Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327296 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 82314 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: December 17, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »

Or maybe we could grow up and stop comparing sexual or maternal apparatus in order to put down others for the sake of cheap and uninspired humor.

In a JRPG?  Are you insane?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: December 17, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »

you and me both, brutha.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: December 17, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »

If we do get a woman over 30, we already know she's just going to be an under-dressed walking bust-line with generalized contempt for anything and everyone, particularly when her age or aforementioned embellished endowments enter the conversation.

Hey, it has been done right! Well, almost anyway. Labyrinthia Wordsworth from Wild Arms XF is in fact, I kid you not, 34. And she'd not dressed liked a hooker who crashed into a rainbow. She's dressed very conservatively. Not very convenient on the battlefield, now that I think about it. On the other hand, this complete package of smart, strength and beauty has no need for walking. She warps. Also, her pet dog is
Code:
a god

Still sensitive about her age though.

In any case... Tales, your move!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: December 17, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

The Princess Knight thing reminds me of some wierd mixture of Estelle and Meruru.  I'm hoping it makes more sense in the final product (haha, right).

Mixed thoughts on the main character.  I hate his official art. Loathe it. It feels very punchable.  On the other hand, the first impression description makes him seem like a bit of an intellectual, which makes it forgivable.  He does sound a bit like Jude in that he's a too-nice of guy into research.

tl;dr
I suppose we'll have to wait and see. We all know what we're getting into when we play Tales of.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: December 18, 2013, 05:46:20 AM »

Or maybe we could grow up and stop comparing sexual or maternal apparatus in order to put down others for the sake of cheap and uninspired humor.

I agree. Lets stop with that, and compare culinary aptitude in order to put down others for the sake of cheap and uninspired humor instead.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: December 18, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »

I agree. Lets stop with that, and compare culinary aptitude in order to put down others for the sake of cheap and uninspired humor instead.

I'm down with that.
My sponge cakes bring all the boys to the yard~
Damn right, they're better than yours~

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: December 21, 2013, 02:08:11 AM »

PREEETY Cool news:

Sakuraba is doing the OST.....
ALLEGEDLY: So is Go Shiina (who did Legendia's music)!

http://youtu.be/mnjMvL72WO4
Trailer in HQ from the reveal

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: December 21, 2013, 02:11:20 AM »

ALLEGEDLY: So is Go Shiina

That would be godly.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: December 25, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »

Princess knight? Maybe that's her masculine look and she's failing miserably?

The sane thing would be her having half a dozen older siblings, making her more expendable than the avarage prince(ss), giving her the freedom to do heroic shit. ... But I guess she's once again an only child with no interest in the throne, or something.

Now while the former would make the most sense, its far more likely to either be the latter or the case where she did have an older brother who disappeared on an expedition and to solve the mystery of his disappearance she must confront the evil empire's masked Black Knight who's fighting style is suspiciously identical to that of her missing brother's but she won't notice this until the end (or at least won't reveal that she noticed it until the end).

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a Tales Of plot point unless its a done to death cliché.

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/tales-zestiria-detailed-famitsu

If this is correct, then man, how wrong I was.

At least, if again, this is anything to go by, the main character will likely be an idiot hero for at least part of the game, so they're not bucking tradition entirely here.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: December 25, 2013, 02:32:29 PM »

The main MC sounds about as interesting as a bag of potatoes so far...  Like a Jude Mk. II.  I'm hoping he'll be fleshed out, but he sounds like another ambitious, oblivious do-gooder that we've seen from not only the series but from countless JRPGs (I have SOME hope in that Tales games are usually good at playing up stereotypes in an entertaining way).

Allegedly (from Abyssal Chronicles), the game will have a bit of a religious focus:
The World of Tales of Zestiria
The main setting, as we mentioned before, is in the Continent of Greenwood, where the Kingdom of Highland and the Empire of Lowlance are fighting for rule and supremacy. In this setting, there are actually multiple religious beliefs, but all those beliefs surprisingly have one thing in common: their belief in those that are called the 天族 (tenzoku, The Divine People). The reason that the existence of The Divine is common in all those beliefs, despite no one having actually seen them for themselves, is because from time to time, there are people who appear that can communicate with The Divine. These people, who are able to borrow the powers of The Divine, are called 導師 (doushi, literally Priests, Monks, Sages, Gurus, etc.). They are even considered saviors given the power of God to some.

A long time passed, and deep within a forest called The Forest of The Divine lies something that resembles a utopia where humans and The Divine can live together. There, other humans cannot enter, and the "impurity" that has been spreading throughout the world does not affect that place.

The story starts there with Thray/Slay, who has been brought up isolated from the world outside, and carries a pure and clean heart.

Official (hi-res) art from the artists responsible for the designs and UFOTable is up now too
http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1192
More deets and scans inside

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: December 25, 2013, 04:42:10 PM »

The sane thing would be her having half a dozen older siblings, making her more expendable than the avarage prince(ss), giving her the freedom to do heroic shit. ... But I guess she's once again an only child with no interest in the throne, or something.

Now while the former would make the most sense, its far more likely to either be the latter or the case where she did have an older brother who disappeared on an expedition and to solve the mystery of his disappearance she must confront the evil empire's masked Black Knight who's fighting style is suspiciously identical to that of her missing brother's but she won't notice this until the end (or at least won't reveal that she noticed it until the end).

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a Tales Of plot point unless its a done to death cliché.
[/quote]

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/tales-zestiria-detailed-famitsu

If this is correct, then man, how wrong I was.

[/quote]

Well, look at that...

"The government is separated from the hand of royalty and nobles, and a bureaucratic organization is being molded."

"A princess at the lowest rung of the heirs to the throne of Highland"

Tales has discovered logic! :D

I never liked the 'Yeah, let's have several world leaders risk their lives for a better future!' thing. As if those people don't have anything better to do. Hero standards are pretty low (a child with a stuffed animal qualifies!), why not send someone more expendable to go final boss killing? You need those leaders around alive and well in case you need a plan B! >_<

(Which is why I prefer the Xbox 360 version of Tales of Vesperia. Flynn has no business in the party. Yuri handling things behind the scenes while Flynn did all the proper leader stuff (which he was very good at!) made much more sense.)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: December 25, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »

Edit: I'm an idiot.  Never mind.

Edit edit: Thanks for the clearer link, Dice.  I hadn't seen that top image.  The MC looks a little less obnoxious outside the official art, but he still sounds pretty plain.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 08:44:31 PM by Cyril » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: January 04, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »

I just realized while posting in another thread and starting Vesperia this weekend something very unique about the Tales franchise for me.

They are truly a complete breather for me in terms of RPGs. My mind can be engrossed in them like other RPGs but they totally relax me in the same care-free manner of indulging anime or some other genre of gaming.

Typical RPG's tax my brain in a strategic sense and can really proof cognitively difficult to handle if over-done. I'm not saying Tales is void of strategic elements, but they are the only series I can think of that don't burn me out in that sense at all.

I know vesperia is a 360 title and thus not a thread appropriate title so forgive me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: January 05, 2014, 09:24:13 AM »

I know vesperia is a 360 title and thus not a thread appropriate title so forgive me.
Tales of Vesperia is a PS3 title also! I have a copy of it in my living room!......now if only the translation patch would hurry the freak up. Oh well at least skits, story, and NPC dialogue have been verified. Just 2% for Misc., 8% for Menu, and unknown percent for the Bar of Magic till I can finally enjoy it in all its glory!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: January 05, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »

Tales of Vesperia is a PS3 title also! I have a copy of it in my living room!......now if only the translation patch would hurry the freak up. Oh well at least skits, story, and NPC dialogue have been verified. Just 2% for Misc., 8% for Menu, and unknown percent for the Bar of Magic till I can finally enjoy it in all its glory!

The prerequisites to make the PS3 patch work are reaaallly gonna hamper how many can play it though...  I wonder if they can figure out another way to get others to play?

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: