Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« Reply #1800 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:18 AM »
Just translate the Destiny remake and throw it on Vita or something. If they do that I'll buy every tales release going forward, regardless of quality, because of how much I love ToD.

I asked. Apparantly even putting the original Tales of Destiny (or Tales of Eternia) on PSN takes more work than they're willing to put into it.

They don't think we're worth it :(

I wouldn't be surprised.  IIRC that's the reason we're not seeing the fan favourite Breath of Fire on there (III).
Fuck....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUÃœUUUU---

Ah well..back to Graces.

I was just reminded this weekend about how not only does Graces have the best battle system, but easily has the best skits as well.

DariaRPG

• Lvl 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 08, 2015, 11:13:41 PM »
I still need to pick up Graces, I'm getting behind in my Tales gaming.
Like smart, indepth reviews of really old RPGs and adventure games? Well then, have I got the YouTube channel for you.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 09, 2015, 09:08:41 AM »

I just picked it up over the weekend! Found a copy at Gamestop for $30 bucks that says it was used, but the case and disc feel brand new. Can't wait to try it after I finish Bloodborne.

DariaRPG

• Lvl 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 09, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »

I just picked it up over the weekend! Found a copy at Gamestop for $30 bucks that says it was used, but the case and disc feel brand new. Can't wait to try it after I finish Bloodborne.

Yeah... that's a good price for any good PS3 RPG I think. (:

Have you started it yet?
Like smart, indepth reviews of really old RPGs and adventure games? Well then, have I got the YouTube channel for you.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 09, 2015, 10:02:07 PM »

Yeah... that's a good price for any good PS3 RPG I think. (:

Have you started it yet?

Not yet, still in the middle of playing Bloodborne.

Der Jermeister

• PikaBluth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
I recently started playing Xillia 2 and am liking it. The medical debt storyline is to me a nice break from the typical RPG norm.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 10, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »
It would have been better if the game didn't put money caps per chapter though.
She gets really annoying until you can pinpoint how little cash you're supposed to keep on hand for her not to bother you every 3 seconds.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1807 on: April 10, 2015, 11:13:46 PM »
I recently started playing Xillia 2 and am liking it. The medical debt storyline is to me a nice break from the typical RPG norm.

I loved playing Xillia 2 when I was high.  It was a welcome back to a game with much better character drama than its predecessor and still kept you in the same (but by this point "comfortable") world as the first game.

It's still glorified DLC, and the magical bullshitty-ness of the plot is irritating as hell.  I really don't know how I feel with Xillia 1/2 and that's something I could debate in my head for a while even without a forum.

Ah well, Tales, if nothing else, is fun in that way it's like putting on a pair of old comfortable slippers again.

I still think if a game combined the depth of Abyss's plot and the awesomeness of Graces' gameplay-oriented ...um, gameplay, that game would be an instant 10/10.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 11, 2015, 08:12:52 AM »

I still think if a game combined the depth of Abyss's plot and the awesomeness of Graces' gameplay-oriented ...um, gameplay, that game would be an instant 10/10.

Only if they go back to Vesperia's graphic style.

Arklight

• Know the meaning of Odio.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 11, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »
I miss Tales games having fantastic cel-shading.
"Art is how we decorate space; Music is how we decorate time"

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »
Oh god yeah. Vesperia looked utterly orgasmic. I remember playing both Graces and Xillia and somewhere in the back of my mind, I kept thinking "I remember Vesperia looking better than this. Did it though?" over and over again until I finally put the disc back in for the first time since 2008 just to see.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1811 on: April 13, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
Sorry everyone, massive pictures to prove a point no one asked for

It's weird, but I actually even like how Graces looked in a very simplistic way.  Clean lines, crisp colouring and pastel palette... Looked good too me (if not simple...but I mean, it was a Wii game).

But yeah, Vesperia did it best.  I admire the strides Tales has taken (as far as "adapting the artwork" I think the latest Atelier games take the cake, though), if the Tales series is still super-rooted in anime, I think they should stick it out with cel shading.  It worked so well and worked well against their somewhat lesser use of polys for characters.  Better yet, was Vesp's use of colour and generating atmosphere made each place feel welcoming and lovely.

That said, I don't think Zesty looks bad (it's for sure better than Xillia's success at looking awful), but definitely unpolished....like Jesus H fuck that aliasing:
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 14, 2015, 02:04:54 AM »
I don't what you're talking about there Dice, that's quality aliasing--the finest aliasing. You don't get that kind of craftsmanship anymore--TALES OF ZESTY-O's Everyone: BEST PLAYSTATION 2 JRPG. ;)

(seriously, I want this game. Why isn't this in my possession yet.)

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
I think if you showed those two screenshots to someone who doesn't know tales at all, they'd probably think Vesperia came out after Zesty.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 14, 2015, 09:13:44 AM »
I think if you showed those two screenshots to someone who doesn't know tales at all, they'd probably think Vesperia came out after Zesty.

As someone who's played neither, I do believe that Zesty does look a little bit better than Vespy technically speaking. But that's mostly due to the more open Skybox and Background rather than Vespy's glorified tunnel.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.