Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 03:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338641 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111 Print
Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed  (Read 114274 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1215 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:10 AM »

Thanks,
Seems like Tales of Grace f is what I should be keeping an eye out for.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1216 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »

Hey Dice, when you say ToX2 doesn't fix the world map, does that mean dungeons too? I feel like that's the most disappointing part of ToX. I just did the "cruise ship" dungeon last night and wanted to hurl myself through a window for how dull the dungeon was despite the frantic situation.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1217 on: March 24, 2014, 10:35:39 AM »

Hey Dice, when you say ToX2 doesn't fix the world map, does that mean dungeons too? I feel like that's the most disappointing part of ToX. I just did the "cruise ship" dungeon last night and wanted to hurl myself through a window for how dull the dungeon was despite the frantic situation.

I haven't played it all the way through, but from what I've seen and heard there is indeed quite a lot of recycled content.  I can't answer more than that confidently.  So uh...I'm hoping the dungeons are at least 50% more interesting in order to make them...50% interesting.
The battle system is better though and the plot is (allegedly) much better too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1218 on: March 24, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »

Hey, I just figured out what defines Xillia! It's shortcuts.

Which isn't necessarily a good thing, what with the boring dungeons, lackluster box canyons and the whole "Let's copy and paste the harbors and dye the sky a different colour so no one will notice!". But on the other hand: fast travel, yay! The quest log and being able to switch team member mid-battle were nice too.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1219 on: March 24, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »

I loved having shortcuts. But Xenoblade Chronicles kind of spoiled me with those a bit.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1220 on: March 24, 2014, 01:44:44 PM »

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is $30 on Amazon if anyone is still interested.  I'm not sure if this is just a quick deal they're price matching or if it's due to unmet sales expectations.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1221 on: March 24, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is $30 on Amazon if anyone is still interested.  I'm not sure if this is just a quick deal they're price matching or if it's due to unmet sales expectations.

I reckon most of the hardcores just bought the Collector's Edition and no one bought up "old game".

Frankly, since really only one of two of those games is especially worth it, it was a way better deal to just get the $15 one off PSN.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1222 on: March 24, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »

I reckon most of the hardcores just bought the Collector's Edition and no one bought up "old game".

Frankly, since really only one of two of those games is especially worth it, it was a way better deal to just get the $15 one off PSN.
True, but if you're like me you would rather pay a premium to get a physical copy.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1223 on: March 24, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »

True, but if you're like me you would rather pay a premium to get a physical copy.

Totally put me in that category. Still like my physical copies.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1224 on: March 24, 2014, 02:58:03 PM »

Okay question for Milla's storyline in Tales of Xilla...

Code:
How the hell is the battle with Muzet at the start of Chapter 4 not a scripted battle!? She kills me within 10 seconds, I don't even get much of a chance to deal any damage.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:30:26 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1225 on: March 24, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »

@Klutz64: You should probably spoiler that.  I remember having a little trouble on it too, but I think I just kept my distance and only attacked when there was an opening.  Then I would move back, dodging/defending when necessary and repeat the process.  Don't forget about the new artes you get at the start of that chapter.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1226 on: March 24, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »

@Klutz64: You should probably spoiler that.  I remember having a little trouble on it too, but I think I just kept my distance and only attacked when there was an opening.  Then I would move back, dodging/defending when necessary and repeat the process.  Don't forget about the new artes you get at the start of that chapter.

That's what I ended up doing, just spamming the water arte over and over to counter her attacks. Also upgraded my equipment which really helped even though it was only a single tier--I absolutely hate the shop system and how hard it is to determine what is the "appropriate" equipment at any given point in the game--I still had to use a couple of elixers, but I still managed to get past the battle.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1227 on: April 09, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/tales-zestiria-introduces-new-character-lailah

Tales of Character Get!

If the information is anything to go by, looks like the MC's getting a waifu.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1228 on: April 09, 2014, 11:28:48 AM »

Sounds like a ToA deal where she's your fiancee but nothing happens because she's not 'main character' enough =/
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1229 on: April 09, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »

This game sounds more like an anime than the other titles...

Ah well, I like her design enough.  We really need some vids though.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: