Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319720 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Radiant Historia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: Radiant Historia  (Read 50068 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2011, 01:47:47 AM »

RPGFan has a chat? I haven't seen it. I guess I'll either have to search for it or one of you could link me... I can already feel everyone sighing at the linking part, so I'll try and find it on my own.

Thread for it was on General.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2011, 01:48:46 AM »

Thread for it was on General.

I saw that once and then I couldn't find it again... I thought it had been deleted or something. Thanks for helping me.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2011, 05:47:47 AM »

Either I'm an optimist or a fool for asking but I'm thinking about picking this up soonish and I was wondering which stores carry this game as I don't want to have a repeat of the bullshit I went through with GameStop trying to get Tactics Ogre and DQVI.

I should also mention that I ABSOLUTELY have NO INTENTION of buying this online.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »

I should also mention that I ABSOLUTELY have NO INTENTION of buying this online.

Why not?

Also, you and Lard should start dating or something. You could meet up and walk around searching game stores for hard-to-find-games-that-are-easily-available-online. Sounds like fun!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

I've yet to see Radiant Historia anywhere, but I did find DQVI in Best Buy.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »

My advice would be to pre-order them in the future... I personnaly pre-order every interesting handheld RPGs that come out as I know they usually become rare less than a month after their release. What's great is that you can cancel it if the reviews are bad, and you're sure to get it if it's a great game.

I have fury!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »

Oh, I would like to buy it, but I went with the soul sucking black hole that is Pokemon. One game every few months is enough for me. If, the next time I'm itching for a game, I can find this I'll be sure to grab it.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Tankallex
Warrior

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »

I am actually picking this game up today, it looks amazing. I pre-ordered it a few months back but I haven't been able to pick it up until today. Old school graphics, Yoko Shimomura soundtrack? How can you go wrong? You can't!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

From new game journal.

I like it so far, but not completely sold yet (too much goddamn dialogue, and like 5 battles thus far... get on with it!!).  I'm not sure whether I love or hate the artwork and spritework.  The stark black shadows annoys me in the artwork, and so does the sprites' meager frame rate (outside of battles anyways, the in-battle ones look great!! ...which is odd, it's like they gave up for the field sprites).  Great music so far, but the prologue last an hour and we hear about 3 recycled tracks.  I like the game, but the lack of polish adds a bitter taste.  I'm at the "first big choice", I think (the twins are making a big deal about a node, so...).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »

Either I'm an optimist or a fool for asking but I'm thinking about picking this up soonish and I was wondering which stores carry this game as I don't want to have a repeat of the bullshit I went through with GameStop trying to get Tactics Ogre and DQVI.

Welp, this experiment has been concluded. I gots mine and with almost no trolling from the peanut gallery either. Even if the blather was useless this still went far better than expected.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »

The game does have a LOT of exposition, but that's a big reason why I like it.

I approve of this nonsense!
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »

Agreed. It almost (almost) feels like a visual novel at times. I don't mind because: (a) I like games with a lot of dialogue, (b) the translation is good and (c) I like the character art.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2011, 08:09:20 AM »

I wish they had more than one dialogue image for each characrer though. Considering how much dialogue there is and how much space they take up, this was a pretty irritating oversight to me.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:04 AM »

I wish they had more than one dialogue image for each characrer though. Considering how much dialogue there is and how much space they take up, this was a pretty irritating oversight to me.
My biggest problem with the game.

So much dialogue and varying emotions, but characters only show one facial expression throughout. WTF Atlus!?

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »

My biggest problem with the game.

So much dialogue and varying emotions, but characters only show one facial expression throughout. WTF Atlus!?

I find Stocke's face pretty consistent. =P
But yeah, even if they changed the 40x40 pixel range of their face only.
I'm not too bothered by it though... a history of doing without is suppose does that to me.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: