Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« Reply #1770 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:11 PM »
(On a semi-related note, I really liked Leia's character development in Xillia 1 and how she grows from being dependent on Jude and pining after him to coming into her own caring instead about her personal responsibilities and family, but Xillia 2 just retconned it out the ass. I was mad.)

Xillia 1 step forward Xillia 2 steps back.

I'm mostly mad that Ludger is so damn OP.
Why did they even spend effort on making the other characters playable?
Anyone here played with anyone else?

Maybe I should write a longer piece about my Xillia 2 opinion. There's a lot to be said about that game.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:26:52 PM by Annubis »

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 06, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »
 I didn't really like Colette, but then I don't like that after she is cured, she stops being relevant. I think I'm just not a fan of ditzy characters, but it really bothers me when characters aren't relevant in a game with 6-8 characters. I liked Leia, but throughout Xillia there were points where Milla, Jude, Alvin, Rowen and even Elize pushed the plot forward. I can't think of any situations where Leia did that. She was basically along just to be with Jude, and even the night before the final battle she admits she just wants to see Jude happy. But then, a lot of Xillia got cut, so who knows what the original plan was. I actually would have been happier with a director's cut of Xillia than Xillia 2. At least then we would have had a complete product rather than two rushed ones.
I like crackers... but only the good kind.

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 06, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
it amazes me how often I can miss the edit button. Criminy I'm dumb.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 06, 2015, 07:34:12 PM »
(On a semi-related note, I really liked Leia's character development in Xillia 1 and how she grows from being dependent on Jude and pining after him to coming into her own caring instead about her personal responsibilities and family, but Xillia 2 just retconned it out the ass. I was mad.)

Xillia 1 step forward Xillia 2 steps back.

I'm mostly mad that Ludger is so damn OP.
Why did they even spend effort on making the other characters playable?
Anyone here played with anyone else?

Maybe I should write a longer piece about my Xillia 2 opinion. There's a lot to be said about that game.

Just about everyone is viable in Xillia 2.  The only reason why Ludger appears better at first is because he can exploit every weakness.  But most characters are better than him at something. Milla and Leia are better at those long, continuous air combos, for example.  Jude's basically just a beast with his Snap Pivots.  Gaius is really fun to play with and master, as is Rowen.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 06, 2015, 07:45:33 PM »
Erm... that and the 30 seconds of completely free damage.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 06, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »
Eh, depends on how you play.  A lot of the time once you're good enough you'd avoid that damage anyway, especially with Jude.  That is, if you're not just mashing attacks constantly.  What it's really best for is saving characters who might get hit by a bad AOE or strong attack and die.  The AI is prone to that.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 06, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »
It's pretty awesome to negate enemy MA too.

Grainofariver

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 07, 2015, 03:00:35 AM »
 Having recently fought the cameo fight on Unknown, I can safely say Ludger is OP, but not in the way I see referenced. Weaknesses? NOPE. Corpse Shell? NOPE. Two words: Falling Snow.
 Cameo fight was seriously 15+ minutes of "Falling Snow, Falling Snow, Falling Snow, Link Arte, Combo Mystic Arte if ya can, Falling Snow, Falling Snow...". Given Mint's WONDERFUL tendency to leap backward when you try to attack her, any attempt at a power combo was rendered useless. With Falling Snow you can interrupt her spell casting, quickly fill the link arte meter, and move so quickly the others have a hard time hitting you. WEEEEE!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:02:10 AM by Grainofariver »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 07, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
I don't understand the Cheria hate. Like, it genuinely baffles me.

She got caught once.  Never again was she a damsel.  People like to pretend she was pathetic and weak for the entire game,when I was really given the exactly opposite opinion. 

And she was pretty rightfully angry at Asbel.  I honestly wouldn't have forgiven him so quickly if I was in her place. 

So she has a few girly moments. Big deal. I mean, would you really want to jump into some stomach acid and be digested and then pood out?  Really?

Edit: Upon consideration of this post, Lloyd is far more of a damsel in his game.  He needs rescuing on at least 2 or 3 separate occasions, both due to being stupid early on.

I never really thought of that.
O.o When did I ever say that I hated her because she was a damsel in distress or because she is girly at some point? I hate her because she is annoying. I don't remember all the specifics of why I found her to be annoying, but I do remember disliking how she seemed to have an unhealthy desire to turn back the clock so that everything was exactly the same as it was during her childhood ignoring that the advancement of time changes people.....and then the universe bent over backwards to give her exactly what she wanted.

Plus I hated her "romance" with Asbel, that thing was painful to sit through. Every time I had to watch the chemistry (or more accurately lack there of) between those two characters I had to cringe as it was painfully obvious that they would not work as a couple no matter how much they loved each other. This is the sort of couple that would end up just not talking to each other after being married to each other for a few years because they have nothing in common, but then refuse separate because they love each other so much. And really I got the impression that her feelings for Asbel were more of "He was my childhood crush, therefore we are destined to be together," than love. Now I'm tempted to dig through my posts from when I was playing Graces f to see if I went into anymore detail there...

Edit: Oh hey found this. Seems I actually remembered my comments on her pretty well.

Code: [Select]
So yeah....Cheria, horrible character. She's a person who is trapped in the past and refuses to move past when she what? 8? (I suppose Asbel has this issue as well) She just is stuck in the exact same place, and she never grows. I know that her aid work is suppose to be her growth or w/e, but she just is yearning for the past and I don't recall her ever getting past that.....in fact the world just decides to grant her wish because why the hell not. Her love for Asbel? Totally just a childhood crush that really only exists because it seems like it was "expected" or something. Her and Asbel have no chemistry and could probably barely stand being in the same room as each other if it wasn't for their "pure and perfect love". Frankly I see their marriage ending up being very passive aggressive, where both of them hate each other without realizing it and staying together just because they have convinced themselves that they are in love. And goddamn it, this relationship gets way too much attention. Arggh!!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:11:12 AM by Ranadiel »

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 18, 2015, 06:04:29 PM »
Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ??!

https://steamdb.info/sub/61325/

What is THIS ?

(for those who don't get it, this is a very strong indicator that Zestiria will be on Steam)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:09:38 PM by Annubis »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 18, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »

What is THIS ?

(for those who don't get it, this is a very strong indicator that Zestiria will be on Steam)

Watch it join Destiny PS2 and Vesperia PS3 (or will it be the PS4 version that has the extra character and stuff but is doomed to forever remain in Japan).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1781 on: February 18, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »

What is THIS ?

Holy fuck....
Because...

What is THIS ?

Watch it join Destiny PS2 and Vesperia PS3 (or will it be the PS4 version that has the extra character and stuff but is doomed to forever remain in Japan).

...THIS.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 18, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
Are you guys getting all excited over three letters that could mean anything? Hell, this is Steam we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if it was referencing a game simply called Toz.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:41 PM »
Are you guys getting all excited over three letters that could mean anything? Hell, this is Steam we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if it was referencing a game simply called Toz.

Use Google cache. It was Tales of Zestiria not too long ago.
They switched it to TOZ because they probably saw that they got caught.

February 18, 2015 – 20:52:42 UTC
Changed name Steam Sub 61325 › TOZ
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:52:55 PM by Annubis »

pseudonym

• View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 19, 2015, 04:10:36 PM »
Due to me not getting a PS3, the last Tales game that I played was Abyss . It was my favorite out of the ones I played.

side note: Who pays attention/finds out about this kind of stuff? Granted, 3 hours (looking at the "last record update") is plenty of time to find about something but, still, I find it interesting that people are able to find out about it.