Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327949 Posts in 13430 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 84540 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:39 AM »

Tales fans will never be pleased.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »

Tales fans will never be pleased.

Perhaps all future CE releases should come with an effigy of Namco Bandai to burn. I believe it would appeal to some of the "fans."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:22:18 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: April 21, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about Hearts and Innocence.  It's on an over-priced system and the games look like hell for a Vita title.  The fact Baba said he wasn't interested based on the Vita's less than stellar sales makes sense to me.  If anything, I'd give up a whole boob to see Tales of Destiny for the PS2 released on PSN.  Cuz hot damn.

The effigy is still a funny idea though.
And otherwise, I'm still a Tales enthusiast and the series makes me really happy as a (somewhat) reliably released JRPG that's usually/always "pretty good" or better. 

I mean:
'Shadow Hearts - Dead.
Wild Arms - Dead.
Breath of Fire - Dead.
Grandia - Dead.
Mana - Probably dead.
Arc the Lad - Dead after End of Darkness (though EoD wasn't great at all)
Might and Magic - Dead
Ultima - Dead
Onimusha - Likely dead."

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: April 21, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about Hearts and Innocence.  It's on an over-priced system and the games look like hell for a Vita title.  The fact Baba said he wasn't interested based on the Vita's less than stellar sales makes sense to me.  If anything, I'd give up a whole boob to see Tales of Destiny for the PS2 released on PSN.  Cuz hot damn.

The effigy is still a funny idea though.
And otherwise, I'm still a Tales enthusiast and the series makes me really happy as a (somewhat) reliably released JRPG that's usually/always "pretty good" or better. 

I mean:
'Shadow Hearts - Dead.
Wild Arms - Dead.
Breath of Fire - Dead.
Grandia - Dead.
Mana - Probably dead.
Might and Magic - Dead
Ultima - Dead
Onimusha - Likely dead."

I completely agree with you Dice. I too would love to see the ToD remake; that would be totes baller. I like to think of myself as a Tales of fan as well, since the games scratch a very specific itch that no other game can. I was just more or less poking fun at the attitudes of some of the other fans. I certainly am proud to be a Tales of fan. :)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: April 21, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »

im not saying i dont like the battle system but calling it the best tales battle system would offend me as much as someone saying smash bros is the best fighting game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: April 21, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »

Baba admitting outright that nothing is happening with Vita's Innocence and Hearts is one thing, but he's been tight-lipped with regards to VesPS3.  Obviously nothing is outright being said here, but I *am* the type to read into a company tweeting "winks".

OMG, are they still fondling with this idea?? Why do they love to play with my emotions?

At this point, instead of vesperia ps3, I would prefer to move on and focusing on getting Xillia 1 and 2 quickly in the U.S.  Seriously, is there any point to release this now?

im not saying i dont like the battle system but calling it the best tales battle system would offend me as much as someone saying smash bros is the best fighting game.

To me, it's the most fun system I played in the series, and I've played most tales titles.  Maybe it's really pointless to argue what is the best seeing they all have upsides and flaws.  To me the graces one felt most satisfying and had least amount of flaws.  

BTW some people do consider smash as a great fighting game (and guess what it's in EVO this year).  I don't think it's the best fighting game but it apparently is good enough to have people donate enough money to see a >10 years old game to be in the main EVO event.

'Shadow Hearts - Dead.
Wild Arms - Dead.
Breath of Fire - Dead.
Grandia - Dead.
Mana - Probably dead.
Might and Magic - Dead
Ultima - Dead
Onimusha - Likely dead."

And Suikoden is mostly dead.  And Valkyrie Profile series, and star ocean series (will they make a new one?) /sadface

In the upside, we have the new IPs like Souls games, and Ni no kuni.  And some old ones are going strong like tales and Atelier.  So it's not all bad really.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:38:44 PM by lavarock » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: April 21, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »

It's the best Tales battle system.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: April 21, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »

now your just trolling

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: April 21, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »

Is the Xillia CE GameStop-only in North America?  All I'm seeing is "participating retailers," which doesn't tell me much, and the promo image only shows a URL for the PAL version.

I'd prefer not to buy from GameStop if possible.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: April 21, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »

now your just trolling

No, I was just stating my opinion.  You are free to state yours, of course, but you seem intent on not respecting any other points of view.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:08 PM »

Is the Xillia CE GameStop-only in North America?  All I'm seeing is "participating retailers," which doesn't tell me much, and the promo image only shows a URL for the PAL version.

You're about a week late.  EBgames.ca had it, but for like a few days. =/
Indie stores a go-go...or Gamestop + $20 shipping like a muthafucker. 

DESPPAAAIIR
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:27:58 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: April 22, 2013, 04:15:39 AM »

Might and Magic - Dead
Ultima - Dead

Whoa whoa whoa. Back that up sister. You greatly exaggerate the reports of their deaths.

Also; ^this.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: April 22, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a damn about Hearts and Innocence.  It's on an over-priced system and the games look like hell for a Vita title.  The fact Baba said he wasn't interested based on the Vita's less than stellar sales makes sense to me.  If anything, I'd give up a whole boob to see Tales of Destiny for the PS2 released on PSN.  Cuz hot damn.

Agree.  Hell, I'd pay full price for a legitimate translated copy.  I like Tales of Destiny so I was always sad we never got the sequel.

Also heard we missed out on Tales of Rebirth and that it was pretty good as well.  I remember someone on rpgfan saying otherwise that it was mediocre, but don't remember why or who.  I'd still like to play it though.

Might and Magic - Dead
Ultima - Dead

Whoa whoa whoa. Back that up sister. You greatly exaggerate the reports of their deaths.

Also; ^this.

Thirded.  One of the only Tales that, like others have said earlier, that playing any character is not only a viable option but a fun one as well.  Truthfully Vesperia could have been as well but I pretty much stuck to Yuri or Judith.  Tried old-man-bow-user and didn't find it very fun and he seemed weaker.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:05:29 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: April 23, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »

Might not be an issue any more since it seems that the Collector's Edition is no longer available even from Gamestop.....unfortunatly I found this out when I was planning on preordering it. >.>
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 23, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »

CE's on Amazon now.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: