Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Radiant Historia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Print
Author Topic: Radiant Historia  (Read 53023 times)
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »

Well shoot. There go my plans for that epic Ninja Turtles RPG...

That's a good idea!  I can just picture Donatello breaking out the classic final fantasy black mage attire holding his Bo.

I would just hope that blobs don't fall out of the sky in a TMNT RPG.  On that note, I'm kind of surprised that GameTrailers still hasn't posted a review for Radiant Historia, for shame!

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »

Lard, I'm with you that the vast majority of sewer and desert dungeons are the most maddening exercises in poor design (worst sewer was Lufia: Ruins of Lore and worst desert was Stupid Invaders), but I actually didn't mind the sewer in Radiant Historia.  (ASIDE: And I was surprised that I actually liked the desert dungeon in Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2.  That was the last place I expected to find a desert dungeon that was decently designed.)

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/10/atlus-gives-you-a-second-chance-to-buy-radiant-historia.aspx

2nd Printing
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »

Worth bumping for. Definitely check it out if you (somehow) haven't, the game was going for insane prices before this.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »

Good for the people that missed out, but I can't think of another game getting a reprint this soon after release.

Is the game even a year old yet? I'm just surprised they're doing it so soon.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »

Good for the people that missed out, but I can't think of another game getting a reprint this soon after release.

DS is on its way out (but will probably take longer like the PS2 did and less like the Xbox/GC) and the game's already going for insane prices used. Strike while the iron's hot and all that.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »

NISA reprints their games often, as does Atlus.  You can usually tell the success of an Atlus game on if they get a (quiet) first reprint.  This is just a big deal because it was delayed.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »

Yeah. Eusis made a good point, why not reprint it if there's a demand for it and kill the insane Ebay market to boot.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »

The UDON MEgaman Zero artbook was going for almost $200 before it's reprint.... wtf... x(

Awesome news though, great game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:42 AM »

Yes. To all the people who missed out on this before; go get it now. This was the best JRPG to be released in the US in 2011 and you owe it to yourselves to play this. The combo system of this game is about as good as SMT's Press Turn System. It's also a game that's both linear as hell but rather flexible as well and thus enjoys the benefits of both. The one thing to watch out for is that the game didn't enjoy the most generous production value when it was made so for graphics hounds and audio fillies, know that you're basically getting something that feels like a lost Turbo-Duo game. That said, the story and the characters more than make up for that so if you're interested, then I reiterate, take a look now. While you still can.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2012, 04:55:22 AM »

This was the best JRPG to be released in the US in 2011 and you owe it to yourselves to play this.

I might be inclined to agree if it weren't for Trails in the Sky coming out that year (well, and technically Dark Souls, but regardless of classification it is a VERY different beast), but it's roughly on par with Trails anyway and it can go either way for each person. Plus at least Radiant Historia's COMPLETE, which is doubly good when we have no idea how we'll get Trails in the Sky 2, if we even do, nevermind the rest of the series.

... And Turbo Duo? Well, everyone's different, but not enough have come out in English (that I've tried), so this feels more like either an SNES or PS1/Saturn RPG. Looks like the latter anyway.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »

The one thing to watch out for is that the game didn't enjoy the most generous production value when it was made so for graphics hounds and audio fillies, know that you're basically getting something that feels like a lost Turbo-Duo game.

When you say audio, are you referring to sound effects or the soundtrack? If it's the latter, then I have to say that's not true because this game had one of the best soundtracks I've heard in recent time.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

Yeah RH had really good music. Also I thought it looked fine for a DS game. DS games that have 3D tend to have a lot of jaggies and oddities.

I need to get back to RH.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: February 12, 2012, 12:13:33 AM »

I actually hated the 2D work for being inconsistent.  I hated how some characters had mouths and others didnt.  Amd I hated how it was only 4-directional (sucks in a 2D/3D mixed game).  And I hated how framerate was dropped everywhere but for battle sprites... x(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
pg.shadowrunner
The Spooniest Bard You Will Ever Meet.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »

Finally had a chance to play this game, and I'm really glad I did. Possibly one of the best DS RPGs I've ever played. I really like the way time-travel works in tandem with the gameplay, it's fascinating.

I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: