Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 106 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 105792 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: December 16, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »

I'd be down for puzzles in dungeons as long as it's not like in Innocence R where you can get random encounters in the middle of a puzzle. That's just annoying.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: December 16, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »

With all this talk of past Tales games I just want to express my sadness that, thanks to the Era of DLC, a Tales game will probably never again be as chock full of awesome costumes as Vesperia was. I should play through that game again so I can kick more ass with Magical Girl Estelle.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: December 16, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »

I'd be down for puzzles in dungeons as long as it's not like in Innocence R where you can get random encounters in the middle of a puzzle. That's just annoying.

You just hit the nail on the head sir.

I can think of very few gameplay mechanics that agitate me more than random encounters while solving puzzles.

Can you imagine if you had random encounters during the final light puzzle in Graces F (sand country underground ruin dungeon place). The exact location name escapes me but I KNOW you guys remember what I'm talking about.... if there were random encounters during that, I would have been stuck for days....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: December 16, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »

LOL< I wouldn't have been stuck at all....I would have quit

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »

LOL< I wouldn't have been stuck at all....I would have quit

ditto.

The first ones aren't too bad, but imagine the last one with encounters...
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: December 17, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/jump-reveals-first-tales-zestiria-character-details

Some character details. Pretty much confirms that the male is the game's main character. Also, how does a Princess Knight even work? Is she her own knight in shining armor, or is she the princess of one country and the knight of a princess of a second country?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: December 17, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »

Princess knight? Maybe that's her masculine look and she's failing miserably?

The sane thing would be her having half a dozen older siblings, making her more expendable than the avarage prince(ss), giving her the freedom to do heroic shit. ... But I guess she's once again an only child with no interest in the throne, or something.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: December 17, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »

Princess knight? Maybe that's her masculine look and she's failing miserably?

The sane thing would be her having half a dozen older siblings, making her more expendable than the avarage prince(ss), giving her the freedom to do heroic shit. ... But I guess she's once again an only child with no interest in the throne, or something.

Now while the former would make the most sense, its far more likely to either be the latter or the case where she did have an older brother who disappeared on an expedition and to solve the mystery of his disappearance she must confront the evil empire's masked Black Knight who's fighting style is suspiciously identical to that of her missing brother's but she won't notice this until the end (or at least won't reveal that she noticed it until the end).

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a Tales Of plot point unless its a done to death cliché.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: December 17, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »

Sorry, anime art rant:

I fucking hate the main female for her stupid hair loopy going getting through the middle of her face.  They couldn't settle on bangs or long side swept hair or even put off the loopy to the edge of her hairline...NOooOooOoo they put it in the middle with the rest of her short bangs! I still and will acknowledge that Japanese designers quite often out-do their Western counter-parts with wildly different and creative designs.... for better or worse.

She looks like a cute little fucken flower otherwise.  A more rockin' Estelle, I guess.

Slay, clearly named because his parents are metal-heads, looks derivative or Ludger, Ky Kiske and a "Manise" (a male Anise from Tales of the Abyss).

I hope we get an old guy, or really shake things up with a woman older than 30 joining the party (which otherwise seems like taboo to involve). 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: December 17, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »

I'm more concerned with the fact that a knight is walking around in armor with 0 head protection. Course, that could explain the hair being that way?

TASTY!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: December 17, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »

I hope we get an old guy, or really shake things up with a woman older than 30 joining the party (which otherwise seems like taboo to involve). 

It's hard enough to get males over 30 in these games (and those that do are always considered to be old geezers; middle-age in a JRPG runs from 20 to 26) let alone females. And again, Tales of Game. It took them nearly a decade just to have a game not star a plucky if somewhat daft sword fighting kid from down town The Sticks (I refer to Legendia where the kid in question fights with his feests! instead). After that, the only exceptions were Vesperia (due to the main character not being a kid) and Xillia (where there were two main characters! And the male one fights with his feests!! HOLY SHEET!!!).

Then again, they could easily have a female over 30 joining the party. Just look at Fire Emblem: Awakening's Nowi. She's not only over 30, she's over a thousand (and looks and acts like she's 12, and you can have somebody both marry and have a child with her, including your own in-game expy no less). :v

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: December 17, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »

If we do get a woman over 30, we already know she's just going to be an under-dressed walking bust-line with generalized contempt for anything and everyone, particularly when her age or aforementioned embellished endowments enter the conversation.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: December 17, 2013, 02:18:53 PM »

If we do get a woman over 30, we already know she's just going to be an under-dressed walking bust-line with generalized contempt for anything and everyone, particularly when her age or aforementioned embellished endowments enter the conversation.

Which it always does.

Shame, maybe one day we'll get the skit to counter the girls talking about their boobs where the guys compare their dicks. :P

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: December 17, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »

Or maybe we could grow up and stop comparing sexual or maternal apparatus in order to put down others for the sake of cheap and uninspired humor.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: December 17, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »

Or maybe we could grow up and stop comparing sexual or maternal apparatus in order to put down others for the sake of cheap and uninspired humor.

In a JRPG?  Are you insane?

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 106 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: