Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319179 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 85 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 71700 times)
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: October 14, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-collectors-edition-announced

Symphonia Chronicles CE announced. Don't know if it'll make it to PALand but for $100 (+tax) big ones you'll get a game, an expensive coaster, five figurines, a soundtrack CD, a fix-fic manga, and a nice box.

Unfortunately, the Xillia CE was only just ever so barely worth it to begin with for me, there's no way in hell am I getting this. Symphonia was a good game and all, but a) I already have a copy on the GCN, b) none of the feelies are that worth it (well okay, the soundtrack might be, but Symphonia's character designs were more miss than hit to me, and FtNW's designs can go die in a fire for all I care), and c) I can't imagine them fixing From the New World to the point of becoming worth playing.

Fancy box just takes up too much space (and while UFOTable are a great animation studio, their "style" is kinda superficial to me).
Figures?  Cute, but after a month: Duct-collectors
OST: If they redid the soundtrack then maybe

I guess I'm curious about the novel, but nothing more than that.  Yeah, I'm probably sitting out of this CE.

This is made worse if the game by itself is going for that "HD Price Tag" of $40-50.  I really, reallly don't wanna pay an extra $50+ for some assorted goodies.

You guys sure know how to make a Klyde feel like a real sucker for opening my wallet for all these trinkets...

@Dice- I know they only collect dust! BUT NOTHING WEARS DUST BETTER, or looks more adorable in spite of being adorned in it... THEN A COLLECTORS EDITION FIGURINE DAMMIT!!!

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 14, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »

Great, now I really want Xillia 2. I still need to get Xillia, apparently it's on sale this week in the True North.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: October 14, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »

@Dice- I know they only collect dust! BUT NOTHING WEARS DUST BETTER, or looks more adorable in spite of being adorned in it... THEN A COLLECTORS EDITION FIGURINE DAMMIT!!!

I don't know about that.  I actually have a fair number of figures but they're things I bought separately.  LE pack-in figures tend to be cheap and low quality.  Mainly because high-quality figures are pretty expensive and would dominate the price of the total package...

These are "Chibi Kyun Chara" figures, basically Banpresto's answer to Nendoroid petites.  Which themselves are already pretty cheap.  So there's a respectable name behind these at least but they're not exactly high end figures...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: October 14, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »

I thought the Milla figure that was in Xillia's SE was of quite good quality.  Definitely better than I was expecting, certainly.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: October 14, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »

I thought the Milla figure that was in Xillia's SE was of quite good quality.  Definitely better than I was expecting, certainly.

But that Alter one......SO PRETTY (ironically, I find it looks a lot less like how Inomata drew her though, the CE figure looks much more like her art).  YMMV then.  I think it's nice enough, but $60 for CE goods this time around just ain't working for me right now (since I'm jobless n' all)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:48:37 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: October 15, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »

Well this collectors is selling fast...

Already sold out on Bandai Namco store.

If anyone aside from me wants to be a sucker and pick this up, Amazon and Gamestop still have/had it available as of an hour ago.

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:44 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/tales-of-link-bibliotheca-debut-trailers

For completionist's sake here's a pair of trailers for Tales of titles.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: October 16, 2013, 06:46:05 AM »

Well this collectors is selling fast...

Already sold out on Bandai Namco store.

If anyone aside from me wants to be a sucker and pick this up, Amazon and Gamestop still have/had it available as of an hour ago.
Geez, that is an insane sell out speed. Just put in my preorder on Amazon (which doesn't come up with the listing if you just put in Tales of Symphonia, have to include the whole title).
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: October 18, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »

I just want to thank you guys for mentioning that it was still available for pre-order on GameStop's site. I freaked out today when I saw it was sold out on the other sites.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/next-tales-of-teaser-site-launched

Looks like the next Tales of PlayStations(s) will soon be revealed.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:59 PM »

DAMN YOU MAN.... way to stay on top of things!   :)

I'm excite! :D

EDIT:  Unless it's Xillia 3: Milla Returns....Then I quit the series.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:44:26 PM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: November 27, 2013, 02:25:33 AM »

I'm betting we'll finally be seeing Tales of Zesty. Do not afraid the future! Believe in the sign of Z!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: November 27, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »

Tales of Zesty is such a sexy and unorthodox name.  Want.  Also, the word "Vesperia" has been popping up a lot since the site opened -- but I'm gonna try to not read into it.

http://tales-ch.jp/css/top.css
("tov20")

Oh, in other news, and to those who like throwing money at costumes: Xillia's Santa DLC is up. :S
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:54:12 AM by Dice » Logged

Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: November 27, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »

Tales of Zesty is such a sexy and unorthodox name.

Well, I think it's clear that:

(a man can dream ;_;)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: November 27, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »

Tales of Zesty is such a sexy and unorthodox name.

Well, I think it's clear that:

(a man can dream ;_;)

Given how abrupt and cheated I feel about the ToV ending, plus the world without super-magical Blastia and a B-Plot that had monsters as a major issue (a plot point that was pretty much...dropped) I think it could work to have a sequel.  Plus, since companies are being lazy/cheap/resourceful (pick whatever you want to call it), they'd have the resources so they wouldn't have to make a game from the ground-up again.

But i dunno... I kinda like "fresh" and new titles than sequels.

EDIT: GODDAMN IT I SAID I WASN"T GONNA SPECULATE

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 85 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: