Author Topic: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of PlayStation(s) revealed
« Reply #1845 on: May 12, 2015, 05:21:38 PM »
Naked Dunban on Valak mountains, yo. And everywhere else.

I don't know why, but out of all games, FF12 really bothered me with that.
You spend a really long time in those stupid snowy mountains and your entire cast is dressed for a desert...
Shirtless Vaan, miniskirt Ashe, S&M Fran, etc.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 12, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »
I imagine this is how any English conversation goes with the Tales' team:

"So what did you do over the weekendia?"
"Oh not much, just ran some errandias, like a trip to the groceria and dropped some dressias off at the laundromatia."
You win.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1847 on: May 12, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »
Silly naming scheme aside (though, I always liked how "Tales of the Abyss" suck out for having no "-ia" at the end actually featuring the word "the").

You're right, Tales of the Abyss did suck ;)

Plot-wise that game was a complete success (IMO). Any replays are for the sheer depth of it alone and seriously unreplicated by any other Tales title

Why are you arguing with yourself? All Annubis was doing was pointing out how much your comment suck out at him.

Maybe the next Tales of game should be called, Tales of Suckia (and stars Mr. T; "I pity the fool who don't play this sucka!").

*woman
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:25:07 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Arklight

• Know the meaning of Odio.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 12, 2015, 08:38:07 PM »
I personally like the sound of "Orfellia." Plus, the idea of the next Tales title having the abbreviation ToO is oddly hilarious to me.
"Art is how we decorate space; Music is how we decorate time"

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 13, 2015, 05:49:37 AM »
I'm quite glad I don't give a flying fuck about what costume my character's wearing.
Curently playing Xenoblade 3D. I mostly just see them as an inconvenience.

Yeah, but Dundan isn't affected by the cold. He dodges it.

FallenGrace

• View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 13, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
Silly naming scheme aside (though, I always liked how "Tales of the Abyss" suck out for having no "-ia" at the end actually featuring the word "the").

You're right, Tales of the Abyss did suck ;)

Plot-wise that game was a complete success (IMO). Any replays are for the sheer depth of it alone and seriously unreplicated by any other Tales title

Why are you arguing with yourself? All Annubis was doing was pointing out how much your comment suck out at him.

Maybe the next Tales of game should be called, Tales of Suckia (and stars Mr. T; "I pity the fool who don't play this sucka!").

*woman

lol. Thank you all. This conversation made my day.

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 13, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »
I'm quite glad I don't give a flying fuck about what costume my character's wearing.

HAH!  Yes, I think Dunban is noble enough to slip passed the gusts and he floats on top of snow.

My liking for Dunban makes me..a little angry that Fiora is his sister, because man she's awful,

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

timmyFd

• View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 13, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »

My liking for Dunban makes me..a little angry that Fiora is his sister, because man she's awful,

Dunban is one of the only people who can say "We will seize our destiny" and I think "Yes, yes we will."

I also had Melia wearing her pants (british not american) for most of the game. I'd just assumed it was a kinda constant part of all her outfits. Realised near the end that I'd just forgotten to change her bottom-half for about 30 hours.
I bet Freud would infer something. Possibly my love for Yuna being expressed in creepy and arbitrary ways by exploiting characters similar to her.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:46:06 PM by timmyFd »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 13, 2015, 06:19:04 PM »

To be fair, as far as siblings go, this 'Citan' is probably the luckiest. Anything is a step up from Shion (you're too good for her, Allen!), and original Citan's siblings were probably canned before the game starts.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 13, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »
Allan is the stealth protagonist of Xenosaga.
And by Xenosaga III, someone should have slapped the shit out of Shion for treating him like crap =/

Erm... I mean, Tales games. Yeah! Erm...

NO MORO ITEMUZU EBAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 14, 2015, 04:17:05 AM »

HAH!  Yes, I think Dunban is noble enough to slip passed the gusts and he floats on top of snow.

I'd argue your comment towards Fiora but that way lies XBC spoilers. That said, I will say that if Dunban can dodge the wind, Fiora can murder the hell out of it (as long as the wind doesn't have Spike Defense, otherwise she just explodes at the mere sight of it without significant investments into Spike Defense). Then again, Dunban can topple and bleed the wind to death and isn't reliant on Shulk to maximize his murder.

At least both siblings share the trait of becoming more powerful when they wear less.

To be fair, as far as siblings go, this 'Citan' is probably the luckiest. Anything is a step up from Shion (you're too good for her, Allen!), and original Citan's siblings were probably canned before the game starts.

And yes, Dunban is definitely the best Citan archetype thus far (no idea what XBCX's is like), as he doesn't bail on you during the moments you'd want him most for and isn't getting shown up by a magical girl/glass cannon/tactical nuke.

Also OG Citan was more of a family man than a bro and his wife was probably the character that got canned (especially since it sounded like she got offscreened during Shevat's fall or the Wels-ageddon; which sucks because it was also implied that between the two of them, she was the superior fighter).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 14, 2015, 04:57:42 AM »
Also OG Citan was more of a family man than a bro and his wife was probably the character that got canned (especially since it sounded like she got offscreened during Shevat's fall or the Wels-ageddon; which sucks because it was also implied that between the two of them, she was the superior fighter).

I meant literally canned. O, wait, I think I'm remembering Perfect Works again. Wasn't there's some disease that decimated the lower level population?

(His current family is cool, though, despite them getting so little screentime.)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 14, 2015, 05:19:01 AM »

I meant literally canned. O, wait, I think I'm remembering Perfect Works again. Wasn't there's some disease that decimated the lower level population?

(His current family is cool, though, despite them getting so little screentime.)

What are the odds that the siblings were in can that Fei and Elly ate? I could totally see Citan engineering it entirely so that he could feed his siblings to his charge + girlfriend.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 14, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
Which reminds me I should beat the game.... it's just one of those I tend to drop and have trouble re-picking up (if I beat it, it would go in that topic we have about it).

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 20, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
I finally started English Tales of Hearts R. I wasn't mistaken, this game is definitely better than Xillia. It's formulaic, but I'm enjoying it way more than Xillia, which felt painfully perfunctory and rushed.

Also played some Graces F for the first time, and I like that, too. I hear the cast is awful, but I'll be damned if the area design isn't more interesting than Xillia.

Basically I really don't like Xillia.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.