Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328013 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 91 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 84736 times)
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: June 04, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »

Good deal then! I played the demo, but man...they didn't explain anything to you in that demo. I ran out of MP or whatever its called spamming dragon's swarm before I realized B could attack also. I won't start on this right away though, gonna finish up Digital Devil Saga then hop into it.

Edit: I lied. I'm around six hours in. Really enjoying it, except for insane difficulty spike at that boss from the demo. I said screw it and put it on easy to just kick his ass. Also I did it for the second fight with Zagi. How are you supposed to kill him otherwise?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:04:53 AM by Bleaker » Logged

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »

Good deal then! I played the demo, but man...they didn't explain anything to you in that demo. I ran out of MP or whatever its called spamming dragon's swarm before I realized B could attack also. I won't start on this right away though, gonna finish up Digital Devil Saga then hop into it.

Edit: I lied. I'm around six hours in. Really enjoying it, except for insane difficulty spike at that boss from the demo. I said screw it and put it on easy to just kick his ass. Also I did it for the second fight with Zagi. How are you supposed to kill him otherwise?

Yeah, demo boss for some reason is one of the harder bosses in the game (excluding any optional bosses).  I don't recall having to do anything special for zagi.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: June 06, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »

Yeah, demo boss for some reason is one of the harder bosses in the game (excluding any optional bosses).  I don't recall having to do anything special for zagi.

I actually find that guy one of the hardest standard Tales bosses amongst all the games since it's reeeaally hard to grind for that fight (that hill is the best place for EXP but sucks even for that time), s/he comes with two wolf pups, and the Secret Objective is pretty hard to pull off.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

This game is difficult. Barboss is a bitch. Seriously. Four damn tries. The only reason I lost is because of the damn cap on life bottles.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: June 06, 2013, 10:18:42 PM »

The thing with Zagi is to free run away from him and then attack after he missed you. If you get caught up in his combo, he does hurt a lot.

EDIT: well that or play wimpy and only attack with ranged attack like the good ole wind slash or whatnot.

the Secret Objective is pretty hard to pull off.

Not as bad as "shoot the heart"...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:26:48 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

the Secret Objective is pretty hard to pull off.

I winged that one... I was attacked and voila.
I had more of a dick time with the "Launch Zagi" one.

OH IF YOU ARE HERE, GO LOOK AT MY HELPER MONKEY TOPIC.  I THINK Y'ALL CAN HELP A SISTA OUT.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: June 06, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »

Beat Barbos, and beat Part 1. Only took me twelve hours. Is the length of this game greatly exaggerated or do I still have 60 hours left?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: June 06, 2013, 11:34:20 PM »

Beat Barbos, and beat Part 1. Only took me twelve hours. Is the length of this game greatly exaggerated or do I still have 60 hours left?

It's a 3 part game.
See how many sidequests you do, then you may/should hit that 60 hour mark.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: June 06, 2013, 11:36:59 PM »

I haven't found a single sidequest. I usually talk to everyone too. I best look up a sidequest guide.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: June 06, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »

I actually find that guy one of the hardest standard Tales bosses amongst all the games since it's reeeaally hard to grind for that fight (that hill is the best place for EXP but sucks even for that time), s/he comes with two wolf pups, and the Secret Objective is pretty hard to pull off.
You kill the wolf pups first. They actually do A LOT of damage over time. Do that and the fight goes MUCH smoother. Most people make the mistake of trying to down the big bad boss first, which ends with them getting picked off by the smaller enemies. Vesperia is one game where you actually require some tactics in order to effectively fight the bosses.

I haven't found a single sidequest. I usually talk to everyone too. I best look up a sidequest guide.
http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html
http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10343547508.html

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: June 07, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

Your awesome! Thanks!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: June 07, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »

I'm currently playing the PS3 version, so I'm in the same boat.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: June 07, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »

It is because of that damn secret mission that I will never, ever attempt to 100% that game a second time.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: June 07, 2013, 01:18:41 AM »

I like the idea of secret missions but I do no have the attention span to try to get them. It was a miracle a finished Vesperia at all.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: June 08, 2013, 03:00:23 AM »

OK, we can stop panicking.  Both the CE and LE have the DLC costumes and the music CD is the same.  The only differences with the CE are the figure and art book.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 91 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: