Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:59:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338012 Posts in 13839 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Radiant Historia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: Radiant Historia  (Read 56554 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »

New trailer but they really don't show much of the game (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oOdZ7oEC5U

complete with an epic sounding guy talking about it in japanese

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »

New trailer but they really don't show much of the game (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oOdZ7oEC5U

complete with an epic sounding guy talking about it in japanese

Looks promising.  I never played Radiata Stories on the PS2.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »

Bumping this back up for localization announcement.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

Bumping this back up for localization announcement.

"Hell" to the "yeah"! Ah, but it's coming out in February.=( So much for pre-ordering. I need to save the money for Tactics Ogre and Okamiden. I'll get it further down the line, though, maybe in April.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »

Glad its coming to the west.Although I'm not sure if I want to buy it just yet.Its wait-and-see for now

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

I like the concept a lot. I think I'll wait for a review to come out before I take the plunge.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »

I'll check reviews, but what I've read about it really makes me interested.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 06:48:10 PM »

I been reading the impressions on GAF about this game, and guess what... it seems that this game has more story than the Xeno games.

GhaleonQ: So, would you say this has more or less RPG stuff than Sigma Harmonics?

Bebpo: Never got around to playing that so I can't compare. The most story heavy rpgs I've played have been Xenogears/Xenosaga, and what I've played of Sora no Kiseki series so far. RH definitely has more story than either so far. I'm still really early though. Haven't played it since Monday. Been focusing on Solatorobo so I can get back to RH.

Pinko Marx: More story than Xenogears/Saga!?

Bebpo: I'm not talking about overall story though, just the ratio to the gameplay. Like I said the first 4 hours was about 3 1/2 hours of watching scenes and 30 mins of gameplay. 1 mini-dungeon and maybe a dozen battles and 2 bosses so far.

Pinko Marx: Well hopefully the story and dialogue are up to par to carry the game.

Impressions of the game by Sinople (GAF Member):

I've played around 10 hours now and can confirm the game is definitely very good.

The story is captivating enough to make you want know what will happen next. You basically alternate between two time-lines created from one important decision you make at the beginning of the game. It's interesting to see how events happen drastically differently between the two. My only reserve is that the two time-lines sometimes influence each other when they should not.

As for the battle system, it's really fun. There are lots of skills that make it more and more engaging as you gain level, like aoe, traps and limits of a sort.

There is also a strong focus on gaining ability to open new paths or discover treasures in areas you already visited, like an action-adventure game a la Zelda.

J-Gaf seems to be more interested in Tactics Ogre and Golden Sun but I can safely recommend this one. Sales are desperately low but I really hope word of mouth will give it the legs it deserve, as reviews are pretty positive.

Well, the game seems interesting. But it appears that the game didn't sold well in Japan thanks to God Eater Burst and Tactics Ogre, a shame.

Here's the link to the thread: Radiant Historia import impressions.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »

I was reading this as well. It's what got me really interested in the game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »

I've looked into this more and have to say, it's about the only thing I'm anticipating besides Okamiden, and I'll probably grab it on launch. Amazing what can change in a few hours.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 08:54:27 PM »

I finally decided to get me a DS, letīs see if it can re-kindle my love for rpgs...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »

Man, it's hilarious how the one guy gave up hope on localization just yesterday. Though with the way things are that's kind of understandable to assume. :/
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »

Oooo fancy.  Curious about this, the battle system looks like the perfect blend of old and innovative

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 10:39:17 PM »

I finally decided to get me a DS, letīs see if it can re-kindle my love for rpgs...

Same here. This game is definitely peaking my interest. This + Tactics Ogre will make hand helds my go-to this coming February.

Also, the music in Atlus's trailer was candy to my ears. Bodes well for the game's soundtrack.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:04:12 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »

I dunno, it looks almost too good. There's gotta be a catch.
One thing I worry about is the battle system. It looks involved, which usually means slow. It's ok for srpgs, but other things I've seen show it as much more menu driven like a traditional turn based rpg.  Then there's that grid...
I'm all for new things, but I want to see how this gets scored. Even that might not tell me anything though.

There was an interview posted earlier comparing the game to Xenogears in story presentation. That worries me too. Xenogears was a great game so I've been told. I even own it, and I've tried to play it at least 5x, but it's just not paced well enough for me. I just remember never really feeling like the game took off fast enough, and there's only so long i'm willing to wait on the runway.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: