats like saying p4a is the pinnacle of fighting games because it has auto combos. cause what it actually is.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: April 18, 2013, 07:45:17 AM »

This.
Most Tales do it too, but I feel this one gives you enough to make you want to do it while the other games usually just feel cheap at the risk VS reward.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: April 18, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

This.
Most Tales do it too, but I feel this one gives you enough to make you want to do it while the other games usually just feel cheap at the risk VS reward.

I agree, I think the battle system is near-perfect (certainly makes up for any of the others games flaws - though I do like the overall themes of it).  Abyss' idea of "difficulty" was one of the worst though (high damage, high HP...  AI).
Hope we see this style of combat again next Tales.  I'm cool with TP and all, but I loved the flexibility of Graces' system.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 112 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: