Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 11:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331470 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 103 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 97111 times)
PrismFlux
Contributing Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: January 15, 2014, 02:31:21 PM »

I'm no expert on audio recording, but I did sleep at a Holyday Inn Express last night...
Sounds to me like a not so good mic without a cover on it (or screen)

The recording equipment was fine really. It's like Dice said though.  They literally have a process called de-essing. They dropped the ball for Milla. Listen to other recordings that Minae Noji has done and you'll see that she does not have a lisp. It would probably be easiest to look on YouTube for clips of her acting in the show General Hospital.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:04 PM »

So I don't know if this is a glitch, but it's starting to piss me off. I'm doing my second run of Graces, and everyone's titles keep changing. I've tried to change Asbel's five times now, but every so often it'll just change back to Nimble Fang Adept. It's enraging me. Richard's just changed back to his first title for no reason too. Am I missing something here?
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »

I completely forget how it works now, but I know there's a feature on the titles screen that lets you toggle some kind of auto-update to Titles in order to avoid losing experience.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: January 16, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »

Thanks. I'll have to mess around to look for it, I guess.

EDIT: Yep, that was definitely the problem. Odd though, I don't recall ever using or even knowing about that option the first playthrough, and it seemed to be manual by default then. Wonder why it switched now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:07:51 PM by Nel » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1024 on: January 21, 2014, 12:08:31 AM »

Finally beat Xillia. I will express my thoughts with major spoilers below:

Code:
BOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGGGGG.

Okay, I lied, NOW I will express my thoughts with major spoilers (not kidding this time, there will be major spoilers):

Seriously, the whole thing was incredibly dull. Sure, it's solid overall for gameplay, but the whole game I felt like: "Who cares?" Oh, Alvin betrayed us again? Whatever. Alvin shot Leia? Oh well. Rowen watched Nachtigal die? Boo hoo. Muzet went all crazy? Meh. Jude and Milla had to part at the end? Good riddance.

I was cheering for Gaius the whole time. He was a cool dude. Also: dull ending.

The combat system was good, but I kept thinking "Not as good as Graces" the whole time, so that brought it down for me. The overworld was lifeless, bland and repetitive. I liked that some costume-things were included as NOT paid DLC. I liked the shop upgrade system, but I didn't like that every shop sold the same thing--even [SPOILER]
Code:
on a different world!

While all that sounds very negative, like I said, it was a solid game--just very by-the-numbers and disastrous for characters and plot. I did finish it though, so I guess that says something.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:10:16 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: January 21, 2014, 12:36:00 AM »

I liked Gaius a lot as well.  

Code:
Maybe it's just because I'm getting older and, as I age, I'm becoming more pragmatic, but nothing he did was
particularly villainous or evil to me.  He barely even counted as an antagonist in my book.

Though in truth I do believe that was the point, since the game states outright that Jude quite idolized him and might have ended up following Gaius if he hadn't met and wasn't crushing over Milla.
Code:
Also, he was originally designed as a playable character, so he clearly wasn't meant to be the final villain.  But given the
rush job that is the last 1/4 of the game, this should be pretty obvious.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1026 on: January 21, 2014, 12:42:16 AM »

Code:
Awwwwww he was originally playable?

I feel so jipped now. :( This is Chalcedony and Flynn (360 version) all over again...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: January 21, 2014, 12:43:30 AM »

I honestly wish there was Gaius DLC chapter like they did for Luc in Suiko4.

1000% agree Flaming.. the game was boring.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: January 21, 2014, 01:37:45 AM »

I got so bored I never even finished it...

rancidweasel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: January 21, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »

43 hours in and im not bored yet.  ive kiiiiinda been obsessing over the titles lately so a lot of those hours have been used through title grinding....which has lead to me being overpowered when it comes to the boss fights. 

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: January 24, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »

I sort of feel the same. While I guess I enjoyed it, I felt it was missing that x-factor that Graces F had.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: January 24, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »

43 hours in and im not bored yet.  ive kiiiiinda been obsessing over the titles lately so a lot of those hours have been used through title grinding....which has lead to me being overpowered when it comes to the boss fights. 

Go for the one-minute challenges!

Kurt can suck ass with respect to that.
Suck ass, Kurt!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: January 24, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »

I'm only pushing 30 hours or so in Vesperia but have encountered the same problem. Grinding for materials for synthesis has left me a wee bit too strong. The difficulty balance is the only problem I've found thus far. On "normal" fights are way too easy for me at this point, but "hard" mode doesn't so much make the battles difficult as it just makes them lengthy and (after quite a few in a row) annoying to a point.

I hope the difficulty ramps up a bit (I just polished off the events at the colliseum with Belius after the desert, really cool part BTW!!).

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:15 AM »

I had the same problem in Xilia. I was grinding with food enhancements in one spot because the money and EXP was so ridiculous I just couldn't help it and I gained like 15 levels in a little more than an hour or so and from then on the game was ridiculously easy.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: January 30, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »

Zestiria World Info:

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1198
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 103 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: